Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The sad thing about Newcastle is that under Mike Ashley we lack both the ambition and the will to challenge for anything other than survival. Ironically, it is amusing to watch Mike Ashley "panic buy" players as soon as relegation is a genuine threath.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Hard to justify our lack of spending especially when other clubs who aren't that well off are getting deals done in both windows. Unless he is saving it in the coffers and waiting for the huge PL money deals bubble to burst , yeah I know I'm clutching at some big straws  :lol:

I said at the start of the season i was doing a one man protest.  :sad: That i wasn't gonna put any money into NUFC until Mike Ashley did, or at least showed some sort of commitment to taking the club forward. I was hoping, foolishly i know, that there'd be a change of direction in January. I think it's safe to say that hasn't happened. Here's to another six months supporting (from a distance) the club in a coma.

I haven't been to a game since 2010 when I lived in England for a while. Up until the summer of 2012 it was because of financial reasons. I was still curious of the club's direction, mainly because of the Cissé signing and because it seemed as if the strategy we had in place was working.

That summer window with us only signing Anita, the Wonga deal, the unwillingness to sack Pardew during the spring of 2013 despite plunging towards relegation, the appointment of Kinnear, the summer window of 2013, the information coming out about SD not paying for advertising, the operative collaboration with regards to nufcdirect.com, the censoring of the NE media, the sale of Cabaye and way too predictable inability to reinvest the money in a replacement - it's decided it for me.

I'd fucking love to go, I'd take off work 5-6 times a year and pay what it costs to do both home and away games. But I won't, not while this motherfucker is in charge. It hurts, because I love this club with all my heart and I want to be there from time to time. He makes it impossible.

I understand, I just go because I like watching 11 people in a Newcastle shirt play football against another team to see who's better on the day. And I love the experience of going to SJP, since I only go every so often. As I've said loads, if you think about the bigger picture of winning things etc then it's obviously very depressing.

If you can't dream then things become very sad.... That's where we are at the moment, made even worse by the knowledge that with a little extra investment we could really have challenged for CL.

What a TWA* he is!

I don't know to what extent I could ever be regarded as an Ashley sympathiser - I have always thought that, to a certain extent, our transfer policy is vaguely sensible and the model of buying undervalued players with a view to making money on them and exploiting undervalued foreign markets for a club like us makes sense.

But quite frankly, the summer transfer window and this window have been an absolute disgrace.  The complete lack of ambition and desire to compete in any meaningful way is soul-destroying.

Selling your best player and not lining up a replacement is pure negligence and I hope (without much expectation) that the media go to town on this.  To be in a situation where we have allegedly agreed to let Cabaye go in January (and I assume had an inkling that he might be leaving soon before the summer of 2013) and have ONE player earmarked as a potential replacement is baffling.  To only start negotiations after you have sold Cabaye is the act of a cretin.

I understand, I just go because I like watching 11 people in a Newcastle shirt play football against another team to see who's better on the day. And I love the experience of going to SJP, since I only go every so often. As I've said loads, if you think about the bigger picture of winning things etc then it's obviously very depressing.

And that hasn't changed really for the best part of 60 years, so why it's so tragic now is beyond me.

I don't know to what extent I could ever be regarded as an Ashley sympathiser - I have always thought that, to a certain extent, our transfer policy is vaguely sensible and the model of buying undervalued players with a view to making money on them and exploiting undervalued foreign markets for a club like us makes sense.

But quite frankly, the summer transfer window and this window have been an absolute disgrace.  The complete lack of ambition and desire to compete in any meaningful way is soul-destroying.

Selling your best player and not lining up a replacement is pure negligence and I hope (without much expectation) that the media go to town on this.  To be in a situation where we have allegedly agreed to let Cabaye go in January (and I assume had an inkling that he might be leaving soon before the summer of 2013) and have ONE player earmarked as a potential replacement is baffling.  To only start negotiations after you have sold Cabaye is the act of a cretin.

:sadnod:

And that hasn't changed really for the best part of 60 years, so why it's so tragic now is beyond me.

Exactly. If anything it's more understandable because of the wealth that has gone into the likes of Chelsea and Man City. It's not really a sporting competition in the proper sense of the word.

Exactly. If anything it's more understandable because of the wealth that has gone into the likes of Chelsea and Man City. It's not really a sporting competition in the proper sense of the word.

Everton always seem to want to make a fist of things.

Everton always seem to want to make a fist of things.

Aye they're doing well. But also reliant on a loan striker. Let's see how they do longer term.

They've been better than us for bloody ages.

Well OK, I don't really have a position on this, I didn't bring up Everton. All I mean with regards to teams like that is, it remains to be seen whether they'll finish 5th/6th and then spend £50m or whatever to shoot for the top 4. Or whether they have a ceiling due to their budget.

Guest bimpy474

:lol: because it's happening NOW. Points like this are ridiculous, "don't be angry now it's been happening for years" okay cool, I'll just forget it then

Spot on, I cant believe some of the shit i'm reading in here, it's mental. People have gone mental.