Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I'd also like to point out the other inaccuracies in the original source.

Arsenal's £30m includes its stadium sponsor, which is fair enough (although its an article about shirts) but they don't do the same for citeh if so that would be £40m as it was a 10 year deal for £400m.

Again at Arsenal their 02 deal back in 2002 was for £6m a year, so again when they signed the original deal with Fly Em for stadium and shirt i very much doubt at the height of their powers they'd sign a £5.5m, less than the original, or be on that amount all the way to 2012. So they include it for 2013, but not previously, strange.

That's not even getting in to the mackems invest in africa deal, and the replacement company...bet you that isn't anywhere near as straightforward as a clear £15m loss.

End of the day all this needed was a little bit of common sense to realise no one in their right mind would willingly accept a £4m cut in income, certainly not someone obsessed with making money. The club ended the deal, had virgin ended it or it ran its course then this would all be very different. However you don't cut your deal short to accept less money, it would be the first time in football someone has done that (not including any charity deals) that's exactly the opposite of what football has become and certainly the opposite of anything Ashley has ever done.

Btw I believe the virgin deal was £5m a year, for two years equalling £10m something the bbc reported at the end of the contract.

Imagine Llambias coming in and breaking that one to Ashley, oh I've got a new sponsor for us, 4 years at less money and its a bit controversial so will cost us a bit in shirt sales. how's that sound boss? Did I do well?

Nope, not going to happen. Moving on.

Honestly can't see Ashley accepting a smaller sponsorship deal. He's all about money and getting value and giving up a £10m per year deal to sign a £6m a year deal is just barmy. We all know he's a cunt but where a financial deal is there to be made then he's right on the button. 

Honestly can't see Ashley accepting a smaller sponsorship deal. He's all about money and getting value and giving up a £10m per year deal to sign a £6m a year deal is just barmy. We all know he's a cunt but where a financial deal is there to be made then he's right on the button.

Finally someone with some sense walks in to the thread. Where the fuck you been hiding  :lol:

Best of all worlds for Fat Cash. More money for him, the chance to treat a respected company like they mean nothing to him and a chance annoy the fans all in one move. His cock will have been sore for days.

Anyone know how Sports Direct profits have improved since the free advertisement in the most watched league in the World?

Share price was 36p when he took over at NUFC, today it's £6.34.

You heard of something called a law binding agreement? That's what happens on multi million deals.

:facepalm:

Have you heard yourself man? All of you. Mike Ashley the man obsessed with money goes out of his way to accept a lower offer to what, piss off the fans and drag the name of the club through the mud because its good advertising  :lol:

Any more conspiracies you got while we are at it? Mike Ashley behind 9/11 so he could sell more secure luggage? He invented Bird Flu so he could sell trainers to run away from swans?

:lol: classic nessy thread contribution

The "Cockney b******" song came out again tonight.

Best the utter weaklings can do either side of singing about Shola and Pardew. Cretins.

Ron, man. Really think this fan rage is somewhat misplaced.

I was looking at the screen tonight thinking "daft c***s" at those that paid money to go and watch that in the flesh, then I took a look in the mirror at someone who was sitting at home like a mug doing exactly the same. Only difference is Sky got my money instead of NUFC, which is just as bad if not worse.

I don't think it is at all. The fans are refusing to fight for the club in supporting this nonsense.

I can see where you're coming from but I think it's pity more than anger that I feel towards them. However, I've been where they are so I can appreciate why they still turn up. There are times when it's all you have, and for some people it's all they'll ever have, they live for it. I can't be mad with people for supporting the team, which is what most of them are doing at the end of the day.

Fair point. :thup:

I just wish people would see the big picture. Surely virtually nobody enjoys the rubbish we serve up at SJP and on the road these days.

but what is the big picture? everyone stay's away? won't change anything not with the tv deal it would just mean further cost cuts and bring us no closer to anyone actually buying the club which is the big issue, no one wants to.

Disagree - if Ashley is put into a position where he runs the risk of having to put money into the club because attendances were poor and nobody was buying merchandise, he would be out like a shot. In any case, his lack of investment in players will eventually lead to relegation and that will kill off his Sky golden goose.

Last night's result is the first step along the way to possibly being relegated.

Also don't agree that nobody wants to buy the club - they do, but they know what Ashley is like and they will wait until he is in a position where he cannot mess them about or hold them to ransom...Ashley isn't the only billionaire who thinks he is street-wise....as with everything else, there is always someone smarter/richer and they will come along eventually but it may take a while.

Disagree, he'll hold out until the bitter end until he gets the price he wants. And frankly if you were rich why buy an expensive club like newcastle when you can buy a biggish championship club (eg Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday or go to League one Sheffield United or Wolves) for far far less put in some small amount of investment (compared to prem) get them up and boom prem tv package.

Are you serious ? Leeds ? Sheff Utd? Wolves ? Since when did ANY of these clubs have the support potential - and actual -  around the world that NUFC has ?

Lets hope potential buyers know more about club potential than you seem to - don't argue by the way, because you'll start to look silly with that theory.

We also have the infrastructure in place.  Those clubs might be a lot cheaper to buy but then a lot of money would have to be spent on other things.

what makes people think that we are a bigger club than Leeds are just because we are a division higher

Leeds have had considerable more success than we have in the last 50-60 years

Talking about Leeds former successes is almost as stupid as harking back to our 50s cup wins.

Leeds have NEVER been a bigger club than NUFC and if you are using trophies as a yardstick on the size of the club, you have to say that the Mackems, Boro, Leicester, Watford, Luton etc etc are ALL bigger than NUFC because they have ALL won domestic trophies in more recent history than we have.

Since when did Leeds have a WAITING LIST of 20,000 for Season Tickets as we did in the 90s ?

Any potential buyer is going to look at how big the club could BECOME, not what it did 50 years ago, and on that yardstick, we knock all these clubs into a cocked hat.

You haven't been supporting us very long, have you ? Either that, or you are part of the group that has swallowed Ashley and Pardew's lowering of expectations.

That is exactly the problem. People are so disillusioned and fed-up because the pride and expectation of the club has lowered so much that people don't even think we could challenge as a 'big club' anymore. It's disgraceful.

I don't know if 'you've not been supporting the club very long' is a valid reason for people to have low expectations. Surely if you've been following the club for longer you would tend to have lower expectations rather than higher?

How is being part of what we achieved in the 90s going to make you have lowered expectations now?

If you can remember those days - which I can, vividly - you just know we are a shadow of the club we were now, and we should be expecting far better, which we certainly would under a more ambitious and committed owner.

I don't know if 'you've not been supporting the club very long' is a valid reason for people to have low expectations. Surely if you've been following the club for longer you would tend to have lower expectations rather than higher?

How is being part of what we achieved in the 90s going to make you have lowered expectations now?

If you can remember those days - which I can, vividly - you just know we are a shadow of the club we were now, and we should be expecting far better, which we certainly would under a more ambitious and committed owner.

I mean, the 90s wasn't very long ago. What about all the stuff before then?

I know we've tasted relatively recent success, and that raises expectations of course. But the bigger picture is not so rosy.

I can remember the 90s very well and yes 93-98 was a purple patch for us but now we are just mediocre....other clubs have had purple patches recently far better than ours....Leeds, Forest even Ipswich these clubs all won major honours. The 90s as you describe we won fuck all yes the football was amazing and exciting to watch but ultimately we won nothing. It doesn't give us the divine right because we are NUFC to think we are any more deserving than their fans

I've been watching us for 36 years merlin to answer your question previously so yes I've seen shite

Guest reefatoon

I remember it all from the early 80's when I started going, and the time in the 90's under Keegan and Robson, was a good blip. The rest of my time supporting us, it has been years of utter depressing s****.  God, some of it was grim.

I presume pre-90s we werent the team with the 7th biggest turnover in England or the 20th in the world. And thats without even trying to increase turnover. How we were back then shouldn't have any effect on expectations now or what we're going to do going forward.

I remember it all from the early 80's when I started going, and the time in the 90's under Keegan and Robson, was a good blip. The rest of my time supporting us, it has been years of utter depressing s****.  God, some of it was grim.

That's reassuring!