Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

We're making the mistake of thinking Ashley wants a football club.  He doesn't he wants a platform to advertise his shitty companies worldwide and given the coverage of the PL he gets that.

Mid table is perfect for that, small squad with fewer games, no ambition to raise expectations.  We either have to accept that this is going to be the way under Ashley or get out because he's going nowhere.  He has the club exactly where he wants it and it serves his purpose well.

I understand, I just go because I like watching 11 people in a Newcastle shirt play football against another team to see who's better on the day. And I love the experience of going to SJP, since I only go every so often. As I've said loads, if you think about the bigger picture of winning things etc then it's obviously very depressing.

And that hasn't changed really for the best part of 60 years, so why it's so tragic now is beyond me.

It has? As far as I'm aware, we haven't been past the fourth round of ANY domestic cup competition since Ashley took over. Pardew has won one FA cup game with Newcastle ever. When was the last time we went that long without even a cup jog, never mind a cup run?

Of all of Ashley's pisstakes, this transfer window is the biggest.

There will surely be an inevitable knock on effect on attendances now. Fans won't be having this.

You reckon?  I don't

What's basically happened here is that by deciding against spending the Cabaye money, the regime has effectively written this season off. Safe from relegation, no danger of qualifying for europe now, and no pesky cup games to tire out our fragile players. I'm not even an Ashley basher, I would rather stick with the devil I know if truth be told. A new owner is as likely to fleece the club as develop it.

But what do we do for the rest of this season? Meander about mid-table while we keep our powder dry for the summer (again)?

"danger of qualifying for europe" -- the mere fact this is true about the board's thinking is plain ridiculous.

And don't agree with devil you know stuff - esp in this case. To me, its very defeatist to accept that - it could be a Tan or Venkys or it could be a John Henry. I'd take my odds on it being more in-between than as rock bottom as Mike Ashley & Vincent Tan.

Not saying you are defeatist, just my opinion on that type of thought.

What's basically happened here is that by deciding against spending the Cabaye money, the regime has effectively written this season off. Safe from relegation, no danger of qualifying for europe now, and no pesky cup games to tire out our fragile players. I'm not even an Ashley basher, I would rather stick with the devil I know if truth be told. A new owner is as likely to fleece the club as develop it.

But what do we do for the rest of this season? Meander about mid-table while we keep our powder dry for the summer (again)?

"danger of qualifying for europe" -- the mere fact this is true about the board's thinking is plain ridiculous.

And don't agree with devil you know stuff - esp in this case. To me, its very defeatist to accept that - it could be a Tan or Venkys or it could be a John Henry. I'd take my odds on it being more in-between than as rock bottom as Mike Ashley & Vincent Tan.

Not saying you are defeatist, just my opinion on that type of thought.

Vincent Tan is a nutbag of the highest order but even their fans will tell you he's ambitious about the club. In a Bond-villain way, but still cares about taking the club places (got'em promoted right away).

And look at him, he just graduated!

http://i3.walesonline.co.uk/incoming/article5138684.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/tan1-5138684.jpg

No one is a going to protest at the derby because they want the atmosphere to inspire the players and because it's a derby the police will be moving supporters from SJP as soon as possible.

By the time our next home game has came round time has passed and the anger will subside.

The derby fixture has played right into his hands so he can get away with spending fuck all.

Guest snoopythewriter

It sounds crazy, but one day he's going to push it too far and a fan will snap and will likely kill him. Seriously.

No one is a going to protest at the derby because they want the atmosphere to inspire the players and because it's a derby the police will be moving supporters from SJP as soon as possible.

By the time our next home game has came round time has passed and the anger will subside.

The derby fixture has played right into his hands so he can get away with spending f*** all.

Unless we get tonked by the Mackems no?