Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Unreal.

Saw the mackem game was on Sky1 so switched over and there was fat Mike doing an interview!!!

After 8 years of silence to all media, he must be Sh***ing himself about today and the protests planned.

Souness afterwards though...... saying the club needs to stick witj a manager for 5 years... forgetting he was peddled as his record was pathetic.

Pardew got 4 years, FFS!!

I'd like to think that maybe he's seen the light. AO.com seems to have had the desired effect at any rate and he has responded.

Whether he's on his way, or decides to go back to how he was when he first joined and want us to do well I don't really mind.

If it's a genuine change of pace and he wants us to do well again, can we wish for worse than a English billionaire?

If it's a new tactic, and same old s***, fair enough. But if we stay up and we do invest in the summer and we do try to hire a good manager then lets see how it goes. If not, all bets are off and the knives will be sharpened.

I'd like to think that maybe he's seen the light. AO.com seems to have had the desired effect at any rate and he has responded.

Whether he's on his way, or decides to go back to how he was when he first joined and want us to do well I don't really mind.

If it's a genuine change of pace and he wants us to do well again, can we wish for worse than a English billionaire?

If it's a new tactic, and same old s***, fair enough. But if we stay up and we do invest in the summer and we do try to hire a good manager then lets see how it goes. If not, all bets are off and the knives will be sharpened.

I don't know how you can even entertain believing one word of it.

:crazy2:

You don't for one moment give any of the shit he spouted credence, please tell me you don't...

Guest axel

Anyone who believes this is thick as fuck.  This isnt a disney fairytale, a 50 year old billionaire who has made his money on being a cheap psychopath isnt suddenly going to change his ways.

:crazy2:

You don't for one moment give any of the s*** he spouted credence, please tell me you don't...

I know better than most the history Mike Ashley has with this club having written an article for themag.co.uk about how he has completely taken us to the cleaners.

What cannot be denied is that:

a) He's emotional and is easily persuaded by those around him that he trusts

b) He cares more for his brand (SD) than he does for the club

c) Initially he wanted to do it the 'right' way - bring in Keegan, bring in Shearer, spend some money

d) After the relegation following the tribunal findings, he's had it in for the club and the fans and has milked us for every penny

He has NEVER come out and spoken to the fans directly, this is a change in approach and character.

What I said was that this COULD be an indication in change of his overall approach to the running of this club, or simply a new tactic to string people along further. People shouldn't disregard this interview out of hand, it's completely unprecedented by Mike Ashley's standards and it's new ground we're on now, where he's actually opened a dialogue with the fans directly via the media.

So either he's decided we've 'served our punishment' post-Keegangate tribunal, or that the old cloak and dagger is not working as the AO.com is gaining more support than the dimwits who lap up the Sports Direct FC that has been servered up for the past 8 years and is changing his strategy of attack.

I'd LIKEto think it's the former, nothing wrong with that.

Also worrying when he stated that "Lee Charnley and the 'football board' are responsible for choosing/appointing the next manager".

Had hoped charnley would be clearing his office after today.  :undecided:

Also worrying when he stated that "Lee Charnley and the 'football board' are responsible for choosing/appointing the next manager".

Had hoped charnley would be clearing his office after today.  :undecided:

Placed the hiring of Pardew squarely on Llambias shoulders too. No surprises there then.

Guest chopey

He passes the buck to charnley  superbly " hey I just put the money in !!! those daft bastards run the club "

Guest zicomartin

Thats just Ashley and Charnley currently then... :)