Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Still makes me laugh that they took Llambias up to Glasgow, put him in front of a load of Rangers supporters and told them that they had bought Demba Ba with the money that Sports Direct had paid for the advertising.

Started as they mean to go on with Rangers, as they did with us, lying through their teeth about anything and everything. Absolute scum.

is that real?  f***ing hell :lol:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/mobile/news/rangers-close-in-on-deal-to-rename-ibrox-117407n.20408085

"We had a meeting a few weeks ago with the supporters and invited Sports Direct. We had a presentation from Derek Llambias, the chief executive of Newcastle, who spoke to about 400 Rangers supporters about how that worked for him at Newcastle.

"How that money bought Demba Ba and, after 29 goals, he sold him for £7.5m and bought Sissoko with that money."

Yes and then trousered the £5.5m left over from the £2m Sissoko fee.

I hate this s****! It's all down to the humongous increase of media revenue which that fat w***** has ZERO control over! All other revenue streams are down since he bought us!

"Newcastle are in excellent financial shape thanks to the prudency of the Ashley regime"

http://media.joe.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/VinceMcMahon-swagger.gif

Oh hell yeah. 

Seen the article on twitter read it and quickly came back down to earth when I realised it was based on conjecture rather than facts..  FFS. 

Could be something in it, I wouldn't dismiss it outright, however this is old information and only seeing light due to the rangers situation.

At some point it make sense for him to buy rangers and spend very little to get them in the CL year on year advertising sports direct on a grander scale than he can do here.

The more stories that come out the better, with investors recently looking at villa & Everton there are buyers out there, maybe we catch someone's eye and something comes of it. Certainly can't harm our situation.