Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd like Ashley to stay. I reckon he's determined to make nufc successful.

He's all about keeping costs down and making sure it gives him as few headaches as possible, especially financially. Sports Direct is his real baby and the thing he is really determined to make a success off, not the club. He cares little for NUFC other than to make sure it doesn't keep costing him money hence all these new signings, as going down would cost HIM money. NUFC is an expensive mistake on his behalf that he will use to promote SD as much as possible and run with the aim of staying up with anything above and beyond that a bonus. If someone come in tomorrow and gave him his money back, he'd snap their hands off, they could be Nigerian scammers or Hitler reincarnated, he wouldn't care. And to top all that off, the man doesn't have a fucking clue about football whatsoever and neither does his MD. He got extremely lucky with Hughton and now Carr who for me, along with the fans, are responsible for our recent 'fortunes' if you like. Hughton for taking us up and consolidating us, Carr for his work in identifying players and the fans of course for putting our money into the club to such an extent we can afford the fees and wages of all these players signed.

I cannot stand the c*** personally. The way he treated two greats in Keegan and Shearer, oversaw relegation, renamed the f***ing stadium, cut away allocations, removed the singing section and even the sacking of Hughton,  means he will never ever get any respect from me. Woop de f***ing doo, we bought some players in January/didn't sell Cabaye or whoever. Woop de f***ing doo he has us financially secure. Err, that's his f***ing job, that's his responsibility. I'll cheer the day he leaves as I would a win, he has been nothing short of a f***ing disaster for us regardless of the team we have out now or last season's 5th placed finish. We have had better sides before and finished higher before but without messing with absolute legends, getting relegated and all the other crap that has followed like renaming the stadium and all the tacky rebranding inside and outside of the ground. Oh and he's still a fat cunt.

Not denying that the treatment of Keegan was shocking - but lets not kid ourselves that any other owners haven't shat all over club ledgends. SJH, his son and Mr Shepherd for example pretty much forced KK out with the floatation, sacked SBR in the worst possible way and who can forget Poppins gate?

I don't think parallels with past tenure's counts as a reason to dislike Ashley any less.

He's all about keeping costs down and making sure it gives him as few headaches as possible, especially financially. Sports Direct is his real baby and the thing he is really determined to make a success off, not the club. He cares little for NUFC other than to make sure it doesn't keep costing him money hence all these new signings, as going down would cost HIM money. NUFC is an expensive mistake on his behalf that he will use to promote SD as much as possible and run with the aim of staying up with anything above and beyond that a bonus. If someone come in tomorrow and gave him his money back, he'd snap their hands off, they could be Nigerian scammers or Hitler reincarnated, he wouldn't care. And to top all that off, the man doesn't have a fucking clue about football whatsoever and neither does his MD. He got extremely lucky with Hughton and now Carr who for me, along with the fans, are responsible for our recent 'fortunes' if you like. Hughton for taking us up and consolidating us, Carr for his work in identifying players and the fans of course for putting our money into the club to such an extent we can afford the fees and wages of all these players signed.

Much like Sir John Hall.

I cannot stand the c*** personally. The way he treated two greats in Keegan and Shearer, oversaw relegation, renamed the f***ing stadium, cut away allocations, removed the singing section and even the sacking of Hughton,  means he will never ever get any respect from me. Woop de f***ing doo, we bought some players in January/didn't sell Cabaye or whoever. Woop de f***ing doo he has us financially secure. Err, that's his f***ing job, that's his responsibility. I'll cheer the day he leaves as I would a win, he has been nothing short of a f***ing disaster for us regardless of the team we have out now or last season's 5th placed finish. We have had better sides before and finished higher before but without messing with absolute legends, getting relegated and all the other crap that has followed like renaming the stadium and all the tacky rebranding inside and outside of the ground. Oh and he's still a fat c***.

Not denying that the treatment of Keegan was shocking - but lets not kid ourselves that any other owners haven't shat all over club ledgends. SJH, his son and Mr Shepherd for example pretty much forced KK out with the floatation, sacked SBR in the worst possible way and who can forget Poppins gate?

Inconvenient truths, Ashley not matter what happens will never be accepted by some due to the Kk man love factor.

The Man Love for KK is justified mind, he's a huge part of why we're where we are as a club now.

I just find it irrational that most things people hate Ashley for are replicated across the entire football world and would be replicated by anyone who came in and bought the man out

Guest Howaythetoon

I cannot stand the c*** personally. The way he treated two greats in Keegan and Shearer, oversaw relegation, renamed the f***ing stadium, cut away allocations, removed the singing section and even the sacking of Hughton,  means he will never ever get any respect from me. Woop de f***ing doo, we bought some players in January/didn't sell Cabaye or whoever. Woop de f***ing doo he has us financially secure. Err, that's his f***ing job, that's his responsibility. I'll cheer the day he leaves as I would a win, he has been nothing short of a f***ing disaster for us regardless of the team we have out now or last season's 5th placed finish. We have had better sides before and finished higher before but without messing with absolute legends, getting relegated and all the other crap that has followed like renaming the stadium and all the tacky rebranding inside and outside of the ground. Oh and he's still a fat c***.

KK was not 'pretty much forced out', he disagreed with the way in which the club was heading and resigned of his own accord. He was forced to resign under Ashley though because key decisions were being made behind his back. He was lied to constantly as well and that's not even mentioning how shitty he was treat as a person. All massively different to how he was treat under SJH and co.

I'll grant you the treatment of Sir Bobby and the whole 'Mary Poppins' carry on but most fans hated FS and couldn't stand him anyway.

Lets face it, KK and Shearer and even Hughton were all treated disgracefully by Ashley and co. The former two are NUFC legends and Hughton took us up in very difficult circumstances at the first time of asking when many, fans included, had tipped us for either a further relegation or eternal residence down in the Championship.

Guest Howaythetoon

Inconvenient truths, Ashley not matter what happens will never be accepted by some due to the Kk man love factor.

:lol: "KK man love factor" man, have a word, you sound like some kind of school kid with that kind of patter.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's all about keeping costs down and making sure it gives him as few headaches as possible, especially financially. Sports Direct is his real baby and the thing he is really determined to make a success off, not the club. He cares little for NUFC other than to make sure it doesn't keep costing him money hence all these new signings, as going down would cost HIM money. NUFC is an expensive mistake on his behalf that he will use to promote SD as much as possible and run with the aim of staying up with anything above and beyond that a bonus. If someone come in tomorrow and gave him his money back, he'd snap their hands off, they could be Nigerian scammers or Hitler reincarnated, he wouldn't care. And to top all that off, the man doesn't have a f***ing clue about football whatsoever and neither does his MD. He got extremely lucky with Hughton and now Carr who for me, along with the fans, are responsible for our recent 'fortunes' if you like. Hughton for taking us up and consolidating us, Carr for his work in identifying players and the fans of course for putting our money into the club to such an extent we can afford the fees and wages of all these players signed.

Much like Sir John Hall.

Big difference is SJH actually did some good, some real good. That and he was honest from the off in that he always said it was an investment but one that he would manage like everything else he did, with success. And you just know he is saddened how things turned out. Unlike his fuckwit of a son....

KK was not 'pretty much forced out', he disagreed with the way in which the club was heading and resigned of his own accord. He was forced to resign under Ashley though because key decisions were being made behind his back. He was lied to constantly as well and that's not even mentioning how shitty he was treat as a person. All massively different to how he was treat under SJH and co.

I'll grant you the treatment of Sir Bobby and the whole 'Mary Poppins' carry on but most fans hated FS and couldn't stand him anyway.

Lets face it, KK and Shearer and even Hughton were all treated disgracefully by Ashley and co. The former two are NUFC legends and Hughton took us up in very difficult circumstances at the first time of asking when many, fans included, had tipped us for either a further relegation or eternal residence down in the Championship.

keegan and shearer were both club legends, both have massive questions hanging over them about being managers and keegan knew full well how the game works, ask ray wilkins when at fulham, i guess thats why they haven't managed a club since leaving here. you're right about keegan disagreeing with the way the club were headed as it meant he couldn't spend as he wanted anymore.

Guest Howaythetoon

The Man Love for KK is justified mind, he's a huge part of why we're where we are as a club now.

I just find it irrational that most things people hate Ashley for are replicated across the entire football world and would be replicated by anyone who came in and bought the man out

People hate Ashley because he relegated us, he treated KK and Shearer like shit. He lied to fans. He cut our away allocation. He removed the singing section. He sacked Hughton. He renamed the stadium. He rebranded the stadium. He has never once communicated with fans personally other than having a few pints with a bar full of fans or that cringeworthy lip on type press release after the Hull match. Furthermore, and this is a big one, people can see right through him, that he hasn't a clue about football. He has damaged our club beyond repair in many eyes. Unless we go onto have some incredible history defining success the annals of our club's history under Ashley will always read as a bad episode.

Guest Howaythetoon

keegan and shearer were both club legends, both have massive questions hanging over them about being managers and keegan knew full well how the game works, ask ray wilkins when at fulham, i guess thats why they haven't managed a club since leaving here. you're right about keegan disagreeing with the way the club were headed as it meant he couldn't spend as he wanted anymore.

Fuck me are you not sore from that splinter?! Not even playing your game can't be arsed.

I don't like Ashley and I didn't like Shepard either. However, regardless of what has gone, I actually think Mike Ashley is on the verge of getting it right.

The clubs on a steady financial footing, we are bringing a high calibre of player and a lot of the lost fans from our relegation seem to have returned/been replaced.

All this talk of "models" when Ashley took over was sicking but it does seem as though Ashley has some sort of plan, which has been a long time coming. That said there's always a beartrap around the corner. A player sale, a stadium name, a dodgy sponsor.

There is a fairly big question mark and contract over the current manager. Does he stick or twist? Does he have the awareness to spot tactical flaws? Time will tell but I feel it will define the Ashley era.

With a continental class manager to go with the players, that elusive trophy would be achievable IMO.

I don't like Ashley and I didn't like Shepard either. However, regardless of what has gone, I actually think Mike Ashley is on the verge of getting it right.

The clubs on a steady financial footing, we are bringing a high calibre of player and a lot of the lost fans from our relegation seem to have returned/been replaced.

All this talk of "models" when Ashley took over was sicking but it does seem as though Ashley has some sort of plan, which has been a long time coming. That said there's always a beartrap around the corner. A player sale, a stadium name, a dodgy sponsor.

There is a fairly big question mark and contract over the current manager. Does he stick or twist? Does he have the awareness to spot tactical flaws? Time will tell but I feel it will define the Ashley era.

With a continental class manager to go with the players, that elusive trophy would be achievable IMO.

This. Though I'm willing to give Pardew more time before calling for his head.

Guest Howaythetoon

What, the 'disagreeing with HTT' game?

No, the Madras game. If it were me arguing exactly what Madras is saying, he'd find something to counter it, probably what I'm saying. The man doesn't seem to have an opinion on anything these days, he just fence sits.

What, the 'disagreeing with HTT' game?

No, the Madras game. If it were me arguing exactly what Madras is saying, he'd find something to counter it, probably what I'm saying. The man doesn't seem to have an opinion on anything these days, he just fence sits.

my opinion on keegan is as it was then. i admit to being like that (fence sitting) on pardew at the minute, if it were my choice i'd have let him go after reading, now i'm not so sure and will probably flop this way and that till the end of the season.

nice to see i'm now a fence sitter on the ashley thing as i'm normally accused of being an ashley apologist.

Guest tollemache

Looks like he has an opinion to me...

Anyway. Losing a popularity contest with KK was one of the worst things that happened to Mike Ashley, and allowing it to happen was a huge mistake. You can see that a lot of the fans are yet to forgive him despite him doing a really good job for quite a long time now. With any luck he can pull the image problem round - and I suspect that a good 2013/14 would more or less do the job.

Dave, despite having no long term faith in Pardew, I wouldn't sack him. Its all about timing.

Ok, Pards might prove me wrong again and get the team playing but I feel he's going to be a step in the Ashley plan.

I don't buy this "who would want to manage us" crap, but I do worry about potentially replacing Pardew. There's no manager out there that really inspires me.  Who's "getable" anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

Anyway. Losing a popularity contest with KK was one of the worst things that happened to Mike Ashley, and allowing it to happen was a huge mistake. You can see that a lot of the fans are yet to forgive him despite him doing a really good job for quite a long time now. With any luck he can pull the image problem round - and I suspect that a good 2013/14 would more or less do the job.

It wasn't even a popularity contest. All fans could see was a huge up turn in how the team were playing and how well we had started the season. To undermine the man responsible for all of that over some obscure agents, foreign imports and Dennis fucking Wise showed a complete and utter lack of football nous and indeed fucking brains. If it were Pardew and not KK fans would have kicked off all the same, although obviously not so strongly. Even today I cannot comprehend the stupidity of it all. KK in charge of this squad of players would almost certainly have us aiming for the top 4 very strongly and playing top quality football.

But they thought in their wisdom, the opinion of agents and Dennis Wise was more worthy than the man who they actually appointed to bring back the good times, times that many a fan could see around the corner... until these cunts brought it to a crashing end.

It wasn't even a popularity contest. All fans could see was a huge up turn in how the team were playing and how well we had started the season. To undermine the man responsible for all of that over some obscure agents, foreign imports and Dennis fucking Wise showed a complete and utter lack of football nous and indeed fucking brains. If it were Pardew and not KK fans would have kicked off all the same, although obviously not so strongly. Even today I cannot comprehend the stupidity of it all. KK in charge of this squad of players would almost certainly have us aiming for the top 4 very strongly and playing top quality football.

But they thought in their wisdom, the opinion of agents and Dennis Wise was more worthy than the man who they actually appointed to bring back the good times, times that many a fan could see around the corner... until these cunts brought it to a crashing end.

To listen to Dennis Wise over Keegan, a man who couldnt lace Keegans boots as a player or manager, was unforgiveable tbh.

It wasn't even a popularity contest. All fans could see was a huge up turn in how the team were playing and how well we had started the season. To undermine the man responsible for all of that over some obscure agents, foreign imports and Dennis f***ing Wise showed a complete and utter lack of football nous and indeed f***ing brains. If it were Pardew and not KK fans would have kicked off all the same, although obviously not so strongly. Even today I cannot comprehend the stupidity of it all. KK in charge of this squad of players would almost certainly have us aiming for the top 4 very strongly and playing top quality football.

But they thought in their wisdom, the opinion of agents and Dennis Wise was more worthy than the man who they actually appointed to bring back the good times, times that many a fan could see around the corner... until these c***s brought it to a crashing end.

i wonder why they didn't just let Keegan get who he wanted ? would've been easier really wouldn't it ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Btw apologies to Madras, that was a cheap dig. You do sit on the fence a lot and sometimes I can't tell whether what you are offering forward is your own opinion/slant on things or that you are just throwing things out for the sake of it but that's probably my own fault for reading it like that. You have always been a top poster in general for me so...  :smitten:  :thup:

For my own part, I find it hard to be un-emotional about all of this because KK is my absolute hero and again, I still cannot fathom why the powers that be went on the way they did with him. It has also been extremely frustrating to see many fans, on here and off-line turn against KK or lose their respect for him over this.

Honestly, NUFC will never see such genuine folk at the club as him. Same applies to Sir Bobby and Hughton, the 3 best managers and men we've had and ever will have at our club.

When KK came here as a player, he was so embarrassed by his pay packet which was based on gates (he didn't believe he would make that much of a difference) he donated a fair percentage of it to the juniors. Bear in mind, the club were only paying him the percentage, Newcastle Breweries were paying him his real wage. He also turned down Southampton, then a top-flight club, and Man Utd to sign for us in the lowly second division because his dad was NUFC daft (a Geordie btw).

When he came here as a manager, the club couldn't afford Terry Mac's wages so he paid them himself for several months. He also bought all the juniors etc. new boots, shin pads etc. and told SJH that if the club went down he would personally guarantee his money back and he would take the club over so it wouldn't go bust.

The man fucking loved this club like any of us does and he did so from the deep of his heart. The way those cunts treated him was a disgrace. For that alone, I could never ever forgive them.