Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest bimpy474

:lol:

Never thought it was Bimpy.

I get what you mean, have to say I just find it refreshing for us not all to be having a pop at each other following every post though.

Broadly speaking we all know where people sit with regard to Ashley, Pardew etc, and we can all air those views/opinions on here without it turning into the often cited .."Your a dick...prat...twat" insult slanging that sometimes occurrs.

Some of the stick Ian W takes seems unjustified imo for instance, dont agree with much of what he says, but the lad seems genuinley a great lad and so passionate about the club..just disagree with most of what he says :lol:..

I have really enjoyed reading Merlin, Incognito and Wullies posts. Thsts why I and maybe others, come back to the forum, not for the slanging matches..

oh and your wit and banter obviously....

and Ronaldos patience and tolerance of all others viewpoints obvs.

I do like Ian W, he's is pretty consistent with his point of view. He gets stick but he takes it well with a good sense of humour. I do like reading the madness of Brett, although he'll never convince me that he doesn't rate Pardew. I still think he's a relation or something :lol:

:lol:

Never thought it was Bimpy.

I get what you mean, have to say I just find it refreshing for us not all to be having a pop at each other following every post though.

Broadly speaking we all know where people sit with regard to Ashley, Pardew etc, and we can all air those views/opinions on here without it turning into the often cited .."Your a dick...prat...t***" insult slanging that sometimes occurrs.

Some of the stick Ian W takes seems unjustified imo for instance, dont agree with much of what he says, but the lad seems genuinley a great lad and so passionate about the club..just disagree with most of what he says :lol:..

I have really enjoyed reading Merlin, Incognito and Wullies posts. Thsts why I and maybe others, come back to the forum, not for the slanging matches..

oh and your wit and banter obviously....

and Ronaldos patience and tolerance of all others viewpoints obvs.

I do like Ian W, he's is pretty consistent with his point of view. He gets stick but he takes it well with a good sense of humour. I do like reading the madness of Brett, although he'll never convince me that he doesn't rate Pardew. I still think he's a relation or something :lol:

I sometimes think it may be him! @the madness of Brett: LOL

Apparently Cox wanted to sign Mark Wright and Kevin Sheedy, but the board wouldn't allow it and that's why he walked.

If we could have signed them two, and I believe Wright would've been possible at that time, Sheedy I doubt would've come then as he was orchestra leader of that fine Everton side of the mid 80s and I'm certain Howard Kendall would've resisted offers for him, then we would have been top 6ish and challenging for Europe imo.

Can we replace the N-O 'thup' emoticon with an emoticon of Page 358 of this thread?

Great to hear the thoughts of those who have experienced the previous boards. Makes me feel like I can justify my emptiness towards the club at present. Shepherd's all I really knew pre-Ashley and whilst he was pretty shit, the "always next year..." fan philosophy could still exist under that stewardship. It doesn't now; not for me, anyway. I'm utterly convinced that we'll achieve nothing historic whilst Ashley is here and I wouldn't have said that (and meant it) under Shepherd.

Yes, other clubs have it worse off than us. But the blind faith - that makes a modern-era NUFC fan what he/she is - is gradually dissipating and that is the greatest implication Mike Ashley has had on this club. That's why he's the worst person ever involved with the club. Imo.

Can we replace the N-O 'thup' emoticon with an emoticon of Page 358 of this thread?

Great to hear the thoughts of those who have experienced the previous boards. Makes me feel like I can justify my emptiness towards the club at present. Shepherd's all I really knew pre-Ashley and whilst he was pretty s***, the "always next year..." fan philosophy could still exist under that stewardship. It doesn't now; not for me, anyway. I'm utterly convinced that we'll achieve nothing historic whilst Ashley is here and I wouldn't have said that (and meant it) under Shepherd.

Yes, other clubs have it worse off than us. But the blind faith - that makes a modern-era NUFC fan what he/she is - is gradually dissipating and that is the greatest implication Mike Ashley has had on this club. That's why he's the worst person ever involved with the club. Imo.

The one thing I would change with ANY other club in the Premiership is an ambition and desire to do better, willingness to spend the money in the bank and being able to dream about winning something without the realisation kicking in that we won't because there's no profit in it.

As such has been said it's the flagrant lies that are bought about our Premiership existence, too many supporters skip along behind the pied piper, singing Ashley's little tune. The cups have died for us and during the sugar daddy era the cups are the only hope for most clubs outside the 'big 4'. Such sad times!

Went to me first home game in late 70's (wolves), and as a kid everything was "WOW!" players, atmosphere, floodlights, the big old stand and lopsided ground, hot dogs, programme with the scratch card thing in corner, swearing haha. It was great. Seemed to win more games than lose, but that's just rose tinted. Me favourite back then was Alan shoulder, lol :love:

Into the early 80's and had favourite players come and go, but overall nothing changed. Then we signed Keegan!!!

I can remember getting into the ground soon as gates opened to get a "seat" on the old concrete crush barriers (short arse) and above everything else the most overriding feeling was "hope we win" regardless of who we played, or what competition it was.

The whole "Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza" thing has been done to death, and at the time I couldn't believe how they could leave us, but to me, back then, it at least looked like we put the money back into the team.

Apart from the Milburn stand not much changed after that for a couple of years, star players gone, replaced with also rans, and a few prospects. But I still remember feeling "this year hopefully we will have a cup run/get promotion/get into Europe" etc

90's and Ozzy was a surprise, a world known star, and he was the first manager I can remember singing for lol, football wasn't the best, but some good young players and again still had this hope we would do something. Crowds had fallen, stadium was terrible.

This is when I first heard about our chairman, them days you rarely did, or cared. The whole magpie group, sack the board etc, was exciting and it seemed had massive support. The club was taken over by the "metro centre gadgy" that's as much as I knew, or was bothered about really, it was "off the pitch".

I was at the oxford away 5-2 shambles, the fog was that bad you couldn't see the goal at the other end of the pitch, we only knew that a goal was scored by the noise of the crowd. lol.

Then totally out of the blue KK was back. I went to his first game, Bristol city 3-0 , and in a few years I saw the stadium transformed totally, good quality players brought in, we were a buying club, not a selling club and we were all talking about who we could sign and not who would be the next star player to leave.

Those few years were amazing, from queuing outside the ground to get in, seeing gates closed as that stand was full and running to the next gate, waiting lists for season tickets etc etc.

The whole sky "experience" also took off the same time that we did, so they went hand in hand then, live football on telly, every weekend, was new. And we were also on, it just couldn't get better.

And it didn't.  :jesuswept:

The past few yeas have worn me down, I've lost interest. The atmosphere is poor, cup games are to be avoided, theres no hope or expectation in fans.

I would love to be able to take my son to a game now, for him to experience it as I did years ago, but its not the same, its about sponsors, its chairmen that are more well know than players, managers that have no balls and are yes men, players in it only for the money, etc etc.

Ashley owns us now for one reason and that's to promote his shitty charva empire, the whole club is turning into just another branch. What was a great proud stadium is now just a huge advertising board.

Hear hear.  Well said jon :clap:

Guest Roger Kint

Sad thing is as well, I bet bar the top 7 and maybe Southampton, I bet there's a helluva lot of club owners & boards wishing they were in our position on & off the pitch.

Off the pitch i bet Southampton & Everton would be over the moon with our position. One is skint and the other has spent £80m or whatever in 2 years. Sadly on the pitch they both at least try to do things, even Everton cash strapped are doing great business

Guest Roger Kint

Has he stopped going to the games? Even Vincent Tan makes an appearance and he is at least as unpopular as Ashley who has either bottled it or just doesn't care.

Was mentioned on here, think its pre Xmas his last game.

Has he stopped going to the games? Even Vincent Tan makes an appearance and he is at least as unpopular as Ashley who has either bottled it or just doesn't care.

I think the last home game he went to was back in September when he was chaperoning JFK.

Guest Roger Kint

I think the last home game he went to was back in September when he was chaperoning JFK.

Could well be true

Could well be true

He was at the Sunderland match.