Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Right, just watched that interview, i expect more of the same next season and he is every selective in his words about investment.

He is to blame but he leaves Charnley and everyone else a budget to work from and they have to use that wisely.  So more of the same next season.

He is never leaving as we wont ever be near the cups as we have been told we cant compete int hem and we will never be near top 5 with a limited budget and sports direct sponsorship monoplising all the advertising space.

I suspect Bishop has said you have to do an interview and so many fans are jacking it in, you need to get outthere and say stuff about winnng things and investment otheriwse the whole thing will fall apart.

The proof is in the pudding, actions are stronger than words, monkeys only climb trees with brances...

I smell a rat, anyone fooled by this wants shot with Donnay socks.

Easiest set of questions.

I hope Souness' next heart attack happens when he's 'down the motorway'.

f***ing hell man. I don't understand this kind of thing.

Means driving back home.

I hope Souness' next heart attack happens when he's 'down the motorway'.

Fucking hell man. I don't understand this kind of thing.

He means he hopes Souness' next heart attack comes when he's driving at high speed so he smashes into something and dies.  I think.

"We can spend relatively and above our weight"

That depends on where you see NUFC's starting point.  If  You see us as midtable, spending reletively would mean maintaining that position, spending above that weight might suggest we want to get to tenth or slightly above.

Absolutely no clrification whatsoever, total politician speak.

Right, just watched that interview, i expect more of the same next season and he is every selective in his words about investment.

He is to blame but he leaves Charnley and everyone else a budget to work from and they have to use that wisely.  So more of the same next season.

He is never leaving as we wont ever be near the cups as we have been told we cant compete int hem and we will never be near top 5 with a limited budget and sports direct sponsorship monoplising all the advertising space.

I suspect Bishop has said you have to do an interview and so many fans are jacking it in, you need to get outthere and say stuff about winnng things and investment otheriwse the whole thing will fall apart.

The proof is in the pudding, actions are stronger than words, monkeys only climb trees with brances...

aye you have to take that with a pinch of salt like, the whole thing

it was funny as he was talking like they'd made achieved some internal financial goal and could now start running things better on the pitch which was a weird way for him to approach the interview as he's got nowhere else to go now really has he?

I mean, howay, after the years he's been here and what's happened to the club in that time you'd be an absolute fucking moron to swallow this shit from him and think he's a changed man now. Of course he's going to 'invest', he'd be mad not to given people know there is £34m in the bank and we've avoided going down by the bones of our arse.

It's highly probably that Bishops told him to do this to try and save face because a large number of fans are willing to sack off buying tickets, shirts and all that jazz to ultimately line his pockets, not least looking like a further questionable target for new or improved sponsorship. Couple that with his asset nearly falling off the gravy train and parting with an obscene amount of TV money:

This incredible sum of money means the club that finishes bottom of the Premier League in the 2016-17 season will pocket £99m.

The champions will earn more than £150m in prize money and that is before additional fees are paid to clubs who stage more TV matches than others.

means he basically has no choice given how close we've come, again, to dropping down and losing a ton. Personally I'd expect to see a high player turnover and cashing assets in, with a net spend of something ridiculous like £5m when all is said and done at the end of summer. A new team, a fresh gamble, same old shit dressed up in new clothes.

For what it's worth, I highly doubt this appearance would have happened if it wasn't for the Ashleyout campaign and the pressure that's been put on him over the last 5 months either. You may not agree with everything they do (a couple of things I personally don't either) but there's no way he'd be quivering in front of a camera trying to justify where things have gone wrong if there were no boycotts, slumped ticket sales or a national awaking to the absolute dogs breakfast he's made of club ownership up here.

aye you have to take that with a pinch of salt like, the whole thing

it was funny as he was talking like they'd made achieved some internal financial goal and could now start running things better on the pitch which was a weird way for him to approach the interview as he's got nowhere else to go now really has he?

I dont think he has, saying we can now move forward all the while knowing there is a 135 million interst free loan parked in the club finances and Sprts Direct owning all the advertising space.

This was purely a "please buy a season ticket"

Nobody will fall for his shite, surely.

If he had any intention of really investing and actually trying to compete he'd go out there and find a quality young manager from the continent who plays good football and hand them a rapeload of money to build a team.

But he'll appoint Carver or McClaren.

"We've got the cart, now we need to bolt the horse on"

Howay then, let's sign Bale this summer

Get Klopp. Remi Garde as assistant just to be safe.

Then Lacazette, Reus, Ayew, Hummels, Otamendi, and 5 more of a simialr standard and then the horse will be firmly on. Can't wait me, that interview has totally got me back onside.

What's not to understand?

Wishing death on an ex-manager for talking about us on tv?

He's a fucking horrible cunt who ruined NUFC and is now blaming the fans for our current predicament while praising Ashley. I hope his life finishes in a ball of fire, tonight.

Nobody will fall for his s****, surely.

If he had any intention of really investing and actually trying to compete he'd go out there and find a quality young manager from the continent who plays good football and hand them a rapeload of money to build a team.

But he'll appoint Carver or McClaren.

They will and they have, already had people at work say "looking forward to the summer to see what he does" - numpties

What's not to understand?

Wishing death on an ex-manager for talking about us on tv?

He's a f***ing horrible c*** who ruined NUFC and is now blaming the fans for our current predicament while praising Ashley. I hope his life finishes in a ball of fire, tonight.

I must admit, Souness being off'd by a fireball from th sky sould be pretty funny.