Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Doesn't this free advertising get classed as a benefit in kind by the Revenue and therefore he should be subject to tax?

I thought that, but, there's a VAT exemption available for goods and services transferred between companies in the same group which he's probably taking advantage of.

One thing I don't get is why its Sports Direct plastered around the ground for 90% of the time/available space.

Everyone knows that if you want a pair of trainers you got to the Emporium of tat, so why not vary it up a bit and advertise his in store brands. Off the top of my head.... Kangol, Karrimor, Lonsdale, Firetrap, Dunlop, Slazenger - are all owned by MA or Sports direct - why not promote these brands rather than the roof they are sold under?

It wouldn't have a single piece of impact on the finances of NUFC, but at least the stadium would show some variety, and you would think also drive benefits to our esteemed owner

The exposure is diluted if it's not done in a gaudy manner.

one thing is certain saying get out of our club killed us. If we had good relationship with Ashley I doubt we have all this problem with Pardew. Also if I am Ashley why would I sack Pardew. A manager who take all the flack for me to make my enemies happy. I would be shocked and happy if sack Pardew but I give is less than 5 % chance.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Oldham close to record sponsorship deal that could see Boundary Park renamed.

Oldham Athletic are on the verge of signing a significant sponsorship deal that could see Boundary Park renamed.

M.E.N. Sport understands Latics officials are in advanced talks with sportswear giants Sports Direct over a five-year agreement.

The blokes trying to take over the world starting one club at a time. Its obvious that the deal with NUFC and Rangers must be beneficial to him financially.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-boundary-park-renamed-sports-7030655

Guest Roger Kint

13 pages back

It would take all day to trawl through every post ! 

Took me under 5 seconds to search 'oldham'

Plus its 3 weeks old

Guest thenorthumbrian

13 pages back

Plus its 3 weeks old

Super.

13 pages back

Plus its 3 weeks old

Super.

The forum has got proper paranoid of the 'Giggs' :lol:

Why didn't you search for Oldham just in case man, ffs!

Guest Roger Kint

13 pages back

Plus its 3 weeks old

Super.

The forum has got proper paranoid of the 'Giggs' :lol:

Why didn't you search for Oldham just in case man, ffs!

Its only cos he turns up once a few month, posts a series of the same shit then disappears again :lol:

Tbf the article is 24 April, what were the odds this forum missed it entirely? A place where Oldtype was found on Korean TV ffs :lol:

It does annoy me a little when something pretty big happens and someone comes on here days later and posts it as brand new information but something like this? I can see why someone could think it went under the radar, didn't care then, don't care now tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

It does annoy me a little when something pretty big happens and someone comes on here days later and posts it as brand new information but something like this? I can see why someone could think it went under the radar, didn't care then, don't care now tbh.

Well my first post was to highlight when people did care, like you said its a non story really so should have just ignored it i guess

I have no doubt that Ashley and pals probably chucked in a pre-season friendly with us to sweeten any sponsorship deal. No coincidence that two of the three domestic sides we are playing have very clear links to Sports Direct.

Well my first post was to highlight when people did care, like you said its a non story really so should have just ignored it i guess

Sorry it really wasn't a dig at you, just the whole "Shit can I post this? it might have been posted once before!!" thing.

He doesn't even have to do much. Just sack Pardew, get a manager for footballing reasons and sign players where we need and I think people would still go. Surely Charnley or even Carr are making him aware of this?

Guest neesy111

Ironically it could be that putting so much pressure on to sack Pardew has actually made his position more secure - we all know what a contrary twat Ashley likes to be.

This could be true sadly.