Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I hate Ashley but i think he'll be decent for them, as scottish football is about his level. In comparative terms if Ashley was doing to Rangers what he's done to us they'll probably start pissing the SPL again in no time. Premiership clubs its different though obviously due to the level of opposition and the fact that 19 other clubs won't stop still, and also the sheer amount of money needed to realistically achieve success.

If he totally cheapens the brand and history of Rangers then obviously thats s*** (for them) mind.

I hate Ashley but i think he'll be decent for them, as scottish football is about his level. In comparative terms if Ashley was doing to Rangers what he's done to us they'll probably start pissing the SPL again in no time.

What a load of garbage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/11152863/Rangers-supporters-demand-SFA-acts-to-prevent-Mike-Ashleys-tactical-strike.html

As predicted by Telegraph Sport last week when Ashley took his shares in Rangers towards the 10 per cent mark, the Newcastle United owner used his strengthened position to make a move on the club by asking for an extraordinary general meeting to be held to remove Graham Wallace, the chief executive, and finance director Philip Nash.

Ashley wants rid of the two executives who blocked his attempt to use such assets as the club crest and the Rangers trademark as security for a £10  million loan which he offered on Sept 12. Wallace and Nash, as The Daily Telegraph revealed yesterday, support the efforts of Paul Murray and David Letham, two wealthy Rangers supporters who are trying to put into place a funding package involving Dave King, the former Ibrox director who had previously stated his interest in mounting a takeover bid.

God I fucking hate this cunt. Every day I wake up and hope he falls under a bus.

If he wants to buy then hurry the fuck up and sell us, if he doesn't want to sell us then stop pissing about with another club.

He's like a married man who wants to shag some other lass every so often but wants to come home to his wife and kids. Time to make a choice mate.

Guest antz1uk

Hasn't he got a history of buying up struggling brands, such as Dunlop Slazenger and Lonsdale, when they are at a low value. Not sure what his track record is at turning those brands around or not, but if I were a Rangers fan I would be looking into that. I think his intentions with Rangers may be completely different to that when he bought us. I still believe he bought us primarily as an advertising vehicle with added benefit of giving himself a plaything and the chance to prove the experts who said you could never make money out of owning a football club wrong. With Rangers, I think it's pure business, how much can he make out of them.

I hate Ashley but i think he'll be decent for them, as scottish football is about his level. In comparative terms if Ashley was doing to Rangers what he's done to us they'll probably start pissing the SPL again in no time. Premiership clubs its different though obviously due to the level of opposition and the fact that 19 other clubs won't stop still, and also the sheer amount of money needed to realistically achieve success.

If he totally cheapens the brand and history of Rangers then obviously thats s*** (for them) mind.

That's what he does best though isn't it?

They're more radge than we are. One of them might end up killing him. We can only hope any way. I hope they look forward to 0-3 home defeats to Celtic.

Don't even joke about that :lol: if they get beat 3-0 off Celtic at home he will die within minutes.

That's the definition of win-win :lol:

Let's just say that Ashley wants to own Rangers and it compelled to sell us because of the SFA 10% rule (that may or may not apply). What is the absolute worst case for us? (just so that I'm prepared for that and therefore anything else is a bonus)

The worst I could come up with would be selling (or "selling", as it were) to a nominee in one of those dodgy leveraged buyout deals such as the crooked Yanks at Man Yoo or Liverpool. And also attached some sort of 50-years-for-£1 deal to all the SD stadium advertising.

We're all hoping he'll leave, but many think he' a cunt who has a "personal", vindictive issue with the fans - if that's true, how badly could he screw us over on the way out?

Let's just say that Ashley wants to own Rangers and it compelled to sell us because of the SFA 10% rule (that may or may not apply). What is the absolute worst case for us? (just so that I'm prepared for that and therefore anything else is a bonus)

The worst I could come up with would be selling (or "selling", as it were) to a nominee in one of those dodgy leveraged buyout deals such as the crooked Yanks at Man Yoo or Liverpool. And also attached some sort of 50-years-for-£1 deal to all the SD stadium advertising.

We're all hoping he'll leave, but many think he' a c*** who has a "personal", vindictive issue with the fans - if that's true, how badly could he screw us over on the way out?

Except it's all completely irrelevant, like saying 'What if I had the queen coming over dinner, should I spend more time dusting or hoovering?"

Guest Dontooner

Not going to sell us unless is for Silly money Andy Carrol's style.

The benefits of owning Newcastle to advertise for Sport Direct alone probably outweights making 100 million pounds on selling us. The reality is we are stuck with the fat ill asshole for 10 years to 20 years or more.

We're all hoping he'll leave, but many think he' a c*** who has a "personal", vindictive issue with the fans - if that's true, how badly could he screw us over on the way out?

Except it's all completely irrelevant, like saying 'What if I had the queen coming over dinner, should I spend more time dusting or hoovering?"

How so?

He is flexing his muscles in Scotland - he might very well decide they are a good investment given his history of buying shitty brands and building them up.

Failing to heed the supposed 10% rule also follows history, considering he bought us without checking things like that and found himself having to shell out more than a hundred million pounds.

How is contemplating a not-unrealistic scenario irrelevant on a discussion board? Especially considering he's fucked us over more than once, then examining the worst case is pretty fucking far from irrelevant, if you ask me.