Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

A 20 million profit on transfer fees, a 60 million TV revenue windfall and improved profitability from our catering and retail activities. We're going to post an absolute monster profit this season. Ashley is really showing all these Arab and Russian club owners how it's done.. :rolleyes:

Wonga deal was according to them (not that I trust the c***s) much better than the Northern Rock/Virgin Money one as well, wasn't it?

Didn't they say at the time it would "put another player on the pitch"?

I think they did :thup:

They didnt say whose pitch

:lol:

My first post on my "Mike Ashley Lies" blog in a few years.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/i-will-not-let-any-player-leave.html

It started off as an explanation of why anger might have dissipated over a couple of years but disillusionment has returned after 2 windows without a buy...then we sold Cabaye while it was unfinished and it lost any direction and turned into an emo moan.

Wow, this paragraph really rung a bell:

That’s not to belittle the work done by Graham Carr, some of his finds have been better than we could have hoped, given the prices paid, but it’s in having found the very best that your budget can stretch to that you must then stretch your budget further if you’re to make any further strides. Failure to do so will disillusion those players that arrived cheap and can go on to bigger and better things. Worse though, it will disillusion the remaining fans that had bought in to the improvements, despite the off-field fuck-ups. Those players using us as a stepping stone can move on. We cannot.

My first post on my "Mike Ashley Lies" blog in a few years.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/i-will-not-let-any-player-leave.html

It started off as an explanation of why anger might have dissipated over a couple of years but disillusionment has returned after 2 windows without a buy...then we sold Cabaye while it was unfinished and it lost any direction and turned into an emo moan.

Excellent read. Totally agree.

http://i43.tinypic.com/34i2q84.jpg

Wasnt there about £25m outstanding on previous fees he had to pay?

He obviously was aware of this, as it would have been readily available information that even the lightest due diligence would have clarified. Oh wait.

I get the feeling the guy doesn't officially "pay back" any of the loans the club owes him to put off any potential buyers/investors. He trousers profit but it isn't reflected in any official account,

You think he commits fraud?

It was in the last set of accounts how much he had taken out and planned to take out.

I get the feeling the guy doesn't officially "pay back" any of the loans the club owes him to put off any potential buyers/investors. He trousers profit but it isn't reflected in any official account,

It was in the last set of accounts how much he had taken out and planned to take out.

Absolutely wouldn't put fraud past him, no.

Howay, why would he bother with that? He's a billionaire and Sports Direct is doubling in value every week or whatever.

Howay, why would he bother with that? He's a billionaire and Sports Direct is doubling in value every week or whatever.

I don't think he takes that much out, I just don't think he wants to invest more than the club can afford. He wants the club in profit and self sufficient rather than taking approach of other clubs and spending in the hope they improve, although also in a lot more debt than us and quite risky. Ashley does not appear to want to take risks and therefore insists we spend right within our means.

I don't think he takes that much out, I just don't think he wants to invest more than the club can afford. He wants the club in profit and self sufficient rather than taking approach of other clubs and spending in the hope they improve, although also in a lot more debt than us and quite risky. Ashley does not appear to want to take risks and therefore insists we spend right within our means.

My view as well.

Little bit silly :lol:

The club isn't even spending within it's means, if you factor in that we haven't permanently signed a first team player for the last two transfer windows (assuming de Jong on loan is the only deal this window) Begs the question - where is the money going?

Guest Roger Kint

http://i43.tinypic.com/34i2q84.jpg

Wasnt there about £25m outstanding on previous fees he had to pay?

He obviously was aware of this, as it would have been readily available information that even the lightest due diligence would have clarified. Oh wait.

That has nothing to do with anything at all but never mind, its including sales in that first window where the money went against outstanding fees(probably on the same players knowing Fred)

The club isn't even spending within it's means, if you factor in that we haven't permanently signed a first team player for the last two transfer windows (assuming de Jong on loan is the only deal this window) Begs the question - where is the money going?

Can't be answered without the accounts.

Guest Roger Kint

Its not?

Its not?

It's spending way, way less than is coming in. Ashley runs the club like paupers, but it's far from it.