Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Not been following the discussion, if any, but why did they effectively give the naming rights away for free by selling it for just £1?

Jabba was asked for cash to buy some shares. He was asked for about £300,000. In exchange, Jabba would get exclusive distibution rights for Rangers' merchandise and branded outlets. Charles Green, the then chief executive of Rangers, usually had his own notary public draw up contracts of this nature. In this case, Ashley's people drew up the contract and whisked it up to Ibrox. Green didn't spot the '£1 for naming rights' clause in the contract, and signed it. Green then spent c.£400,000 trying to get the contract annulled - without success.

In short - Ashley tricked him.

A c*nts trick, and it would actually be quite funny if Jabba wasn't our owner.

Still makes me laugh that they took Llambias up to Glasgow, put him in front of a load of Rangers supporters and told them that they had bought Demba Ba with the money that Sports Direct had paid for the advertising.

Started as they mean to go on with Rangers, as they did with us, lying through their teeth about anything and everything. Absolute scum.

Not been following the discussion, if any, but why did they effectively give the naming rights away for free by selling it for just £1?

Jabba was asked for cash to buy some shares. He was asked for about £300,000. In exchange, Jabba would get exclusive distibution rights for Rangers' merchandise and branded outlets. Charles Green, the then chief executive of Rangers, usually had his own notary public draw up contracts of this nature. In this case, Ashley's people drew up the contract and whisked it up to Ibrox. Green didn't spot the '£1 for naming rights' clause in the contract, and signed it. Green then spent c.£400,000 trying to get the contract annulled - without success.

In short - Ashley tricked him.

A c*nts trick, and it would actually be quite funny if Jabba wasn't our owner.

How on earth Green's lawyers and solicitors not spot this clause written into the contract ???

Sounds extremely far-fetched to me.

Yeah, I'm aware your owner isn't the most gentlemanly businessman around, but this kind of stunt it's not the stuff you do when you will be doing business with a lot more people in the future.

And I still find incredible that Green wouldn't have spotted that, even if he didn't draw up the contract.

Sounds extremely far-fetched to me.

Yeah, I'm aware your owner isn't the most gentlemanly businessman around, but this kind of stunt it's not the stuff you do when you will be doing business with a lot more people in the future.

And I still find incredible that Green wouldn't have spotted that, even if he didn't draw up the contract.

Did he not review the contract? Did his business people or counsel not? Sounds mad to me.

Got talking to a lad at the gym who was working out in a Wonga shirt for some reason. He said he didn't have too much of a problem with how Ashley runs the club because - and I'm not making this up - we wouldn't want to end up like Leeds or Portsmouth.

Said Pardew was a negative arsehole who shouldn't have forced out our most talented attacker though, so he wasn't a complete div.

Now commence the character assassination of Dave's gym pal who dared to have a balanced view :) Taking the comment for what it sounds like, is that it could be worse.. tend to agree depending on whether you prefer the club in League 1/2 without Ashley or in the Prem with.

Now commence the character assassination of Dave's gym pal who dared to have a balanced view :) Taking the comment for what it sounds like, is that it could be worse.. tend to agree depending on whether you prefer the club in League 1/2 without Ashley or in the Prem with.

Aye, it's not ridiculous hyperbole and possibly the world's biggest cliché or owt.

Still makes me laugh that they took Llambias up to Glasgow, put him in front of a load of Rangers supporters and told them that they had bought Demba Ba with the money that Sports Direct had paid for the advertising.

Started as they mean to go on with Rangers, as they did with us, lying through their teeth about anything and everything. Absolute scum.

is that real?  fucking hell :lol:

is that real?  f***ing hell :lol:

We got Ba for nowt so for once they were telling the truth.

is that real?  fucking hell :lol:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/news/rangers-close-in-on-deal-to-rename-ibrox-117407n.20408085

"We had a meeting a few weeks ago with the supporters and invited Sports Direct. We had a presentation from Derek Llambias, the chief executive of Newcastle, who spoke to about 400 Rangers supporters about how that worked for him at Newcastle.

"How that money bought Demba Ba and, after 29 goals, he sold him for £7.5m and bought Sissoko with that money."