Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Could be Lee Charnley.

This is the first image I get when I google for "Lee Charnley Newcastle United":

http://nothingbutnewcastle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Leilani-Dowding-black.jpg

Suddenly I understand why all these Frenchies were so desperate to put pen to paper.. :lol:

:drool: Clever strategy by Ashley

Guest bimpy474

Same guy? Without the glasses and a different jacket outdoors? Doesn't really matter though :lol:

True, could be the same bloke like, must have changed his head before the next picture was taken i suppose.

Same guy? Without the glasses and a different jacket outdoors? Doesn't really matter though :lol:

True, could be the same bloke like, must have changed his head before the next picture was taken i suppose.

That must be it.

Guest bimpy474

That must be it.

Aye :lol:

Well he didn't, so it's completely irrelevant.

Are you saying Ashley hasn't put any money into these deals? If so are you sure about that?

“Financially, we did our business – that’s us done,” added Pardew.

“You know how we work here. It’s not like we are QPR, where the owner is putting in his own money.

“That’s going on. But they don’t look viable, some of the deals they are doing. We’re viable – that’s what we do.”

:thup: would have been amazed if they had suddenly backtracked on the self-sufficiency message they've been preaching for the past 4/5 years for the sake of 6mths. If that was the case, they could have matched QPR for Remy.

:thup: would have been amazed if they had suddenly backtracked on the self-sufficiency message they've been preaching for the past 4/5 years for the sake of 6mths. If that was the case, they could have matched QPR for Remy.

They could have done, but then the next club/person would have wanted more, then the next, then the next. It's a slippery slope.

Well he didn't, so it's completely irrelevant.

Are you saying Ashley hasn't put any money into these deals? If so are you sure about that?

“Financially, we did our business – that’s us done,” added Pardew.

“You know how we work here. It’s not like we are QPR, where the owner is putting in his own money.

“That’s going on. But they don’t look viable, some of the deals they are doing. We’re viable – that’s what we do.”

Not that it matters much in the overall scheme of things but my point was not questioning our viability or whether the club is self financing year on year. It was more to do with how the club's annual cash flow moves during the year and whether we actually had that much money at our disposal in January. Our policy is to pay for transfers up front so presumably that means we have shelled out somewhere between £15 and £20 million? Other clubs don't seem to pay for their transfers that way although maybe Chelsea would be one that does (?) also I don't know exactly how much of the Ba fee we receive, there was talk that a chunk of it went to an agent. Haven't seen the accounts for a while but the last time I looked we had £9 million of cash in June 2011, that was obviously after the Carroll sale. Since then I don't know if that cash sum has increased or decreased. I was just wondering if Ashley had to provide a "bridging" loan.

:lol: Textbook. A couple of good results, a few signings - Llambias is in the local paper and Ashley is in the local pub. Wonder if the lunchtime residents of the Strawberry have fallen for it.

Tbh I want him out in and amongst the fans, it's better for the club we all get along to a degree and hopefully he gets caught up in it all.