Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I can't help but feeling a tiny bit of hope in me now. We all know it'll not end up amounting to anything but....I can't help but think "what if" now. Proof is in the pudding and all of those other cliches, so we shall see.

Guest Howaythetoon

Regardless he has made a rod for his own back, he needs to deliver or the ante will be upped.

Regardless he has made a rod for his own back, he needs to deliver or the ante will be upped.

Not really.  They will act like this PR guff didn't exist in a few months.

like an abused spouse I want to believe he will change but so far the evidence points to it all being none identified, none goal setting, none committal and just alot of paraphrasing nonsense. The only positive which many have already picked up on he is obviously rattled or his team is he barely speaks and when he does it is always around a crisis point just have to wonder whats the point as we all know deep down nothing will change or the change will be so slight 99% will be the same and when wholesale changes are needed its the fans once again left disappointed. 

never trust a man that cannot maintain eye contact alot of that interview he spent looking off to the far right or up in the air while I appreciate he isnt a public speaker this just reminded me of a televised version of that Charnley did with the chronicle spoon fed rhetoric from someone who has shown nothing but the exact opposite of what has being peddled.

Yes, every question seemed like it was scripted and Ashley knew what was going to be asked. The answers were similarly scripted and he sounded like a man trying to remember his lines at times rather than a man speaking freely and honestly.

I'd love him to change his behaviour with us, but I'm only interested in actions, not words.

never trust a man that cannot maintain eye contact alot of that interview he spent looking off to the far right or up in the air while I appreciate he isnt a public speaker this just reminded me of a televised version of that Charnley did with the chronicle spoon fed rhetoric from someone who has shown nothing but the exact opposite of what has being peddled.

I'm not wanting to back Ashley here at all because I believe he's all smoke and mirrors, however what you have said is bullshit. Looking someone in the eye is often a major sign of lying. Looking up (either to the left or right depending on which hand you right with) is a signal of either recalling information or fabricating information.

The interview did seem staged and very contrived. Craig hardly asked any pressing questions, but Ashley would never allow that anyway.

Exactly, I mean he was asked where would the club if you hadn't put money into the club which is the sort thing the southern press just spout every now and then along with the be careful what you wish for nonsense.

I'm not wanting to back Ashley here at all because I believe he's all smoke and mirrors, however what you have said is bullshit. Looking someone in the eye is often a major sign of lying. Looking up (either to the left or right depending on which hand you right with) is a signal of either recalling information or fabricating information.

:ben:

based on the owners actions from day one and your insight into public speaking  I chose to believe the fabricating information option

Were you glad going to a nil nil draw?

So he's taken to publicaly lying about his intentions now. He really is shameless. He'd have to spend 50m or so just to make us mid table. Sounds loads but it's peanuts to him and he's hardly invested in the side for the last 3 seasons. He could spend 150m and again it would be peanuts to him but it would be a more realistic figure given the TV money.

He's clearly rattled but he's going to try and fool us by spending as little as possible to be mid table and claim that we've given it a go.

The shit he spouted about wanting to win something was embarrassing.

Were you glad going to a nil nil draw?

I'm glad we stayed up, thats all that matters.

I made a decision to go there because in my view I didn't think we would do enough to keep ourselves up and that this game was the game that it would come down too. A lot of people thought the same, that it would come down the Hull match instead.

:lol: Here we gan...

It's write, btw.

What a crock of shite from Ashley.

Charnley needs sacking, Carver and his lackeys need to be sacked right now.

Put in a Football man in Charnley's place and employ a quality manager with a huge war chest then maybe we'll believe you, you fucking pulsating grub.

Someone's been watching Lie to Me. O0