Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The club isn't even spending within it's means, if you factor in that we haven't permanently signed a first team player for the last two transfer windows (assuming de Jong on loan is the only deal this window) Begs the question - where is the money going?

Its not?

It's spending way, way less than is coming in. Ashley runs the club like paupers, but it's far from it.

We made £1.4m in 2013 (2011-2012 accounts).

Guest Roger Kint

The club isn't even spending within it's means, if you factor in that we haven't permanently signed a first team player for the last two transfer windows (assuming de Jong on loan is the only deal this window) Begs the question - where is the money going?

Its not?

It's spending way, way less than is coming in. Ashley runs the club like paupers, but it's far from it.

You make out like we are pocketing tens of millions, the accounts will show that whatever cash we havent spent is still in there.

There's no proof behind what I say, it's just a theory and I wouldn't put anything past him. I absolutely think he trousers profit we make while at the same time bloating the figures of what we are still owed to put off potential investors/buyers. No other owner would allow the club to serve as a free advertising vehicle for SPORTSDIRECT.COMUK'SNUMBERONEFUCKEMPLOYEERIGHTSRIGHTUPTHEARSE.

According to the recent Delloitte figures turnover in 12/13 was £91.8m.  That's down on the year before (£93.3m) despite a europa campaign because of our lower finish in the league.

In 11/12 Ashley could afford to pull £11m out AND spend £11m (net) on transfers.

Net transfer spend was almost £11m in 12/13 too but Ashley said he would not take out the money (£18m is in my head?) he had planned to...whether that turns out to be true or not remains to be seen but you would expect it to leave us with plenty money in the bank if so.

Guest Roger Kint

There's no proof behind what I say, it's just a theory and I wouldn't put anything past him. I absolutely think he trousers profit we make while at the same time bloating the figures of what we are still owed to put off potential investors/buyers. No other owner would allow the club to serve as a free advertising vehicle for SPORTSDIRECT.COMUK'SNUMBERONEFUCKEMPLOYEERIGHTSRIGHTUPTHEARSE.

You are aware that Newcastle United is a multi million pound business and not a corner shop right? Not even sure how to respond to the bloating comment without badly insulting you, fucking hell man :lol:

According to the recent Delloitte figures turnover in 12/13 was £91.8m.  That's down on the year before (£93.3m) despite a europa campaign because of our lower finish in the league.

In 11/12 Ashley could afford to pull £11m out AND spend £11m (net) on transfers.

Net transfer spend was almost £11m in 12/13 too but Ashley said he would not take out the money (£18m is in my head?) he had planned to...whether that turns out to be true or not remains to be seen but you would expect it to leave us with plenty money in the bank if so.

What this means to me is that under the previous TV deal we had about £20m a year to play with given our turnover/outgoings.

Given the new TV deal in place this year we should have at least double that to play with...

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PL-TV-income-11-12-split.jpg

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/PL-TV-split-13-14-forecasts1.jpg

..and now with £20m from Cabaye our war chest should be sitting at £60m.

:laugh:

I get the feeling the guy doesn't officially "pay back" any of the loans the club owes him to put off any potential buyers/investors. He trousers profit but it isn't reflected in any official account,

You think he commits fraud?

It was in the last set of accounts how much he had taken out and planned to take out.

Depends how you count the non payment of sponsorship around the stadium, that's money we now no longer get which benefits him but doesn't appear on any accounts.

I would say that we have around £40m, not £60m since our wages are much higher than last year's. The £40m factors in the wages for players like Cabella and Grenier, who at this point would be earning more than Cabaye did when he signed for us. There are also expected wage increases for Ben Arfa and assumed wages for new strikers. It is still a substantial amount of money that we have left to spend, and that is for this window and the summer window. We are still operating at a £25m surplus when you factor in the Wonga deal, so we should have £30m to spend next January and the summer after. If we decide to expedite that cash then we're looking at £50m now and January. Either way, there is a lot of room financially to spend exactly what we make, and make the team far more competitive, assuming Pardew doesn't get to pick the signings.

Even if we spend £60m in the next two seasons without selling a single player, we should still be breaking even financially, and that's assuming the better players that we bought does not lead us into Europe.

Guest neesy111

Its not?

That included around 12M being paid back to Ashley btw.

Its not?

Yep, but presumably every club makes debt repayments. Don't think I can face the argument about how much we should be paying back!

Guest Roger Kint

Its not?

That didnt affect the profit though

Technically the Emporium of Tat sponsorship does show up in the accounts through the reduction in revenue - there's nothing in law to say that you need to charge for advertising although if we are classed as a related party to SPPlc then the markt value would need to be disclosed (at a very high level) in the SD accounts and there would be a profit adjustment for tax purposes.

Guest bimpy474

We got James Tomkins money now!

Having seen him recently, what the fuck was Pardew thinking trying to sign him? :(

You sound surprised by a bloke who thought Obertan was good, and continually plays Ameobi ahead of Ben Arfa.

Actually, I calculate it at £95.9m if you go by the other euro conversions in there. (RM: €518.9=£444.7 -> €1=£0.857, so €111.9=£95.9)

Actually, I calculate it at £95.9m if you go by the other euro conversions in there. (RM: €518.9=£444.7 -> €1=£0.857, so €111.9=£95.9)

where do we think the money is going? obviously to his backpocket to recover all money the club owes him.

The wages should be lower since we're counting them as transfer spend.  If we pay £1.5m for a player and count it as a £3m out of the transfer kitty to account for his wages over the contract then that players wages aren't added to the wage calculations, right?  People kept on saying part of the Carroll cash had gone on Tiote's bumper new contract so he's not in our wage calculations, yeah?

Our wage bill should be fucking tiny with our bullshit accounting.

Guest bimpy474

The wages should be lower since we're counting them as transfer spend.  If we pay £1.5m for a player and count it as a £3m out of the transfer kitty to account for his wages over the contract then that players wages aren't added to the wage calculations, right?  People kept on saying part of the Carroll cash had gone on Tiote's bumper new contract so he's not in our wage calculations, yeah?

Aye i dont get this shit either. If true surely Cabaye's wages from the remainder of his contract will now be added to the transfer kitty.

This system seems to only work one way like.

Aye i dont get this shit either. If true surely Cabaye's wages from the remainder of his contract will now be added to the transfer kitty.

This system seems to only work one way like.

Maybe we can reverse buy out his contract in an anti-webster ruling so the transfer ends up costing us a big wad of cash.

Guest bimpy474

It is a sad day when a person makes you think that they are less worth then dogshit under your shoes. Get to fucking spending fatty or get out.