Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chicken little

:lol: Textbook. A couple of good results, a few signings - Llambias is in the local paper and Ashley is in the local pub. Wonder if the lunchtime residents of the Strawberry have fallen for it.

to be fair, if he'd done the same a month ago some whopper would probably have given him the wireside treatment like  :lol: :lol:

:lol: Textbook. A couple of good results, a few signings - Llambias is in the local paper and Ashley is in the local pub. Wonder if the lunchtime residents of the Strawberry have fallen for it.

They're mainly annoyed by the pub being moved to outside White Hart Lane.

Read on twitter some guy was standing on a table singing "Get out of our club" to him. Then "Jelly and icecream when Ashley dies".

That'll do a lot of good for the cause. If true.

I can understand crticism of Ashley, but what exactly do those who want him "out of our club" aspire to ? 

Is it the once lauded Randy Lerner/ Aston Villa model, or do they still hold out hope for an NUST fan led thing ?

Read on twitter some guy was standing on a table singing "Get out of our club" to him. Then "Jelly and icecream when Ashley dies".

I can understand crticism of Ashley, but what exactly do those who want him "out of our club" aspire to ? 

Is it the once lauded Randy Lerner/ Aston Villa model, or do they still hold out hope for an NUST fan led thing ?

You will not get an answer to this.

Sometimes its better the devil you know.

Sometimes its better the devil you know.

:thup:

We slate Ashley and rightly so but Blackburn, QPR, Portsmouth etc..  :scared:

I think we have a good set up on the whole, just hoping they learn from things like the summer. It was good to read Llambias saying they had been too eager to stick to a certain approach which cost us.

So Ashley & Lambias were on the piss with Toon fans in The Antwerp Arms before the Spurs game, doubt we will ever see him jumping  around in the Gallowgate ever again but are the ill feelings towards him subsiding?

So Ashley & Lambias were on the piss with Toon fans in The Antwerp Arms before the Spurs game, doubt we will ever see him jumping  around in the Gallowgate ever again but are the ill feelings towards him subsiding?

I made peace with him after promotion. Other than renaming the stadium I don't think he has put a foot wrong. The vision for the club as a self sustainable entity is one I wholeheartedly agree with.

I made peace with him after promotion. Other than renaming the stadium I don't think he has put a foot wrong. The vision for the club as a self sustainable entity is one I wholeheartedly agree with.

This.

Maybe the harsh treatment of the club during the start of his tenure all of the way down to relegation was what we needed.  We were seen as a soft touch for players looking for one last pay-day and we still had, in some quarters, ridiculous expectation.

Relegation tempered this massively and the perspective and expectation in the fans has changed massively.  We have far more patience as a whole as fans now that we "know our lot"

This.

Maybe the harsh treatment of the club during the start of his tenure all of the way down to relegation was what we needed.  We were seen as a soft touch for players looking for one last pay-day and we still had, in some quarters, ridiculous expectation.

Relegation tempered this massively and the perspective and expectation in the fans has changed massively.  We have far more patience as a whole as fans now that we "know our lot"

I wish I could accept that, but it would be interesting to see how much patience there would still be if we hadn't done our mad January spending spree.

(Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with fans wanting signings)

I guess it's not that surprising. In football you rarely get the chance to work on the long term unless the immediate future is looking better as well... you have to look after them both.

I suppose we'd all like to think we're rational and can look at longer term objectives, but as football fans we're massively affected by week to week results and short term blips.

I guess it's not that surprising. In football you rarely get the chance to work on the long term unless the immediate future is looking better as well... you have to look after them both.

I suppose we'd all like to think we're rational and can look at longer term objectives, but as football fans we're massively affected by week to week results and short term blips.

Course. For example, really a sample of 5 or 6 seasons at least would be needed to judge a manager properly, but obviously that would never happen.

Course. For example, really a sample of 5 or 6 seasons at least would be needed to judge a manager properly, but obviously that would never happen.

It did with Moyes.

:troll: