Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Matt :thup:

The irony in this is for me is that even though I've said I won't be heading back to St James Park any time soon, I may well have to. One of the lads I look after is on about getting a season ticket and as a support worker, I could be asked to take him (as his carer) he pays for his s/t and I would get in for nout. I feel kind of 'meh' about it at the moment, but I have to remind myself that it's part of my job and that it's not me who is giving my cash to the club.

We shall see.

Matt :thup:

The irony in this is for me is that even though I've said I won't be heading back to St James Park any time soon, I may well have to. One of the lads I look after is on about getting a season ticket and as a support worker, I could be asked to take him (as his carer) he pays for his s/t and I would get in for nout. I feel kind of 'meh' about it at the moment, but I have to remind myself that it's part of my job and that it's not me who is giving my cash to the club.

We shall see.

Hope you gave the lad the Ashley-enabler lecture first, whatever happens.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140219/united-freeze-or-reduce-season-ticket-prices_2281670_3676426?

Seems as if this is the first sweetener by the club to try and get those with season ticket's to stay on.

The revision of the price-freeze scheme is part of The Magpies' commitment to making football affordable, with those on ten-year deals paying from as little as £327 for adults, £286 for students and seniors and £90 for juniors for the 2014/15 campaign.

John Irving, finance director at Newcastle United, said: "Keeping football affordable for supporters continues to be a hugely important aim at Newcastle United so we are delighted to announce our ticketing plans for the 2014/15 season.

:slowclap: Well done to the club on this magnanimous gesture. It's great that the club's finance director is delighted at this even though it means the club's matchday revenue will continue to reduce year on year in real terms. Hopefully, in line with the aims of the club, we'll soon be able to match Sunderland's "commitment to making football affordable" by giving away more & more free tickets to games too.

Yet another thing that in isolation is a good move and will get good press but is reflective of the bigger picture. As pointed out, it's typical of Ashley and actually hurts the club. I'd be willing to pay more to see ambition on and off the pitch, all they're doing is trying to make people feel they can't give it up. Well they can fuck off.

Yet another thing that in isolation is a good move and will get good press but is reflective of the bigger picture. As pointed out, it's typical of Ashley and actually hurts the club. I'd be willing to pay more to see ambition on and off the pitch, all they're doing is trying to make people feel they can't give it up. Well they can f*** off.

Im desperetae to get a season ticket back since i jacked it in after the relegation but I just cant bring myself to fund this football club until Ashley leaves.

Im not having the piss taken out of me.

Like others have said, invest the clubs own money into the team, hire a proper manager, high an MD, hire a proper qualifed DoF and allow the team and club to challenge for europe, the cups and the stadum will fill out with fans paying more then enough.

:banghead:

He has absolutely missed the whole point of NUFC and its fans.  :lol:

The lowering of prices is another move in his contraction of our finances. Lowering all costs, minimize all need for revenue in order to keep the club ticking over without any big money going in or out. Sports Direct get free advertising as we don't need other deals to cover any costs.

What frightens me the most is the calculated PR-activities to mislead everyone.

I've said it before, the way he's

a) exploiting the blind loyalty of supporters

b) treating football as a discounted product

c) wrapping the experience of Newcastle United in everything but sporting success

...is kind of fascinating in all it's atrociousness. 

Our "outsourcing" project in France is also perfectly in line with the way he built SD.

The lowering of prices is another move in his contraction of our finances. Lowering all costs, minimize all need for revenue in order to keep the club ticking over without any big money going in or out. Sports Direct get free advertising as we don't need other deals to cover any costs.

What frightens me the most is the calculated PR-activities to mislead everyone.

I've said it before, the way he's

a) exploiting the blind loyalty of supporters

b) treating football as a discounted product

c) wrapping the experience of Newcastle United in everything but sporting success

...is kind of fascinating in all it's atrociousness. 

Our "outsourcing" project in France is also perfectly in line with the way he built SD.

When you're right you're right!