Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Slightly different in that he already owns Newcastle outright.

He'd still leave sooner if he was given more stick

Yep possibly, I don't even know if leaving is in his mind at all. Just saying its a lot easier for Rangers fans to take action at this point.

never got why he was so interested in Rangers to begin with. Champions league stuff mentioned time and again but Rangers are a long way off that goal (only 1 CL place in scotland I believe?) and considering the huge disparity in tv money and general exposure between SPL and Prem it makes more sense in the cashing the tv cheque without doing much as he currently is and maximum exposure for sports direct signs. Very strange.

Guest neesy111

Principle is the same. Boot off the way they did, and he'd want out.

Not sure myself.

Not sure myself.

Nor should you be.

Ashley already owns us lock stock.

With Rangers he had a breach of Scottish football rules to contend with as well as a very messy ownership structure.

I think these are bigger factors than the actual fans

Not sure myself.

Nor should you be.

With Rangers he had a breach of Scottish football rules to contend with as well as a very messy ownership structure.

Last time everyone kicked off he put the club up for sale

At what price though?

It's all well and good putting it up for sale at a price no one will buy it at.

Guest neesy111

Not sure myself.

Nor should you be.

That was when the club was losing money, now club is making good money for him.  Different circumstances now.

That was the time before, the last time was when they closed the singing section because they were calling him names.

Yeah to read that Cameron article saying he's not bothered about things said about him :lol: Sack Pardew banners confiscated etc

i'll just never be on board with the theory, "he wont do it so lets not bother trying". If you try and it doesn't work so what? If you do it and it makes his life a bit worse then bonus. What are we getting out the silent servitude at the minute? fuck all

I don't think anyone is advocating that mate.

I just think the situations here and at Rangers are totally different that's all.

It's more likely that he's giving up on Rangers as he's been advised that he's not going to win the dual ownership fight.  In a choice between NUFC which is bringing in £50m a year profit plus massive worldwide exposure for SD every week and Rangers which brings in bot all and might, after some investment, see SD get a little eurpoean exposure 6 times a season it's easy to see which one to pick.

I agree with r0cafella that if he has pulled out of Rangers, it will be largely down to the SFA. They're not budging, and nor should they, so he has nowhere to go.

I also agree with Santoon though. If nobody turned up to Newcastle games, it would force his hand. Makes me laugh when I see people arguing the opposite to justify giving him money: "I'm still going because he's not bothered about the ST money"

OK, a bloke who won't give Peter Beardsley two free tickets to the game on Saturday and who won't give George Caulkin a sandwich isn't bothered about ~£20m season ticket money per year, righto, I believe you. If you just like going to the match, say that, but don't make out like it wouldn't make a difference if everyone packed it in.

I agree with r0cafella that if he has pulled out of Rangers, it will be largely down to the SFA. They're not budging, and nor should they, so he has nowhere to go.

I also agree with Santoon though. If nobody turned up to Newcastle games, it would force his hand. Makes me laugh when I see people arguing the opposite to justify giving him money: "I'm still going because he's not bothered about the ST money"

OK, a bloke who won't give Peter Beardsley two free tickets to the game on Saturday and who won't give George Caulkin a sandwich isn't bothered about ~£20m season ticket money per year, righto, I believe you. If you just like going to the match, say that, but don't make out like it wouldn't make a difference if everyone packed it in.

:lol:

Can't see him walking away from Rangers before the EGM in a few weeks. Why would he? He controls most of the club with no more than 10% of the shares.

As for jacking season tickets in, if you haven't done so already and there is confirmation this week that Demi Garde (or similar is coming am not sure why you would? Having (mostly) suffered the Pardew years why would you jack now when the new lad comes in?

If we get a new boss this week and sign Messi and Ronaldo then I'm defiantly gona think about getting a season ticket again.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't see him walking away from Rangers before the EGM in a few weeks. Why would he? He controls most of the club with no more than 10% of the shares.

As for jacking season tickets in, if you haven't done so already and there is confirmation this week that Demi Garde (or similar is coming am not sure why you would? Having (mostly) suffered the Pardew years why would you jack now when the new lad comes in?

Nor will he, he is raking in millions for his 10% with the entire commercial package virtually sewn up. Any one wanting to buy him out will have to pay top dollar so its not like he will lose out

Spot on - an empty St James for even few weeks would shift him because it would reflect on SD. Until then we will remain a zombie club

:thup:

Fair comment.

:thup:

Fair comment.

Aye based on a non event the might actually happen. Mike Ashleys business style and past events actually indicate he's more likely to screw the fans over.

Mike Ashley is a Cancer on NUFC the business and has no pride in NUFC the club. Just like any of his other commercial assests, it's strip em bare and run on the very bare minimum investment possible.

The mans a snake and has been for many a year

Ashley turned whistleblower on industry rivals in 2000, handing the Office of Fair Trading evidence of business meetings held by sports retailers to fix the price of football shirts. Ashley attended a meeting at the Cheshire home of David Hughes, the chairman of now bankrupt rival Allsports.

As long as NUFC provide Mike with a Meal ticket, be it via the free Sportdirect adverts/Prem Money/Match Day Money then he is here to stay.

I can actually see him floating the club once it passes 2016, and lining his pockets again as he done with every other business he has purchased.

He cares about one thing and thats the bottom line.