Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

"Cheap cheap fashion at cheap cheap prices. Charvers come on down!"

Guess who wins again. He's now catering for the poverty stricken charv who just can't live with out his donnay trackies, and your more up market scumbag who just loves that Henleys...

profit to be made without really harming anyone. can't decide if I love or hate the snobbiness on this place.

I'm not being snobby, but Mike has his target market.

as does ferrari, whats the problem ?

Um, there's not one ???

Hmm, I don't think it's snobbery. Just refusal of s**** goods and services.

Bought a new light for my bike from SD last week as mine was knicked. £4 Dunlop one. My s***s after a curry with extra chilli's are more luminous.

Cheap tat, churned out en masse without any regards for the consumer. Hardly savvy business.

bought tracksuit bottoms from there a few years back, still wearing them. loads of cheap sweatshirts for girl 1 which are still good enough for girl 2. girl 1's air max's were cheaper there than anywhere else.

as everywhere else, you know what you get at that price but i certainly get the feeling many would pay more for identical stuff from more upmarket retailers. (or at least use the place but still have a go at it)

I think it's great for what it is, at the larger stores they cater for almost all major sports and at a good price. For me it's similar to Argos in many respects as you can get all sorts of things at a cheap price whilst at the same time being able to pay more for better quality. I did boycott Sports Direct for a while but then I just couldn't be bothered anymore.......

I have seen a few Sports Direct shops in Malaysia, be interesting how it does over there.

Bought a new light for my bike from SD last week as mine was knicked. £4 Dunlop one. My s***s after a curry with extra chilli's are more luminous.

Cheap tat, churned out en masse without any regards for the consumer. Hardly savvy business.

He got you to give him your money and has just cashed in to the tune of £100m as well as £125m profits this year.  That's not savvy business?

He got you to give him your money and has just cashed in to the tune of £100m as well as £125m profits this year.  That's not savvy business?

You know what I mean. Am I going to buy anything from there again after that? Maybe trainers at a push, but that'll be it. There's only so often you can rely on new custom.

Aye, Ashley fluked his way to a billion. I remember some saying Fernandes was a better business man.

:lol: Some Marseille fan was telling me that Fernandes is smart he's spending money Ashley isn't and they will stay up  :laugh: ( obviously before we bought Sissoko etc etc)

The look on my face when he drove us to victory against Chelsea on his home debut and QPR continuing to struggle was even more smug than usual.

You know what I mean. Am I going to buy anything from there again after that? Maybe trainers at a push, but that'll be it. There's only so often you can rely on new custom.

if i bought a lamp for my bike for £4 (mind you the most i'll pay is a tenner, more for a rear light mind) from harrods i'd still think "it's a £4 lamp, it's not going to be great".

if i bought a lamp for my bike for £4 (mind you the most i'll pay is a tenner, more for a rear light mind) from harrods i'd still think "it's a £4 lamp, it's not going to be great".

I mustn't have put across just how shit it was. The batteries didn't even fit in the slots properly. It looked like it was powered by a mouse blowing in to it. It was literally useless.

Peter Beardsley believes that Newcastle United are "going places" under Mike Ashley.

Peter Beardsley: "The club is in a good place. The owner is different class.

"He has taken a lot of stick unfairly, but he's different class.

"What he's done to this club is incredible.

"I can't speak highly enough of him.

"I don't see him often - only on match days - but what he's done is great and so is what he's going to do. He's been fantastic.

"This is a special place. When you look at this city you can see that.

"I've just been over to Russia and the people over there are desperate to come over here for the second leg,  which is great because it is a special place."

- pulled off one of those fans sites that comes up on newsnow.

He must do something right to make that sort of money and business wise we must be the best run in the league (or one of). Considering where we were under freddy

I am fucking staggered that this post went unchallenged for so many many. Seriously, so, so, so many many, days.

You're slipping people.

He must do something right to make that sort of money and business wise we must be the best run in the league (or one of). Considering where we were under freddy

I am f***ing staggered that this post went unchallenged for so many many. Seriously, so, so, so many many, days.

You're slipping people.

Don't see much wrong with it tbh.  The club is in a much healthier shape financially than it was before MA arrived and he should get the credit for that.

They are still making mistakes but we have settled down a lot more now and have improved the team along the way (Albeit at wrong times which they have accepted was wrong). I'm actually not to bothered about him and Dekka now as we are financially stable, have signed decent players and are looking at academy.

Sports Direct in town are supposed to be moving into the Old Peacocks units on Northumberland street/Monument Mall.

Northumberland Street is now becoming Clayton Street.

Grim.

Guest neesy111

Sports Direct in town are supposed to be moving into the Old Peacocks units on Northumberland street/Monument Mall.

Tbf, they already had a unit in there when they took over JJB.