Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Course its not true, Virgin said they'd match what Wonga had to offer if we'd had spoken to them first. If it was less they'd have said so. Dear me, any old s**** gets past of as fact these days.

Take it up with the site they got the information from Bergerac  :lol:

Course its not true, Virgin said they'd match what Wonga had to offer if we'd had spoken to them first. If it was less they'd have said so. Dear me, any old shite gets past of as fact these days.

Virgin were never informed how much Wonga were willing to pay, they were simply told that the deal would be ending and the club weren't prepared to listen to an offer from them.

Course its not true, Virgin said they'd match what Wonga had to offer if we'd had spoken to them first. If it was less they'd have said so. Dear me, any old shite gets past of as fact these days.

It says Virgin were never given the opportunity to compete in the article.

Guest neesy111

The article says otherwise.

Virgin were never informed how much Wonga were willing to pay, they were simply told that the deal would be ending and the club weren't prepared to listen to an offer from them.

That is correct, they also said they would have been willing to match any offer. This was after the Wonga deal was announced, therefore they could have easily stuck the boot in and said why accept a lower offer, which no one mentioned at all at the time?

It is also widely accepted we are receiving £8m a year without any clauses while receiving addons for the youth academy and other projects. So the article is wrong however you look at it.

That is correct, they also said they would have been willing to match any offer. This was after the Wonga deal was announced, therefore they could have easily stuck the boot in and said why accept a lower offer, which no one mentioned at all at the time?

It is also widely accepted we are receiving £8m a year without any clauses while receiving addons for the youth academy and other projects. So the article is wrong however you look at it.

I didn't hear that bit, and it's easy for them to say that after the fact, but do we really think they would have matched ANY offer? Not a very clever way to run a business. I'm still not seeing anything that makes me think Virgin knew how much Wonga were paying.

I didn't hear that bit, and it's easy for them to say that after the fact, but do we really think they would have matched ANY offer? Not a very clever way to run a business. I'm still not seeing anything that makes me think Virgin knew how much Wonga were paying.

They didn't it was done behind their backs but after the deal came to light they said this, they could have easily said why stop a deal and accept less? There would have been a massive kick off on here and in the media ans why I know it didn't happen.

You heard of something called a law binding agreement? That's what happens on multi million deals.

:facepalm:

Have you heard yourself man? All of you. Mike Ashley the man obsessed with money goes out of his way to accept a lower offer to what, piss off the fans and drag the name of the club through the mud because its good advertising  :lol:

Any more conspiracies you got while we are at it? Mike Ashley behind 9/11 so he could sell more secure luggage? He invented Bird Flu so he could sell trainers to run away from swans?

You heard of something called a law binding agreement? That's what happens on multi million deals.

Have you heard yourself man? All of you. Mike Ashley the man obsessed with money goes out of his way to accept a lower offer to what, p*ss off the fans and drag the name of the club through the mud because its good advertising  :lol:

Any more conspiracies you got while we are at it? Mike Ashley behind 9/11 so he could sell more secure luggage? He invented Bird Flu so he could sell trainers to run away from swans?

Calling Womblemaster!

Have you heard yourself man? All of you. Mike Ashley the man obsessed with money goes out of his way to accept a lower offer to what, piss off the fans and drag the name of the club through the mud because its good advertising  :lol:

It's funny you should mention swans, Ashley feeds beefburgers to swans.

It's funny you should mention swans, Ashley feeds beefburgers to swans.

It was Ashley who put the horses in the burgers which went in the swans.

Horseburgerswanception

Have you heard yourself man? All of you. Mike Ashley the man obsessed with money goes out of his way to accept a lower offer to what, p*ss off the fans and drag the name of the club through the mud because its good advertising  :lol:

Calling Womblemaster!

Womblesignal lit!!

Also to point out northern rock deal was £10m over 4 years, so why virgin would start paying us 4 times that amount while still in the deal I don't know.

From 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/7018012/Newcastle-United-sponsors-Northern-Rock-defend-signing-new-deal.html

So basically both figures are wrong. Wonga isn't 6 it's 8 and virgin didnt pay us 10 a year either.

Guest neesy111

Also to point out northern rock deal was £10m over 4 years, so why virgin would start paying us 4 times that amount while still in the deal I don't know.

From 2010

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/7018012/Newcastle-United-sponsors-Northern-Rock-defend-signing-new-deal.html

So basically both figures are wrong. Wonga isn't 6 it's 8 and virgin didnt pay us 10 a year either.

That deal was only 2 years, NR activated an early termination clause.

From 2010

Virgin bought NR that's why the changeover happened. Read the article, 4 years at £2.5m a year. Virgin wouldn't jump from 2.5 to 10. No actual figures on the virgin deal came out.

Llambias said at the time (wonga deal) he went for the most money possible in terms of sponsor adding its one more player on the pitch.

Everything apart from Luke Edwards once saying the virgin deal could be worth up to (as vague as you are going to get) £20m, points to the wonga deal being our most lucrative in our history.

From 2010

Virgin bought NR that's why the changeover happened. Read the article, 4 years at £2.5m a year. Virgin wouldn't jump from 2.5 to 10. No actual figures on the virgin deal came out.

Llambias said at the time (wonga deal) he went for the most money possible in terms of sponsor adding its one more player on the pitch.

Everything apart from Luke Edwards once saying the virgin deal could be worth up to (as vague as you are going to get) £20m, points to the wonga deal being our most lucrative in our history.

One more player on the pitch. :lol:

Sorry, not discrediting your argument but yer kna.