Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I still don't buy this stuff that he's doing this all out of spite because of the previous stick he got following Keegan's departure. It reeks to me of a paranoid owner who doesn't trust anyone outside his own little circle and is constantly looking to keep the manager in check by putting his own men in there. It's basically the same thing he did with Keegan when he put Wise in place to monitor him.

The difference of course is that Pardew doesn't have the principles of Keegan so he will stay put and pick up his wages and maybe clean Joe's windows every Monday afternoon to ensure a good report gets back to Ashley.

Aye, he's definitely not doing it out of spite or any other reason that involves him having feelings towards the fans.

What gets me is...if he is so bitter towards us for the shit he deservedly gets (which he clearly is), and if it matters so much to him (which it clearly does)...why doesn't he do the right thing and get us all on side.

He could be absolutely loved, here. Or could have been. And in the process had a hugely valuable asset.

The guy's a mentalist.

Epitome of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

Do you think it matters to him? Based on what?

Eh...based on the fact he's taking the piss? Course it matters. We chanted about him being a fat cunt. He wound us up at us every single opportunity since.

He doesn't like to be ridiculed. Who does?

Those who say he doesn't care what people call him aren't being realistic. He's human...just a rich one that can fuck with a whole city.

Just because you don't see him crying doesn't mean he doesn't care what people think. He just fucks you instead of running off in tears.

I don't buy that at all. Obviously it's hard to prove, but I don't think he would bother with shit like that. He's just not very good at making football-related decisions.

What gets me is...if he is so bitter towards us for the shit he deservedly gets (which he clearly is), and if it matters so much to him (which it clearly does)...why doesn't he do the right thing and get us all on side.

He could be absolutely loved, here. Or could have been. And in the process had a hugely valuable asset.

The guy's a mentalist.

Epitome of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'.

Do you think it matters to him? Based on what?

Eh...based on the fact he's taking the piss? Course it matters. We chanted about him being a fat cunt. He wound us up at us every single opportunity since.

He doesn't like to be ridiculed. Who does?

Those who say he doesn't care what people call him aren't being realistic. He's human...just a rich one that can fuck with a whole city.

Just because you don't see him crying doesn't mean he doesn't care what people think. He just fucks you instead of running off in tears.

I don't buy that at all. Obviously it's hard to prove, but I don't think he would bother with shit like that. He's just not very good at making football-related decisions.

Fair enough. But the alternative to not believing he's spiteful, or vindictive, is that he doesn't recognise a blatantly dumb idea when it's at an important part of one of his businesses.

There's far greater evidence to show he knows what he's doing than there is showing he's thick. There's all the evidence you need to show he knows exactly what he's doing.

The guy is exceptionally successful. He's all but wiped out the competition with SD. That's not by fluke.

Mike Ashley is a bitter and spiteful man and he can afford to fuck with us all...just because he can. I believe that's what he's doing. He's having a laugh.

Except he did the same thing when he appointed Dennis Wise, which was before he got abused at Newcastle. That suggests to me it has less to do with spite, and more to do with wanting complete control and no one answering back to him.

Mashley is a chancer and a bullshitter. He's done very, very well with those 'qualities' in the world of budget sports retail. Being a chancer he values it in other people. Its a characteristic he recognises and, for him, has worked very well. So the people he's drawn to are other chancers and bullshitters. Llambias, Pardew and Kinnear. People like Hughton or Keegan are an anathema to him, doesn't understand them.

Newchancer United :lol:

That's probably pretty close to the mark. I don't buy the "he's a good businessman, therefore he must act rationally" theory. He's demonstrated that he doesn't work that way. To him, it's his club and he's going to do whatever the fuck he wants with it. I think ask he really cares about its that it spins off some benefit to his greater commercial enterprise. He doesn't seem to care for the club's stand-alonr success.

Guest Bert Shaft

Q/... Mike Ashley would not employ an unhinged individual as manager at one of his shops so why is he employing the Nurse Ratched dodger Kinnear at our club.

A/... To piss us all off and for no other reason.

I console myself with the thought, what comes around  goes around (and it will).

Think both arguments are valid. He may want complete control but a director of football? and then Joe Kinnear for the job? His decision making looks like pure piss taking half the time.

When we finished 5th that was the time for me, he had the chance to prove if he wanted us to progress to the next level, and he proved his point and then some.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2343894/Dennis-Wise-Tony-Jimenez-court-case.html

Former England football star Dennis Wise handed over £500,000 to his former friend to invest in a French golf course because 'I trusted him,' he told the High Court on Tuesday.

He claimed the former pal property developer Tony Jimenez promised him a three to five per cent shareholding in the luxury Les Bordes golf and resort in the Le Voire valley outside Paris.

But he agreed that his investment was just a 'speck' in the 66 million Euros the resort cost to buy and develop.

But the 46-year-old former Chelsea and Wimbledon midfielder giving evidence on the second day of his claim for the return of the money said he had no documents to prove that he had been offered the shares on the development.

He claims 50-year-old Mr Jimenez told him he would get the shares in the project and he accepted his word because he trusted him.

His former close pal and godfather to his son claims the money only gave him an equitable share in the development and was a long term investment. He says he was never a shareholder.

But Mr Wise told Deputy Judge Miss Penelope Reed QC: 'I am telling the truth.'

He claimed other witnesses who claim the loan was not a personal one but was put through an investment company CD Investments – the initials standing for his wife Claire and Dennis – for tax reasons were telling lies.

Wise claims he has got nothing for his July 2007 investment and now wants his money back.

But CD Investments has now gone bust and the court must decide if the money ever belonged to the company or whether as Wise claims it was his alone and the company just acted as a conduit to transfer the money to Jimenez, known as 'Mr Fixit' in the football and property world.

He said at the time in July 2007: 'we were very close and I believed him.' He added : 'I trusted him.'

Their friendship dates back to when Mr Jimenez helped Dennis - who won 21 caps for England - get jobs as manager at Swindon and as an executive on the management team at Newcastle where Jimenez was vice president and the pair were known as the 'cockney mafia.'

The court was told that when Mr Jimenez sought to buy the run down Le Bordes golf course for 26 million Euros he offered his pal a 'piece of the action.'

But his £500,000 was just a small part of the tens of millions of pounds worth of investment with another 40 million euros needed to make it into the 'prestige valuable beautiful real estate' it now was. Now described as Europe’s No 1 course.

Lawrence Power, counsel for Mr Jimenez, claimed Wise knew it was a long term investment. There was no mischief. The money had not disappeared.

Mr Power said his arguments were just a 'sham' which 'defies logic,' and that evidence from Mr Wise was not credible.

Mr Jimenez is asking the judge to dismiss the claim in its entirety and also order Mr Wise to pay the legal costs, already approaching £1million.

The hearing, set to last all week, continues.

Some real good characters have been involved with NUFC in the Ashley era like.

I just think his main problem is that his techniques of running businesses like Sports Direct, and his personality as a manager/owner, do not translate very well to football. 

Eh?

He employs the best available to run Sports Direct. Their financial results over a long period prove that.

The opposite seems to apply with the "team" he's assembled to run NUFC. We can only speculate on the reasons for this, but logic and his usual business acumen don't seem to apply.

When Kinnear was at Wimbledon they brought in players very cheap lots of free transfers then sold them on for a profit. This is what Ashley wants, just on a bigger scale than Wimbledon did it. So appoint Kinnear to make sure this policy is carried out.

"But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted."

Get ready for round two Mike...

"But I am now a dad who can't take his kids to a football game on a Saturday because I am advised that we would be assaulted."

People are resigned to defeat these days IMO.

He released that cheese ball statement when we went down, admitting his mistakes and claiming he'd learned from them, aye right. 

I'v said his only concern with us is league status, it's pretty clear. Wouldn't surprise me if he finds all this perversely amusing tbh.

People are resigned to defeat these days IMO.

Agree. It's not like 2008 when KK resigned anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'll support and love NUFC - always - I'll be there at SJP for our first home match of the next season hopefully and will be cheering them on but, the spark, that kind of passion that once was - it's not there just this moment of time.

I think once Ashley fucks off it'll be back 100%. Till then, it's turn off the on field actions, support the 11 players on the pitch...

After the naming rights/Keegan/Kinnearmk1and2 debacles I don't know how anyone can think he holds us with anything other than contempt; even if those decsions are made on the grounds of supposed 'sound business practice'.

Even if you had a niggling doubt, it's been completely and utterly removed in the last 48 hours.

He fucking hates us with a passion. He's a piss artist, openly mocking us with our own club.

It's disgusting.

When Kinnear was at Wimbledon they brought in players very cheap lots of free transfers then sold them on for a profit. This is what Ashley wants, just on a bigger scale than Wimbledon did it. So appoint Kinnear to make sure this policy is carried out.

Interesting.  From whose mouth did you hear that?  Joe Kinnears?

no just old enough to remember Wimbledon , our own Warren Barton was typical  example of how Wimbledon use to work in those days.

Guest chopey

Just a quick side point here, Kinnear is not a healthy man, he looks like he has just been dragged out of the Tyne with his greasy hair and ill fitting suits, he needs protecting from himself, but Ashley is quite willing to put him in the firing line to meet his own selfish needs what ever they might be, this job will kill this old fella and although the Newcastle fans will get the blame the ball will be firmly in Ashleys court for putting this old fool in the position in the first place.

Has Kinnear actually been seen in public since all this? He claims he's never been fitter.

Which admittedly means he's probably in a wheelchair and isn't allowed on Ryanair flights.