Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

We gave him a chance, he took it, and fully deserved the credit we gave him for it. Unfortunately a new set of challenges have presented themselves and it looks like he doesn't have the answers.

Agree with this. I do think it's time to go though. The fact of the matter is we've been dreadful from the very start this season. A convincing case could be made for more or less every point we have on the board at the mo that we've been somewhat fortunate in the means by which we've achieved them.

It's a complete waste of my hard earned going to watch this shower week in, week out.

Don't go then. You cannot be asking for a change of manager after just two years, when the only full season he completed was our best season in a decade.

Yes, the current results are sickening, particularly some of the performances but there was always going to be a drop-off from last season's over-achievements - lets see where we stand in all competitions come May before this ridiculous scenario of sacking managers comes into play.

David O'Leary's a better manager than Pardew, like

:spit:

Some of the most shameless backpedalling from you of late after the way you've spent the last eighteen months up the man's arse.

No backpeddling whatsoever. He's done a good job and I like him and don't want him sacked. Doesn't mean I can't criticise because he's done a dreadful job of late.

Thing is, neither of us wanted him appointed and only one of us was truly prepared to get behind him as NUFC manager.

Why would anyone get behind someone who clearly wasn't good enough? It is to NUFC supporters' eternal shame that we didn't give this plum the reception that Benitez got at Chelsea. We clapped along and beat Liverpool and enough mugs convinced themselves that he was up to it.

:anguish:

I see why the logo was changed.

Going to defend Ashley again then Stu?

Pretty sure this is a discussion about the idea of booing Pardew during his first game.

Are you still singing "we don't care about Ashley"?

Some of the most shameless backpedalling from you of late after the way you've spent the last eighteen months up the man's arse.

No backpeddling whatsoever. He's done a good job and I like him and don't want him sacked. Doesn't mean I can't criticise because he's done a dreadful job of late.

Thing is, neither of us wanted him appointed and only one of us was truly prepared to get behind him as NUFC manager.

Why would anyone get behind someone who clearly wasn't good enough? It is to NUFC supporters' eternal shame that we didn't give this plum the reception that Benitez got at Chelsea. We clapped along and beat Liverpool and enough mugs convinced themselves that he was up to it.

That's ridiculous. You'd rather we barracked him off the pitch and ruin the already low chance of any decent manager wanting to work with us for all eternity? :lol:

Not to mention negating the entirety of last season.

Wullie has wanted him to fail at all costs since the moment he was appointed. f*** knows what we'd have ended up with had Pardew not taken the job.

Er... the manager we had?

Oh yeah. He's shit isn't he? Yet even with Norwich's plodders, another man's team, he's two points ahead of the "upgrade" who has a team full of internationals at his disposal, having already seen off Man Utd and Arsenal.

Just admit you were wrong mate, everyone already knows it. I never wanted him to fail, I just knew that he would and therefore didn't want him here. He's Alan Pardew ffs.

the fat fucking shite and his greasy-haired crony both have no fucking idea on how to run a football club.

They thought they could "play it smart", take chances and get success but their daft idea has come back to bite them completely on the arse.  They both want to have their fucking heads examined for genuinely believing that we could compete both in the league and in Europe without significant investment.

For all Pardew harps on about Europe being a distraction, it's clearly not the opinion of the fat fucker as he continues to flood the club shop with a load of sweat-shop produced tat referring to our involvement in the Europa League in the hope of clawing back a few extra pennies.

Guest neesy111

I see why the logo was changed.

Going to defend Ashley again then Stu?

Pretty sure this is a discussion about the idea of booing Pardew during his first game.

Are you still singing "we don't care about Ashley"?

Putting words in peoples mouths, I've never sang that song.

Also this is the Mike Ashley thread.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

That is awful craic

Wullie has wanted him to fail at all costs since the moment he was appointed. f*** knows what we'd have ended up with had Pardew not taken the job.

Do you seriously think anybody would want him to fail?  If he fails then we fail, expecting and wanting are two different things.

Yup - Ashley's gamble in the summer has failed big time, but the worry is that most of us know that he won't do what is necessary in January. Far more likely, a couple of loan deals/cheap signings and Ba being punted to Liverpool. Which quality players would want to come here when they know the club has zero ambition as it currently is? Aim is to stay in the PL, rake in the TV money with the cash going god knows where. Perhaps Ashley wants his loan paying back now the club is in profit (which is surely must be)

That's ridiculous. You'd rather we barracked him off the pitch and ruin the already low chance of any decent manager wanting to work with us for all eternity? :lol:

Not to mention negating the entirety of last season.

Er... the manager we had?

Oh yeah. He's s*** isn't he? Yet even with Norwich's plodders, another man's team, he's two points ahead of the "upgrade" who has a team full of internationals at his disposal, having already seen off Man Utd and Arsenal.

Just admit you were wrong mate, everyone already knows it. I never wanted him to fail, I just knew that he would and therefore didn't want him here. He's Alan Pardew ffs.

When I want him sacked I'll say it and hold my hands up. My allegiance is to my club, not Pardew, Hughton or any other undistinguished manager prepared to work under these c***s.

When I want him sacked I'll say it and hold my hands up. My allegiance is to my club, not Pardew, Hughton or any other undistinguished manager prepared to work under these c***s.

The same should go for all Newcastle fans, it doesn't stop people liking or not liking people associated with the club at any level.

We gave him a chance, he took it, and fully deserved the credit we gave him for it. Unfortunately a new set of challenges have presented themselves and it looks like he doesn't have the answers.

Agree with this. I do think it's time to go though. The fact of the matter is we've been dreadful from the very start this season. A convincing case could be made for more or less every point we have on the board at the mo that we've been somewhat fortunate in the means by which we've achieved them.

It's a complete waste of my hard earned going to watch this shower week in, week out.

Don't go then. You cannot be asking for a change of manager after just two years, when the only full season he completed was our best season in a decade.

Yes, the current results are sickening, particularly some of the performances but there was always going to be a drop-off from last season's over-achievements - lets see where we stand in all competitions come May before this ridiculous scenario of sacking managers comes into play.

I've already coughed up for the ST though, pal. I'm entitled to voice my displeasure at the performances. As Bimpy mentioned in another thread, losing, I can just about take. It stinks, but it's part of the game. What I can't take is the gutless ineptitude on display from our manager from the word go this season, especially given the players we've had at our disposal. Even before the injuries to Cabaye and HBA we've looked like a fucking pub team. No ideas, same set pieces, no changes.

Have our expectations been raised since last season? Yes, but not unreasonably so given the quality we have at our disposal. Even then I don't think fans would be wanting a change if we're not in Champs League or even Europa League come the end of the season. People just want to see us have a fucking go and at least attempt playing some decent stuff. When we're seemingly putting ourselves in the midst of a relegation battle I think fans can be entitled to call for the manager's head - particularly when the problems are so glaringly obvious. Now, I don't have the answers, but the shit we've heard from Pardew about training regimes, etc would indicate that small changes could have a big impact. Whether or not he'll implement them remains to be seen.

The same should go for all Newcastle fans, it doesn't stop people liking or not liking people associated with the club at any level.

The same doesn't go for all fans, and you know it.

Have to laugh at the craic of the Ashley fans on here in the summer though - justifying not buying Debuchy et al with "why on Earth would you buy now when we might get him cheaper in January", as if there's no football played in between.

Errr this is why lads. Unfortunately for Mike Ashley, the Premier League doesn't shut down while he tries to get 5% off.

I can understand the derision around Pardew at the min but I personally refuse to vent all my anger at him knowing this sphere's shortcomings. The last campaign had zero effect on him and his affections towards our club.

Pardew done brilliantly last season, but he's a limited coach, and if you give a limited coach limited resources it will eventually show on the pitch. Spending +3mil net after finishing 5th is an absolute joke. He gambled again and its turning into a farce of season because of it. 

Pard's does not help himself saying we need to be forever thankful, but its obvious he's just trying to keep the b*stard on his side. For the record I think he, like the rest of us thought we'd get some players in, only to be forced to change his stance in interviews when it was becoming increasingly obvious no-one was coming in.

Have to laugh at the craic of the Ashley fans on here in the summer though - justifying not buying Debuchy et al with "why on Earth would you buy now when we might get him cheaper in January", as if there's no football played in between.

Errr this is why lads. Unfortunately for Mike Ashley, the Premier League doesn't shut down while he tries to get 5% off.

Who are these Ashley fans you keep mentioning? Ian W, perhaps.

Who are these Ashley fans you keep mentioning? Ian W, perhaps.

This place is consistently crawling with people tripping over themselves to defend the indefensible. I shouldn't need to name them but I know they exist because I stupidly spent the entire summer arguing with them.