Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Is there a reason they hate him other than him buying shares?

Basically all the problems we've had in the past with him. Plus, think he was wanting to rename the stadium.

Tbh, the problems they have, they should jump at the chance of having a rich owner (or at least someone willing to stabilise the club, even if not having massive financial input).

Dunno when it was from, hadn't seen it at the time.

To answer my own question it was at a reserve game on the 19th, Rangers hadn't played for a while so assumed it was going to be a Giggs.

From Facebook and Rangers forums seems most fans are pissed off about the banner.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21585456

Mike Ashley sells £100m stake in Sports Direct

Mike Ashley has sold a 4% chunk of his stake in the retailer he founded, Sports Direct, for £100m.

Mr Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United football club, sold 25 million shares. He has a 64% majority stake left in the company.

The sale took traders by surprise and shares in the company fell 7% after news of the trade emerged.

Sports Direct, which now has almost 400 UK outlets, has seen its shares rise more than 40% over the past year.

The company also owns Lillywhites stores as well as brands including Slazenger, Dunlop and Lonsdale. In October, Sports Direct bought 20 stores, and all stock, from the administrators of one-time rival JJB Sports.

There has been speculation that Mr Ashley may be interested in making a bid for House of Fraser or the collapsed retailer Republic.

But retail analyst Nick Bubb said "[Mr Ashley] doesn't need the money and if he was intending to bid for retail assets, he would do that through Sports Direct".

He added: "I think he's doing it to improve liquidity in the stock", meaning that there will be more shares in wider circulation to make buying and selling them easier.

In December, Sports Direct reported a pre-tax profit of £125m for the six months to 28 October, a new high for the company, and up from £100m a year earlier.

The Times ran an article saying he intends to invest the money in the club rather than in another business venture! In the business section by the way

Can't see it myself, but good news if it happened.

...though it goes without saying that I'd feel a certain degree of sympathy for the committed folk who said they'd give up supporting the club until he left. Must be torture.

"Cheap cheap fashion at cheap cheap prices. Charvers come on down!"

Guess who wins again. He's now catering for the poverty stricken charv who just can't live with out his donnay trackies, and your more up market scumbag who just loves that Henleys...

profit to be made without really harming anyone. can't decide if I love or hate the snobbiness on this place.

Guest neesy111

Guess who wins again. He's now catering for the poverty stricken charv who just can't live with out his donnay trackies, and your more up market scumbag who just loves that Henleys...

profit to be made without really harming anyone. can't decide if I love or hate the snobbiness on this place.

That's if he turns them around.

Hmm, I don't think it's snobbery. Just refusal of s**** goods and services.

Bought a new light for my bike from SD last week as mine was knicked. £4 Dunlop one. My s***s after a curry with extra chilli's are more luminous.

Cheap tat, churned out en masse without any regards for the consumer. Hardly savvy business.

bought tracksuit bottoms from there a few years back, still wearing them. loads of cheap sweatshirts for girl 1 which are still good enough for girl 2. girl 1's air max's were cheaper there than anywhere else.

as everywhere else, you know what you get at that price but i certainly get the feeling many would pay more for identical stuff from more upmarket retailers. (or at least use the place but still have a go at it)

I'm not being snobby, but Mike has his target market.

I'm not being snobby, but Mike has his target market.

as does ferrari, whats the problem ?