Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Wealth's irrelevant, sadly. Abramovich is in it to win.

If Mike was in it to win it, he has more than enough cash to invest to make this club a top 4 challenger every single season. That's whats so fucking frustrating by all of this by the way. He's always had more than enough money to take this club where it should be.

Yes, if he fancied making the club his own personal plaything whose every success was nothing to do with its history or support and everything to do with the whim of a billionaire, ready to be tossed aside into bankruptcy when he'd finished having fun. Thankfully neither he nor we want that because the club is big enough to run within its own means and do well.

It'd be nice in a way, if someone just came in and arbitrarily Abramoviched us, but that'd also make Newcastle a part of what I don't like about football. I hope PSG, Monaco, Man City, Anzhi Makhachkala, Chelsea and the rest crash and burn, even if that's a bit hypocritical from someone who loved Milan in the 90's.

:lol: Absolutely ridiculous. Even worse than the Portsmouth/Leeds scare tactics when anyone suggests a net transfer spend for a club our size might be nice.

I don't know anything about the foreign clubs, but Man City & Chelsea wouldn't inevitably "crash and burn" and wont be "tossed aside into bankruptcy" when their owners eventually leave. Obviously without outside injections of cash they'd have to curb their spending and reduce their wage bill, and without good new ownership they would eventually slip back into the pack. With particularly bad new ownership they may in time go under, but it would be completely because of the new owners not because of the old one leaving. Chelsea's turnover for 2013 was £260m without Abramovich artificially subsidising it. That doesn't go away overnight however much you hope it might or pretend it will (if the new owner was Ashley he might make a good fist of it like).

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, trollmarra, that we don't need to become a billionaire's dalliance in the sun until he sickens of it, nobody is saying exactly that.

Even if Mike Ashley cared 30% more about the club, and how that by simply increasing both communication with the fans and his net spend by a measly 30% more than the current vacuum we have to suffer, this club would be higher in the table. And be safe and sound and not go up in the flames of bankruptcy.

I'm not sure we'd be that much higher in the table if we spent 30% more TBH, possibly a place or two.

Would you be OK with spending 30% less (I know, what is 30% of nothing?) and dropping a place or two?

I don't really have any views on specific amounts of spending. I want us to invest all our profits in the club, after modest debt repayments. But I don't mean only in transfer fees. Beyond that I find it impossible to say how much we should or shouldn't spend.

I'm not sure we'd be that much higher in the table if we spent 30% more TBH, possibly a place or two.

I'd take even a single place higher, to be honest. Next season is right now looking like a fucking storm for us all to get ready for. We need to fucking spend.

Within our means, of course.

A place or two would have us probably qualifying for Europe and within touching distance of the Champions League for future seasons. We'd be able to convince players that we intend to push on, just by showing them the league table.

I'm really hoping you aren't saying that the above wouldn't be worthwhile, because that would be absolutely typical of the disgusting lack of ambition that permeates the entire club at present.

Nah I mean, every league place is better for all sorts of reasons. That's the point of a football club from the point of view of the fans. I was thinking in terms of Ashley, considering return on investment for any extra money he spends.

Clearing his debt with the extra tv money over 4 to 5 seasons with money left for players instead of not doing anything with those profits. Without his leverage on the 'loan interest', we can then sell the advertising space for revenue that goes back into the club.

Nah, too difficult for some to comprehend. Ashley's done well for the club.

You Sir, Can eat my cheesy helmet. Right after a piss.

Your mental, He's raped the club and the fans

Clearing his debt with the extra tv money over 4 to 5 seasons with money left for players instead of not doing anything with those profits. Without his leverage on the 'loan interest', we can then sell the advertising space for revenue that goes back into the club.

Nah, too difficult for some to comprehend. Ashley's done well for the club.

You Sir, Can eat my cheesy helmet. Right after a p*ss.

Your mental, He's raped the club and the fans

:lol: You can keep your helmet on.

Dave knows.  :snod:

If Ahley had put the 20 million a year of his own money in as promised for the last 7 years, allowed the club to spend the money it makes rather than posting huge profits year on year, knew how to grow commercial revenues rather than use us as a SD billboard and bothered to appoint a good manager and staff we could very feasibly be challenging for Champions League tbh.

If Ahley had put the 20 million a year of his own money in as promised for the last 7 years, allowed the club to spend the money it makes rather than posting huge profits year on year, knew how to grow commercial revenues rather than use us as a SD billboard and bothered to appoint a good manager and staff we could very feasibly be challenging for Champions League tbh.

And there's our problem and why he'll probably end up with Rangers eventually. He doesn't give a shit about the fans or particularly what happens on the pitch other than being safe. Spurs do what you do pretty much and have played in the Champions League once. Putting yourself in Ashley's mindset, why spend that and go through that bother just to qualify for the Europa League?

Why not? Spurs have seen their on and off the pitch profile grow immensely during that period, and I'm pretty sure their owner(s) could sell at a significant profit if they wanted to. Why buy a PL club and not even try to make it the best it can be?

I'm not disagreeing with you by the way. Even without £20m a year of his own money, that's what we should be doing and should be aiming for.

But as I said, we know what Mike Ashley's like, he's not going to put that money in to finish 5th-6th with possibility of maybe finishing ahead of someone like Arsenal, Liverpool and Man Utd once they sort their shit out.

Mike Ashley snubs Newcastle MP's peace offering

P.S. Please don't bother Mike again.

By Adrian Pearson, The Chronicle, 5th March 2014

The Chronicle can today reveal the blunt rejection Newcastle United owner Mr Ashley handed a Labour MP attempting to draw a line under the club-versus-politicians Tyneside split. Peace overtures between Mike Ashley and the Labour party were rejected with a ‘don’t email me personally’ reply. Last autumn, Newcastle Central MP Chi Onwurah sent a personal letter (see below) to Mr Ashley in an attempt to improve relations. Her peace offering included a chance for tea in the House of Commons, in the grand settings of the historic Pugin Room.

Ms Onwurah, a great supporter of Newcastle United, was trying to build bridges with the media-shy tycoon who has set himself at odds with the Labour party after his decision to partner up with club sponsors Wonga. Her attempts though, met with just but a one-line reply from Mr Ashley’s right hand man, Lee Charnley, and a demand that the MP doesn’t write to Mr Ashley anymore.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/Newcastle%205/letter-6773335_zps016b6bfd.jpg

Read More - http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/ps-please-dont-bother-mike-6772951

"I have to advise that Mike Ashley must politely decline your invitation, and I would kindly ask that all future correspondence be directed to me here."

Aye, blunt as fuck that from Charnley. Bordering on verbal gbh. :lol:

What a ridiculous story.