Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

He said to fans that the club shouldn’t aim or expect to be any better than relegation candidates. Any player who thinks that of any club should never be allowed to play for that club again. He can get to fuck if he thinks he’ll get any sympathy from me.

Am pretty sure he couldn't give much of a toss how much sympathy you have for him, but fair enough. O0

Unless he said that outside a bar encounter (i can tell from some of the conversations and from seeing quite a few nights out in my time... that there is a slight suspicion the defence of his manager could be misrepresented), then I'll just go with how he comes across to me in the many TV and media interviews I've caught. And to be honest, he seems canny.

If things are at “data room” stage, it’s not private jets we should be looking out for, more so geeks in suits from Deloitte or whoever has been tasked to do this. They will arrive in the office at 8am just like everyone else and have a small boardroom taken over with boxes of files coming and going.

If this is something that is happening quickly they’ll be there into the night.

It will be quite obvious what’s going on to the general level employees so I’m surprised there hasn’t been any leaks from that side yet. Not even one photo on twitter from the guy from the mail room (or whoever). No ship is that tight.

Something just doesn’t add up about the whole thing.

If things are at “data room” stage, it’s not private jets we should be looking out for, more so geeks in suits from Deloitte or whoever has been tasked to do this. They will arrive in the office at 8am just like everyone else and have a small boardroom taken over with boxes of files coming and going.

It will be quite obvious what’s going on to the general level employees so I’m surprised there hasn’t been any leaks from that side yet. Not even one photo on twitter from the guy from the mail room (or whoever). No ship is that tight.

Pretty sure the ‘data room’ process will be done online. From what I’ve read on it, the club put all the accounting books etc to a 3rd party who keep it all safe. From then on any 3rd party who have signed a NDA will be given a password where they can log on and look at all the documents, so there will be no guys with boxes of files.

He’s sharp changed his tune.

Too late, Rafa doesn’t care for his crocodile tears and he will be shifted on as soon as he gets a replacement.

Crocodile tears? Nah, I just don't buy it.

Have a lot of time for Elliot (whey, maybe not as an ideal number one  :lol:) and can't recall seeing many if any interviews in the press or anywhere yet where he hasn't come across as being absolutely sound.

Na he's a bellend. Us Geordies only expect to finish top 4...

Pretty sure the ‘data room’ process will be done online. From what I’ve read on it, the club put all the accounting books etc to a 3rd party who keep it all safe. From then on any 3rd party who have signed a NDA will be given a password where they can log on and look at all the documents, so there will be no guys with boxes of files.

Correct. All documents are shared online through a highly secured Dropbox type of system. In my former company the data room process were done from the other side of the world by lawyers and accountants from a third party company.

Unless it's an online data room.

I'm reasonably calm about this now tbh. I think it's happening and just a case of waiting for the news. Based on me trying to keep calm.

I'm just ignoring it until it's done or goes away. Working well so far!

Put it this way I doubt there is going to be anything of substance for a good few weeks yet.  Mountains of media speculation to tantalise our clicking fingers but shag all concrete

Absolutely nothing to say they'll offer what Ashley wants though.

£350m and it's done imo. He won't get his £380m asking price, but it'll not be far off.

He wants away like, he's not messing this time.

If he genuinely wants away there's no way he'll let PCP walk away. Even if they won't budge from £300m he's going to more than get his money back, and that's without accounting for the free advertising for Sports Direct for 10 years,

Disagree, I think he'd keep it. We're not talking small sums of money here, £50-80m of cash. :lol:

Agreed.

He'll be a cunt of the highest order to do a deal with.

As for needing the money for his next venture, when you've got access to billions, drumming up some funding to the tune of £400m shouldn't be very difficult at all so any other deals will unlikely to be depedant on this one. Sadly.

His only motivation now will be to get the best deal and he won't give one fuck what the next owner does to/for us.

No different to Sir John Hall. He didn't give a fuck either once he'd smelled the money.

Unless it's an online data room.

Which it will be.

I'm reasonably calm about this now tbh. I think it's happening and just a case of waiting for the news. Based on me trying to keep calm.

I'm just ignoring it until it's done or goes away. Working well so far!

I'm still constantly reading every article mind :lol:

That is how I understand it to be also.

Online access.

I wish the reality of it was this easy. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Do we really think Ashley is paperless?  :lol: :lol:

Anah. :lol:

A bit of news to go on would be good like, the amateur sleuth stage is always a proper chore.

Do we really think Ashley is paperless?  :lol: :lol:

Anah. :lol:

A bit of news to go on would be good like, the amateur sleuth stage is always a proper chore.

The only way I can see Ashley being paperless is he has out sourced the book keeping to a third party.  Little Lee Charnley just sends all the bills, invoices etc to the third party and they manage it. They then have the secure on line room for potential buyers to look at.  Ashley doesn't strike me as a guy that cares for the environment or employing his own financial staff.

Whoever is looking at NUFCs books under Ashley will be very careful and will be wanting to look at everything, given how he is such a reckless business man to deal with.

This could takes weeks.