Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest strongbow69

APOLOGIES first an foremost  but anyone who thinks this club and this owner has had a massive sea change in direction is fooling themselves, same shit another year, maybe 11th and maybe the year after we can kick on, bollocks

burn to the ground because my heart isnt their now

Haha. This tired old chestnut. "I've made mistakes, but this time... this time... if you buy season tickets, I promise I can change once your money is locked in and non-refundable"

Maybe he was visited by three ghosts last night who showed him the error of his ways. Mike's had an Ebenezer Scrooge like epiphany.

yeah or he was worried abot £100m TV money.

Despite the numerous blunders, I've never completely lost faith in this guy. He's not made a statement like this before, so let's see what happens in the next few weeks. It's not as though there's an alternative.

This has been the most horrible few months of supporting my club that I can remember. It felt like total self-destruct. I hope this interview will at least draw a temporary line under this, until we see what he delivers. That may be hoping for too much though.

The only way this post can ever become anything but the thoughts of a mad man is if he sacks Carver (or demotes) in the next 24 hours and starts looking for someone worth their salt, and this person demands (rightly so) a real wage. IF, and its a massive if, then his comments may have some meaning, however it doesn't stop there, he needs to move quick and pay for players, not just hope a decent one falls in his lap for peanuts or use the Sissoko, cisse and Tiote money...and that laddy is where it all comes falling down around your knees.

The stupid fucker should be ashamed what his penny pinching has reduced us to, however in the end of the day he probably wanked one out over the whole buzz off the gamble he took, and unfortunately won.

He's a cunt, he doesn't learn lessons, he has no humility, is one track minded...he's barely fucking human FFS. So if its for bites then fair play, but if you actually believe in what you say then you are as backward and moronic as a fully fledged ginger ISIS member.

Guest Howaythetoon

Deconstructing his interview he clearly wants fans to believe that he's just the money man, it's others who appoint managers/sign players and that he wants us to win something/aim for the CL. It's a PR stunt aimed at AO to lay off him. He will appoint Carver or some other nothing manager, we will lose Sissoko and another 'purple' maybe, and we will sign a raft of players using money already banked. Only the fools and the mugs will buy into it. Shame on them if they do. A total boycott of the club is needed.

Want to turn this club around? Sack the shower of shite in charge of running the club, hire a good manager, give a decent sized budget for new players and put the emphasis on playing decent football, aiming for Europe and to try and win a Cup. Do that and AO and all the crap negativity around the club will disappear, then you can attend every game Mike and get on with what you enjoy and do best, making money.

Keep on keeping on and things will come to a head, hopefully yours Mike, on a fucking plate.

Watched the game at a mates sound was off prematch genuine WTF moment when I saw him on the screen being interviewed. Let across room to turn sound up. Genuinely rattled? Will revert to type now safe presumably.

Evident that they thought we were comfortable in January and shit themselves a couple of weeks ago when relegation looked real.

Quite whether he sees this as his strategy being flawed remains to be seen.....

Guest Howaythetoon

Punching above our weight would be challenging for the title given that before he took over we were regularly involved in Euopean footy and signing top players, paying top prices and top wages. I wish someone would punch him above his weight.

Punching above our weight would be challenging for the title given that before he took over we were regularly involved in Euopean footy and signing top players, paying top prices and top wages. I wish someone would punch him above his weight.

That ship set sail long ago my friend.

7th richest club in the league. Punching above our weight implies finishing 6th or higher. Get a proper manager and coaching team and give them two years to punch our weight before we aim higher. Like the idea of trying to win cups in the interim though.

If he's actually serious, and I don't believe a word he says, then both Charnley and Carver will be both peddled tomorrow morning. The best money he could spend would be on appointing a very good manager and allowing him to bring his own backroom team in.

If he somehow managed task 1 then task 2 is to shift the shite out to whoever is daft enough to sign them and spend significant amounts of money on all areas. We're about 12+ players short of being in a position to have a pop at the likes of Everton and Southampton etc. Failure to do these things (let's be honest, he's not going to part with much is he?) will mean another struggle to stay up. rinse and repeat until we drop. Any fucker can give it the big one in a 5 minute interview, it means nothing without actions. 

If he's actually serious, and I don't believe a word he says, then both Charnley and Carver will be both peddled tomorrow morning. The best money he could spend would be on appointing a very good manager and allowing him to bring his own backroom team in.

If he somehow managed task 1 then task 2 is to shift the shite out to whoever is daft enough to sign them and spend significant amounts of money on all areas. We're about 12+ players short of being in a position to have a pop at the likes of Everton and Southampton etc. Failure to do these things (let's be honest, he's not going to part with much is he?) will mean another struggle to stay up. rinse and repeat until we drop. Any fucker can give it the big one in a 5 minute interview, it means nothing without actions.

No chance of him firing the person who's job it is to hire the new manager, it's just not going to happen.

We may see a manager appointed who isn't Carver and we will see the likes of sissoko move on. The spending will be more to keep us in the league than to push us forward however.

Despite the numerous blunders, I've never completely lost faith in this guy.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How've you got the f***ing nerve to post that, man.

:lol:

If he somehow managed task 1 then task 2 is to shift the s**** out to whoever is daft enough to sign them and spend significant amounts of money on all areas. We're about 12+ players short of being in a position to have a pop at the likes of Everton and Southampton etc. Failure to do these things (let's be honest, he's not going to part with much is he?) will mean another struggle to stay up. rinse and repeat until we drop. Any f***er can give it the big one in a 5 minute interview, it means nothing without actions. 

:clap:

I'm amazed that anyone is giving his words any credence whatsoever.

Fuck me. See when your missus/husband/significant other says they won't cheat on you again, won't have yet another affair. That it was all a mistake and they are sorry...and it's the fourth, fifth or sixth time.

Time to get real.