Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

As someone else has said, I can't shake the feeling that this smells like the club is being sold. I just cannot envision Kinnear being at the club come the start of the season sitting in the stands.

Why would it mean the club is being sold? I'm going to ask this in every thread until someone comes up with a reason!

As someone else has said, I can't shake the feeling that this smells like the club is being sold. I just cannot envision Kinnear being at the club come the start of the season sitting in the stands.

Why would it mean the club is being sold? I'm going to ask this in every thread until someone comes up with a reason!

Maybe the JFK circus act is a giant smokescreen while new suitors conduct DD? I'm not basing it on anything other than a nagging feeling. It's just too surreal, and I'm quite probably too naive to believe that this is the way NUFC will be run going into the new season.

I Don't think he is. you would'nt smash the windows on your car & then try to sell it & get a decent price. All Ashley is doing by hiring JFK is lowering the price he would get for the club

Ashley is incredibly loyal to those around him. In his eyes JFK helped him out when he most needed it, when no-one in the football world would have touched the NUFC job with a barge pole in the days and weeks after Keegan left. In Ashley's eyes, he helped take a little bit of the flack away from him. Might feel somewhat responsible for his subsequent heart issues.

Sticks JFK in on a 3 year fixed contract, knowing that any new owner would need to pay the whole contract out (which would come out of the club's funds not Ashley's pocket).

So there you go, clearly selling the club. What other possible reason could there be to appoint JFK as director of football.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol:

nothing suggests it's being sold like.

All it suggests to me is ashleys brought in kinnear as it's his mate, people aren't taking it well, ashley doesn't care.

This x 10000. If anything this is the opposite of what you would do if selling the club. Surely you make the transition as smooth as possible rather than handing over the keys to a shambles :lol:

Ashley is incredibly loyal to those around him. In his eyes JFK helped him out when he most needed it, when no-one in the football world would have touched the NUFC job with a barge pole in the days and weeks after Keegan left. In Ashley's eyes, he helped take a little bit of the flack away from him. Might feel somewhat responsible for his subsequent heart issues.

Sticks JFK in on a 3 year fixed contract, knowing that any new owner would need to pay the whole contract out (which would come out of the club's funds not Ashley's pocket).

So there you go, clearly selling the club. What other possible reason could there be to appoint JFK as director of football.

That's a ludicrously tenuous reason though. I agree nobody can think of a good one, but that's not it.

True.

That's a ludicrously tenuous reason though. I agree nobody can think of a good one, but that's not it.

True, but thought I would give it a go. The fact that Llambias has gone sort of disproves my theory, as he may have kept him on as well and bumped his contract up to ensure he also got a pay off.

Llambias was on a fairly meaty payout as part of the deal for the sale that fell through to Moat, so if it was being sold then fairly convinced that he would have been kept on. Llambias going is either a reaction by Ashley to underperformance last year, or more likely that Llambias just wants out and doesn't want another year similar to the relegation year - which I think it looking more and more likely.

I wouldn't hold it against any player now if they put in a transfer request and wished to be sold ASAP rather than be messed about under Ashley's dictatorship. They shouldn't be treated like this in the slightest. Absolute shambles. Us fans don't have a choice to get out, they do, i wouldn't begrudge them taking it either.

I wouldn't hold it against any player now if they put in a transfer request and wished to be sold ASAP rather than be messed about under Ashley's dictatorship. They shouldn't be treated like this in the slightest. Absolute shambles. Us fans don't have a choice to get out, they do, i wouldn't begrudge them taking it either.

I would want them to wait until they had seen if it affects them in any way TBH. For all we know Joe might hardly talk to the players and Pardew might be able to band them together. Slightly wishful thinking, but I do think the relationship between a DoF and the players is quite distant.

Would anyone stomach relegation if it meant Ashley sold the club?

It didn't work last time.

And we could end up with a much worse owner in the Championship. Definitely not.

I would want them to wait until they had seen if it affects them in any way TBH. For all we know Joe might hardly talk to the players and Pardew might be able to band them together. Slightly wishful thinking, but I do think the relationship between a DoF and the players is quite distant.

I agree, I would think the players will just wait and see how it pans out, most of them are probably on their holidays, I doubt they would really be that bothered about what's going on at board level.

They must be even more frustrated than we are with the incidents of the last couple of days. I can't see Pardew being capable of reassuring them that everything is under control at all.. :(

not only that but we'll be worth less so he's less likely to sell as he'd be taking more of a hit. wouldn't surprise me if his plan is to stay in the prem without risking relegation till economic times change and someone makes him a decent offer (not necessarily a profit)

He really is the most pathetic little drama queen that's ever been involved in football. He should be ashamed that he can't act like a real man and a real businessman but instead has to surround himself with snivelling little runts who will do his bidding without arguing back.

And we could end up with a much worse owner in the Championship. Definitely not.

Worse than on owner who doesn't want the team to be in Europe or have any cup success? At this point I think the only owner who'd be worse would be someone that paved over SJP and shut the club down.