Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

An English football fan who likes standing with supporters at the match and has comparable wealth to Abramovich was supposed to be the dream ticket.

The intent has never been there though and the vitriol he faces has been entirely of his own making. I saw those numbers and wondered for a moment if it could ever have turned out differently, but I don't think so really.

An English football fan who likes standing with supporters at the match and has comparable wealth to Abramovich was supposed to be the dream ticket.

The intent has never been there though and the vitriol he faces has been entirely of his own making. I saw those numbers and wondered for a moment if it could ever have turned out differently, but I don't think so really.

I'd be surprised if he gave a shit about England let alone Newcastle.

Wealth's irrelevant, sadly. Abramovich is in it to win.

If Mike was in it to win it, he has more than enough cash to invest to make this club a top 4 challenger every single season. That's whats so fucking frustrating by all of this by the way. He's always had more than enough money to take this club where it should be.

137. Roman Abramovich

Net Worth: $9.1 B

Source of wealth: steel, investments

256. Michael Ashley

Net Worth: $5.5 B

Source of wealth: sports retailing

No longer worlds apart, assuming there's any truth at all in these things.

Well apparently we are going to freeze the assets of rich Russian's in the UK so pretty soon Ashley will be pissing all over Abramovich.  :lol:

Guest tollemache

Wealth's irrelevant, sadly. Abramovich is in it to win.

If Mike was in it to win it, he has more than enough cash to invest to make this club a top 4 challenger every single season. That's whats so fucking frustrating by all of this by the way. He's always had more than enough money to take this club where it should be.

Yes, if he fancied making the club his own personal plaything whose every success was nothing to do with its history or support and everything to do with the whim of a billionaire, ready to be tossed aside into bankruptcy when he'd finished having fun. Thankfully neither he nor we want that because the club is big enough to run within its own means and do well.

It'd be nice in a way, if someone just came in and arbitrarily Abramoviched us, but that'd also make Newcastle a part of what I don't like about football. I hope PSG, Monaco, Man City, Anzhi Makhachkala, Chelsea and the rest crash and burn, even if that's a bit hypocritical from someone who loved Milan in the 90's.

I wouldn't want a Mansour. There are elements to our regime that I really favour in comparison to the cohort of trophy-buyers. Aye, clubs have bought success in the past, but not to the extent of plunging a billion pounds in and immediately creating an entirely different club. I'd much rather evolve into a successful club whilst retaining some identity. Obviously, Ashley's way has caused us to lose some of our identity too, but the Man City of today is not something I'd like to see us imitate in favour.

I'd be happy with being city. I'd argue Ashley has eroded far more of our identity than Mansour has. Without any of the success

I think the fact we've still won fuck all leaves our core identity intact. :razz:

137. Roman Abramovich

Net Worth: $9.1 B

Source of wealth: steel, investments

256. Michael Ashley

Net Worth: $5.5 B

Source of wealth: sports retailing

No longer worlds apart, assuming there's any truth at all in these things.

Well apparently we are going to freeze the assets of rich Russian's in the UK so pretty soon Ashley will be pissing all over Abramovich.  :lol:

Er - no...there is NO way we are going to 'freeze' Russian assets; I think you'll find that Frau Merkel, pin-up of all UK major politicians, will have something to say about that - Russia could turn off Europe's gas in retaliation and that's the last thing Germany wants.

As for Ashley pi--ing all over Abramovitch..dream on because NUFC won't see any of it.

Talk of him spending his own money just distracts from the fact he won't even allow the club to spend its own money. All it does is give ammunition to those who think he's great and claim he doesn't owe overly demanding fans anything.

Guest neesy111

Talk of him spending his own money just distracts from the fact he won't even allow the club to spend its own money. All it does is give ammunition to those who think he's great and claim he doesn't owe overly demanding fans anything.

:thup:

Correct.

I'd rather he kept his personal wealth away from the club and just allowed the club to atleast spend its own money.

Clearing his debt with the extra tv money over 4 to 5 seasons with money left for players instead of not doing anything with those profits. Without his leverage on the 'loan interest', we can then sell the advertising space for revenue that goes back into the club.

Nah, too difficult for some to comprehend. Ashley's done well for the club.

Clearing his debt with the extra tv money over 4 to 5 seasons with money left for players instead of not doing anything with those profits. Without his leverage on the 'loan interest', we can then sell the advertising space for revenue that goes back into the club.

Nah, too difficult for some to comprehend. Ashley's done well for the club.

He is strangling the club/team/fans.

:thup: Spot-on.