Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I'm thinking Mike Ashley won't sack Pardew as he'll want Pardew to quit so he doesn't have to pay him any compensation. If Ashley doesn't sack Pardew before the Hull game then he's basically sending Pardew into the lion's den. Ashley may be hoping the fans break Pardew's death grip on the NUFC manager's job.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew is just a symptom, Ashley is the disease.

Really starting to hate this way of thinking. No fans are saying Ashley isnt a huge problem but its one we have little control over unless somebody is prepared to buy us. That doesnt mean you should ignore the symptoms alltogether, removing Pardew makes living day to day that bit easier to deal with. Its almost impossible for us to go backwards on the pitch so action is needed before we are beyond saving.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm thinking Mike Ashley won't sack Pardew as he'll want Pardew to quit so he doesn't have to pay him any compensation. If Ashley doesn't sack Pardew before the Hull game then he's basically sending Pardew into the lion's den. Ashley may be hoping the fans break Pardew's death grip on the NUFC manager's job.

Said this a lot but i refuse to believe a businessman like Ashley famed for cutting costs hasnt put a clause in his deal for this. No way on earth will he pay the full contract up man

He sacked Allardyce and Hughton and eventually had to fork out for Keegan as well. I've no doubt he'll have covered himself this time, and he won't be waiting for Pardew to quit because he gave the man an eight-year deal - he will never walk away.

Guest Roger Kint

He sacked Allardyce and Hughton and eventually had to fork out for Keegan as well. I've no doubt he'll have covered himself this time, and he won't be waiting for Pardew to quit because he gave the man an eight-year deal - he will never walk away.

:thup: The Fat Sam sacking burnt him badly, no chance of a repeat now.

Even if you could magically change the owner overnight into a decent one the football would still be shit under Pardew. He's responsible for what happens on the park, he's been given a squad littered with internationals and just can't get them performing. To think this would change if the club changed hands is pigshit, he's not going to become good at his job overnight too.

Said about a year ago, there's 4 cunts at the club. Llambias walked, that left 3. Kinnear got run out of town and there's 2 left. One of those is on the ropes and dazed, we need to finish the twat off.

Guest Roger Kint

This. Who would the new manager be ?

Aye it would be nigh on impossible to find a manager in world football that would improve on 18 points from the last 24 games. Some people really do deserve the shit Pardew serves up each week.

Said this a lot but i refuse to believe a businessman like Ashley famed for cutting costs hasnt put a clause in his deal for this. No way on earth will he pay the full contract up man

I agree. The only reason I think he wants Pardew to jump is I can't understand why he hasn't fired him yet. He could have fired him many times over the last two seasons. There must be some reason why he waits.

I agree. The only reason I think he wants Pardew to jump is I can't understand why he hasn't fired him yet. He could have fired him many times over the last two seasons. There must be some reason why he waits.

i think he's dug into llamblias's stability argument myself and has been letting it play out this whole time, now it seems we've passed the point of no return with it though because it's only going to stabilise us into the championship

Guest northshieldsmag

My dead Nan (I'm sorry, Nan. Love you). Who cares. Anyone is an improvement at this stage.

Ridiculous comment

I am sorry, but this above all is the most irritating response.  The better the devil you know people are just plain nuts.  Pardew is bottom of the barrel at best, a true disease of a human being.  I'll take my chances on Ashley picking a worse replacement.  Either way the result will be the same, whether we keep Pardew or replace him with somebody even more horrible.  Relegation.

I am sorry, but this above all is the most irritating response.  The better the devil you know people are just plain nuts.  Pardew is bottom of the barrel at best, a true disease of a human being.  I'll take my chances on Ashley picking a worse replacement.  Either way the result will be the same, whether we keep Pardew or replace him with somebody even more horrible.  Relegation.

I said it on the Chron, an equally bad manager? Maybe. A worse human being? Impossible! I'll take my chances thanks, it's never better the devil you know, when you know the devil is the worst kind. Shit manager, aweful human being.

Good question. If we get it wrong, we could start conceding loads of goals, failing to score and losing every week.

Good question. If we get it wrong, we could start conceding loads of goals, failing to score and losing every week.

That would be awful. We might even get relegated tbh.

Ashley wants to keep Pardew because he's cheap and he does as he's told. Obviously if we're gonna get relegated then Ashley would be forced to make a change.

But if he changes manager now it means either bringing a decent manager in, and that's not happening because they cost money. Or bringing a Kinnear in.

So in my opinion Ashley will let it play out hoping Pardew can keep us up. Or sack him in January and bring Kinnear in.