Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

exactly Ashley seems very thin skinned and doesn't like criticism,  any other protests whether big or small seem to have got some sort of reaction from him.

Really? When has he ever done anything in reaction to a protest from the fans? Or a story in the media?

There may be some perception that his actions are a direct response but i've never seen anything to substantiate that.

Apart from when he put the club up for sale saying 'I know you want me out'? :lol:

Still here isn't he?

Guest firetotheworks

exactly Ashley seems very thin skinned and doesn't like criticism,  any other protests whether big or small seem to have got some sort of reaction from him.

Really? When has he ever done anything in reaction to a protest from the fans? Or a story in the media?

There may be some perception that his actions are a direct response but i've never seen anything to substantiate that.

Apart from when he put the club up for sale saying 'I know you want me out'? :lol:

Still here isn't he?

:dowie:

Still here isn't he?

If he's so thick skinned then he should have no problem allowing a few banners into the ground advising him to get out of our club.

Still here isn't he?

If he's so thick skinned then he should have no problem allowing a few banners into the ground advising him to get out of our club.

He's not an idiot is he. He's not going to court bad publicity or allow it to happen under his nose.

Was the banning of the local papers an emotional decision or a business decision? Same with putting the club up for sale if he ever actually did. Perhaps he put it up for sale because he felt it would be more work than he originally thought to bring it to the point of self-sufficiency. Again, not an emotional decision, a business decision. 

As i said before, he may have bought the club with slightly different intentions but the original plan was always the same - use the club to promote his brand through the Premier League.

The statement he made at the time was a very emotional one.

Straight from the mouths of his PR team no doubt.

Wasn't long after, that they were proven to be liars in a court of law.

Still here isn't he?

He's not an idiot he is. He's not going to court bad publicity or allow it to happen under his nose.

Was the banning of the local papers an emotional decision or a business decision? Same with putting the club up for sale if he ever actually did. Perhaps he put it up for sale because he felt it would be more work than he originally thought to bring it to the point of self-sufficiency. Again, not an emotional decision, a business decision. 

As i said before, he may have bought the club with slightly different intentions but the original plan was always the same - use the club to promote his brand through the Premier League.

So we've established that banners and protests do have an effect on him, even if they don't affect his business. Then that makes them very worthwhile IMO. Even if he won't spend any more money on the squad than intended, he might think it's worth spending a bit more on a proper manager just to avoid that bad publicity you talked about.

Guest Dontooner

I can stand bad/poor players, just cant stand watching good players play route 1 limited football.

The manager is too  important for the club, we at least need a manager that tries to bring out the best in the attacking players.

Ashley just needs to make the right appointment and the fans will leave him alone.

Still here isn't he?

He's not an idiot he is. He's not going to court bad publicity or allow it to happen under his nose.

So we've established that banners and protests do have an effect on him, even if they don't affect his business. Then that makes them very worthwhile IMO. Even if he won't spend any more money on the squad than intended, he might think it's worth spending a bit more on a proper manager just to avoid that bad publicity you talked about.

Anything is worth a shot at this point. I'm losing the will to live.

Unfortunately it might come back to bite us when we bring Gerry Francis in to replace Pardew.

We need a banner that highlights the correlation between NUFC and Sports Direct i.e. poor quality, falls apart etc.  I am sure some succinct wording could promote a negative image of Sports Direct and at the same time highlight the negative impact on NUFC.

Could the fans not send someone on a tour of the middle east in an effort to try and persuade some mega reich arab to make Ashley an offer he couldn't refuse?

sor of like an estate agent, for example my house is not for sale but if someone knocks on the door and offers me enough cash then its sold!

I think steve_69's so enraged and disillusioned now the fog has cleared that he's just counter-arguing everyone's post for the sake of it :D

I think you're wrong and here's why......... :lol:

We need a banner that highlights the correlation between NUFC and Sports Direct i.e. poor quality, falls apart etc.  I am sure some succinct wording could promote a negative image of Sports Direct and at the same time highlight the negative impact on NUFC.

Sports Direct : producing shit clothes and shit football teams since 2008

To 'Tom Hark'

Ashley's clothes

Are fucking gash

They fall apart and they give you a rash

They fade in the wash and they fray at the seams

Because they're made by children, instead of machines

To 'Tom Hark'

Ashley's clothes

Are f***ing gash

They fall apart and they give you a rash

They fade in the wash and they fray at the seams

Because they're made by children, instead of machines

Sounds like something Billy Bragg would sing  :boomboom:

Arguing on Reddit with people who think we have a good owner and should stop complaining. That we are 9th in the league and have "zero debt". Pisses me off so much. I have no idea how to get through to these people.

Arguing on Reddit with people who think we have a good owner and should stop complaining. That we are 9th in the league and have "zero debt". Pisses me off so much. I have no idea how to get through to these people.

I wouldn't bother.