Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Exactly. Nobody of note is going to effectively play Sunday League football.

And thats the key point. The players loaned out will be academy players, players willing to prove themselves in a fully competitive league, someone who is years away from our first team but will slot right into Rangers teams.

Skinny academy players based in a country full of drunks, playing alongside talentless rabble and against overweight thugs?

Yeah, seems perfect. Plenty of English teams will have them.

Stop f***ing about with Newco and put some money into your own f***ing club

He's not putting money in to them though, he's doing merchandise deals etc which will see SD prop up Rangers till they get back to the top division, in return he gets a stake. That's how i hear it anyway, from their chairman.

Isn't this just a smart business move by a man who's built his fortune on smart business moves?

We need to get out of the mentality that anything that's good for Ashley has to be bad for us.

Very true as he knows that the rangers move is a win for him imho and will have no effect on us.

Isn't this just a smart business move by a man who's built his fortune on smart business moves?

We need to get out of the mentality that anything that's good for Ashley has to be bad for us.

I have no problem with Mike Ashley (or is it Sports Direct?) buying 10% of Rangers. I'm sure it will turn out to be a good investment for him. Rangers will eventually get back to the SPL and his 10% stake will be worth a lot more than he paid for it. I think it's just journalists assuming Mike Ashley buying into Rangers = NUFC loaning players to Rangers.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest neesy111

I see SportsDirect.gr has now opened.  :lol:

Great time to open, during the one of the biggest depressions in recent history.

I see SportsDirect.gr has now opened.  :lol:

stick it in your browser and see what happens.

The domain isn't important, he probably has everyone going. My point is that it was said that part of the reason he wanted to buy the club was so that he could push SD abroad; looks like that will be realised now and in the coming games.

Guest neesy111

Probably why he doesnt wanna get in the champions league, he'd have to cover the signs up every time we played in it

Pretty sure he does for europa league now???

The outbreak of  "Guess Who Wins Again" memes has got me thinking who best to compare Ashley with in literature/history. 

He seems a single-minded bastard who would trample on traditions to get his way (Henry VIII), who is still a fat rogue you can't help but liking (Falstaff).

Too many English Lit classes?  :undecided:

Any better analogies?