Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

f***ing hate this bloke so much, what makes us so unattractive to potential buyers?? Serious question..

When you have an owner that 'puts the club up for sale' and then fails to keep an appointment with Mansour in Dubai, you have the answer...people know Ashley messes them about so they will wait until he gives himself enough rope....

The "Cockney b******" song came out again tonight.

Best the utter weaklings can do either side of singing about Shola and Pardew. Cretins.

Ron, man. Really think this fan rage is somewhat misplaced.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft c***s" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

I don't think it is at all. The fans are refusing to fight for the club in supporting this nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's pity more than anger that I feel towards them. However, I've been where they are so I can appreciate why they still turn up. There are times when it's all you have, and for some people it's all they'll ever have, they live for it. I can't be mad with people for supporting the team, which is what most of them are doing at the end of the day.

Fair point. :thup:

I just wish people would see the big picture. Surely virtually nobody enjoys the rubbish we serve up at SJP and on the road these days.

but what is the big picture? everyone stay's away? won't change anything not with the tv deal it would just mean further cost cuts and bring us no closer to anyone actually buying the club which is the big issue, no one wants to.

Disagree - if Ashley is put into a position where he runs the risk of having to put money into the club because attendances were poor and nobody was buying merchandise, he would be out like a shot. In any case, his lack of investment in players will eventually lead to relegation and that will kill off his Sky golden goose.

Last night's result is the first step along the way to possibly being relegated.

Also don't agree that nobody wants to buy the club - they do, but they know what Ashley is like and they will wait until he is in a position where he cannot mess them about or hold them to ransom...Ashley isn't the only billionaire who thinks he is street-wise....as with everything else, there is always someone smarter/richer and they will come along eventually but it may take a while.

Disagree, he'll hold out until the bitter end until he gets the price he wants. And frankly if you were rich why buy an expensive club like newcastle when you can buy a biggish championship club (eg Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or go to League one Sheffield United or Wolves) for far far less put in some small amount of investment (compared to prem) get them up and boom prem tv package.

Something needs to happen on Saturday, yet I feel people just don't want to waste the energy anymore as they know that no matter what they do he's still going to be here ruining what for many people is their only escape from the mundane feelings of every day life.

What's the point if you can't enjoy it anymore?

Best the utter weaklings can do either side of singing about Shola and Pardew. Cretins.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft c***s" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

I don't think it is at all. The fans are refusing to fight for the club in supporting this nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's pity more than anger that I feel towards them. However, I've been where they are so I can appreciate why they still turn up. There are times when it's all you have, and for some people it's all they'll ever have, they live for it. I can't be mad with people for supporting the team, which is what most of them are doing at the end of the day.

I just wish people would see the big picture. Surely virtually nobody enjoys the rubbish we serve up at SJP and on the road these days.

but what is the big picture? everyone stay's away? won't change anything not with the tv deal it would just mean further cost cuts and bring us no closer to anyone actually buying the club which is the big issue, no one wants to.

Disagree - if Ashley is put into a position where he runs the risk of having to put money into the club because attendances were poor and nobody was buying merchandise, he would be out like a shot. In any case, his lack of investment in players will eventually lead to relegation and that will kill off his Sky golden goose.

Last night's result is the first step along the way to possibly being relegated.

Also don't agree that nobody wants to buy the club - they do, but they know what Ashley is like and they will wait until he is in a position where he cannot mess them about or hold them to ransom...Ashley isn't the only billionaire who thinks he is street-wise....as with everything else, there is always someone smarter/richer and they will come along eventually but it may take a while.

Disagree, he'll hold out until the bitter end until he gets the price he wants. And frankly if you were rich why buy an expensive club like newcastle when you can buy a biggish championship club (eg Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or go to League one Sheffield United or Wolves) for far far less put in some small amount of investment (compared to prem) get them up and boom prem tv package.

Are you serious ? Leeds ? Sheff Utd? Wolves ? Since when did ANY of these clubs have the support potential - and actual -  around the world that NUFC has ?

Lets hope potential buyers know more about club potential than you seem to - don't argue by the way, because you'll start to look silly with that theory.

Why aren't the British billionaire as ambitious as their Russian or Arab counterparts ? Look at PSG, Monaco and even QPR and how their billionaire owners spend money on their clubs and the ambition they demonstrate compared to our tight arse Mike.

They are not trying to Launder money/ build up a public profile in the UK to prevent them from potential extradition down the line. 

Also aren't the Arabs at those clubs you mentioned super rich.

Something needs to happen on Saturday, yet I feel people just don't want to waste the energy anymore as they know that no matter what they do he's still going to be here ruining what for many people is their only escape from the mundane feelings of every day life.

Frightened me yesterday, but I'm simply beyond caring and hoping with these idiots around.

These results and experiences will keep coming. Struggling to see how it will affect me. It's what you get.

We've all gone to games in the past when you know before you leave home you've no chance, away games at old trafford and anfield etc. But you went because the club was doing it's best, and you were there to support them.

Under Mike Ashley the club isn't doing it's best, it has no intention of competing. He'll invest the absolute minimum to protect his investment. Players like Cabaye will leave and only when we're in trouble will they be replaced by younger and cheaper. We stay up, just, but he makes his money back slowly. And you do it all again next year.

I want fuck all to do with it anymore to be honest.

Are you serious ? Leeds ? Sheff Utd? Wolves ? Since when did ANY of these clubs have the support potential - and actual -  around the world that NUFC has ?

Lets hope potential buyers know more about club potential than you seem to - don't argue by the way, because you'll start to look silly with that theory.

We also have the infrastructure in place.  Those clubs might be a lot cheaper to buy but then a lot of money would have to be spent on other things.

We also have the infrastructure in place.  Those clubs might be a lot cheaper to buy but then a lot of money would have to be spent on other things.

what makes people think that we are a bigger club than Leeds are just because we are a division higher

Leeds have had considerable more success than we have in the last 50-60 years

Guest bimpy474

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport 1m

Charles Green has agreed to stand down as a consultant at Rangers and sell his shareholding in the club, reports BBC Scotland

Will this pave the way for Ashley to buy Rangers outright?

No and Green being there wouldn't have stopped him if he wanted to buy Rangers anyway.

first up Leeds don't have support potential ??? easily would get their ground filled if they got up. The rest, Wolves not so much as the others but still had enough going in that the club wanted to expand the stadium (then got relegated so stopped) these clubs may not have as much of a fanbase at present but the price would be less than £50m compared to over £200m, and as for infastructure other than the stadium what infastructure do we have? Our youth systems a piece of shit our scouting department is one guy and is our training ground that good really? Leeds have quite a large stadium already and I dare say probably have a better youth system than us.

I'm also not pulling this out of thin air, recent trends have had less prem clubs being bought (otherwise how are everton still for sale, now theres a much better buy than us) and more championship clubs, Cardiff, Leicester, Forest, Leeds (to a bank who want to sell them on again apparently) Hull and Watford have all been bought in the last few years, why weren't any of these guys interested in us?

Well if he is is going to sell the club it must be approaching that time then, as no buyer in their right mind would buy this club if he has taken the next TV deal money out of the club.

IF (deliberately in caps) he was looking to sell in the foreseeable future then it will happen this week (and with very little warning(

Give new owners one week to buy one statement of intent player.

Imo, any Cabaye sale immediately rules out a sale now, no perspective buyer would be happy with the decision to sell one of our main players as they are coming in.

IF (deliberately in caps) he was looking to sell in the foreseeable future then it will happen this week (and with very little warning(

Give new owners one week to buy one statement of intent player.

Imo, any Cabaye sale immediately rules out a sale now, no perspective buyer would be happy with the decision to sell one of our main players as they are coming in.

No one will buy at the price he'd ask now anyway. I think he's looking for a way out, but it wont be for another year or two until he's paid the debt down. I wouldn't be surprised if he's ring fenced the extra cash we'll receive in prize money this year and it will be used to take a huge chunk out of the loans.

He's cornered himself again. After regaining some level of trust during 2011/12, he's back to not giving a fuck. The appointment of Kinnear just confirms how little he cares. It's about having people who are just glad to have a job running this for him until he gets it sold. There would be no reason for him to appoint ambitious managers or buy expensive players, they'd just force him to spend more money. Pardew and Kinnear are both incredibly lucky to be in their respective jobs, they won't ask anything of him.

The longer this drags on, the more pain and humiliation will be coming our way. We need this sale to happen quickly.

Still feel it's drawing to a close, surely this isn't pleasant for him.