Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I understand, I just go because I like watching 11 people in a Newcastle shirt play football against another team to see who's better on the day. And I love the experience of going to SJP, since I only go every so often. As I've said loads, if you think about the bigger picture of winning things etc then it's obviously very depressing.

And that hasn't changed really for the best part of 60 years, so why it's so tragic now is beyond me.

Exactly. If anything it's more understandable because of the wealth that has gone into the likes of Chelsea and Man City. It's not really a sporting competition in the proper sense of the word.

Everton always seem to want to make a fist of things.

Aye they're doing well. But also reliant on a loan striker. Let's see how they do longer term.

They've done well with the resources they have had, i know they had Moyes for a solid 10 year stint, had some bad seasons but also broke into the champs league on a small budget.

They made the switch to a new manager who has them playing some decent football, good on the eye. 

As a club their asperiations have changed since Moyes frist arrived from staying up, squad rebuilding to champions league football and now looking like a solid top 6 side.

As long as Ashley is here is about treading water, keep heads above water and try not to drown.

Thats it. 

I understand, I just go because I like watching 11 people in a Newcastle shirt play football against another team to see who's better on the day. And I love the experience of going to SJP, since I only go every so often. As I've said loads, if you think about the bigger picture of winning things etc then it's obviously very depressing.

And that hasn't changed really for the best part of 60 years, so why it's so tragic now is beyond me.

Exactly. If anything it's more understandable because of the wealth that has gone into the likes of Chelsea and Man City. It's not really a sporting competition in the proper sense of the word.

Everton always seem to want to make a fist of things.

Aye they're doing well. But also reliant on a loan striker. Let's see how they do longer term.

They've done well with the resources they have had, i know they had Moyes for a solid 10 year stint, had some bad seasons but also broke into the champs league on a small budget.

They made the switch to a new manager who has them playing some decent football, good on the eye. 

As a club their asperiations have changed since Moyes frist arrived from staying up, squad rebuilding to champions league football and now looking like a solid top 6 side.

As long as Ashley is here is about treading water, keep heads above water and try not to drown.

Thats it. 

I don't know there's that much difference between that description of Everton and us really, except they went for a better manager eventually. But even that was mainly because Moyes wanted to go to Man Utd. If he had stayed he probably would have been in charge now. 

The current situation is "tragic" because the current regime is blatently taking the piss out of their customers - the loyal supporters of NUFC.

That is the point that you, and others, are so tragically missing.

Anyone advocating anything positive about Mike Ashley should close their browser, turn off their televisions and pack it in.

He's been slowly destroying this club since the day he took over and our only hope of salvation is when someone buys our club off his hands or...

Anyone advocating anything positive about Mike Ashley should close their browser, turn off their televisions and pack it in.

He's been slowly destroying this club since the day he took over and our only hope of salvation is when someone buys our club off his hands or...

Hear hear.

Guest neesy111

:clap:

Game set and match.

Thank fuck someone is talking sense for once.  :clap:

Guest bimpy474

Checkmate... it's impossible to respond when you've closed your browser. Very clever Kanji, very clever indeed.

Is he right ?

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Of course I'm right - if someone supports Newcastle United, and they still have something positive thing to say about Mike Ashley, they really have something deeper, darker and more wrong with them that needs sorting if they are still trying to justify balancing the old books as something he should be applauded for.

You'd think watching the club sell it's best player and having 6 months, 6 F**KING MONTHS, to find the right replacement, and then watch them play the usual low-ball f**k about would actually  raise a heckle or 2.

But no, they prance about like a set of mindless groupies, praising ther club for way it does it's business.

Guest Howaythetoon

This f***ing c*** should be thrown to the pigs and get eaten alive!

Howay man, Ian W is entitled to his opinions like all of us!

I'd take a relegation to rid of the three clowns.

painful, but the only way to galvanise support - which remains the only hope, in the short term, to oust Ashley.

The problem, as  I see it, is we`ve played some canny decent stuff this season, enough to marginalise those who were militant enough to stand & be counted. Unless things get considerably worse, apathy will be the deciding factor in determining our short-medium term future.

Its the age old "anger is an energy" thing, without it, the majority will, as has been the case for years, will just remain sick as fuck whilst enjoying the odd day in the sun.

Or maybe it was always meant to be this way?

Either way, I`ll be steaming by 11pm tonight.

What's basically happened here is that by deciding against spending the Cabaye money, the regime has effectively written this season off. Safe from relegation, no danger of qualifying for europe now, and no pesky cup games to tire out our fragile players. I'm not even an Ashley basher, I would rather stick with the devil I know if truth be told. A new owner is as likely to fleece the club as develop it.

But what do we do for the rest of this season? Meander about mid-table while we keep our powder dry for the summer (again)?

:lol: because it's happening NOW. Points like this are ridiculous, "don't be angry now it's been happening for years" okay cool, I'll just forget it then

Spot on, I cant believe some of the shit i'm reading in here, it's mental. People have gone mental.

It hasn't been happening for years though, that's the thing. We might have gone half a century without a trophy but until Ashley took over the desire was always there.

I buy a euromillions ticket every friday not because i think i'm gonna win. But because for a couple of quid outlay i get to daydream about fast cars and yachts and doing coke off multiple russian hooers tits.

And it's the same with NUFC. We've supported them through thin and thinner because there was always the hope of things improving. But this is it folks, with Ashley this is as good as it's ever gonna be. Finish higher up the table? Means we're over-achieving and he can sell the best players. Instead of buying a season ticket you might as well just write the check out to ashley and have done with it, cut out the club altogether.