Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Keegan initially walked after he saved the club from the drop to the 3rd div, before the board at the time was completely overhauled. Easily see that taking place here if Rafa saves Ashley's bacon. He'll see the writing on the wall that Ashley is a timewaster.

Ashley's interview reinforces my belief what we need & and it's my desire to witness Ashley's living dead entity cop consecutive relegations to get rid of him - scorched earth policy.

So he says there's no money left int he bank. Fair enough but EVERY club generates money throughout the year and we'll be getting the TV money again at the end of this season so his shitty argument doesn't stand up.

Add to that, if there's no money left, what was the Berahino bid all about?

Thinking about it, im not sure how the club can move forward when the owner has come out and said he regrets buying it...its dead in the water.

Even if we stay up Benitez might just say "Sorry, either it all changes or I'm gone."

I wouldn't blame him for doing so now.

If that happens then there should correctly be a lot of vitriol aimed at the owner. Once again though, that probably won't happen.

Honestly, and I've thought this since the appointment, I think if we stay up he'd go because the club would want rid of him. He's far too much of a threat for them.

They've brought him in to get them out of the shit (ten games too late btw - typically, trying to do things on the cheap and gamble on SMc) and, if he does, they'll let him go.

In the Championship, there is no way they would pay him a premiership salary so he'd be off anyway. It's a crying shame though because a proper owner/board with just an ounce of ambition would talk him into staying by convincing him to use the season to sort out his side, structure the club and get the systems right for returning to the big time.

John Hall (or, dare I say, FS) would talk him into it, no problem.

Three year contract already signed though, which is only breakable if we're relegated.  That's what was reported at the time anyway, have I missed something new about the terms of the deal?

Thinking about it, im not sure how the club can move forward when the owner has come out and said he regrets buying it...its dead in the water.

Even if we stay up Benitez might just say "Sorry, either it all changes or I'm gone."

If that happens then there should correctly be a lot of vitriol aimed at the owner. Once again though, that probably won't happen.

Honestly, and I've thought this since the appointment, I think if we stay up he'd go because the club would want rid of him. He's far too much of a threat for them.

They've brought him in to get them out of the s*** (ten games too late btw - typically, trying to do things on the cheap and gamble on SMc) and, if he does, they'll let him go.

In the Championship, there is no way they would pay him a premiership salary so he'd be off anyway. It's a crying shame though because a proper owner/board with just an ounce of ambition would talk him into staying by convincing him to use the season to sort out his side, structure the club and get the systems right for returning to the big time.

Three year contract already signed though, which is only breakable if we're relegated.  That's what was reported at the time anyway, have I missed something new about the terms of the deal?

No, I think that's probably right, I just wonder if he'd walk away from it all if he gets fucked about. Wouldn't blame him either if he did.

Trust Ashley to take away any enjoyment we get out of anything to do with the club the fat fucking greasy cunt! Every time, without fail, he has to destroy everything like the spoilt only man child he is.

Ashley is as thick as sh1t in a bucket when it comes to football. IMO he would actually get better publicity if he got rid of all the SD advertising at SJP (a controversial view I concede  :lol: ). The crap that gets put out in the media comes straight from the plank Bishop. That interview (and all of our PR tbh) has Bishop's fingerprints all over it. Utterly clueless the pair of them....

http://www.kbapr.com/our-experience/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/22/when-will-mike-ashley-stop-scoring-own-goals/?

There is, therefore, one very obvious solution to all this: if Ashley really hates the way public markets work he should take Sports Direct private, because, by the sound of it, things are only going to get worse. At Shirebrook, Ashley admitted to reporters that the retailer was in trouble and trading badly, so badly in fact that the slump could last a few years, he claimed. This shock admission managed to send the shares crashing a whopping 10pc the following day. Hard to blame the media or Miliband for that one, Mike.

Sounds like SD are really struggling and Ashley is not helping matters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/22/when-will-mike-ashley-stop-scoring-own-goals/?

There is, therefore, one very obvious solution to all this: if Ashley really hates the way public markets work he should take Sports Direct private, because, by the sound of it, things are only going to get worse. At Shirebrook, Ashley admitted to reporters that the retailer was in trouble and trading badly, so badly in fact that the slump could last a few years, he claimed. This shock admission managed to send the shares crashing a whopping 10pc the following day. Hard to blame the media or Miliband for that one, Mike.

Orchestrated move to further drive down investor confidence, and the share price, if his intention is to take it private again. He is a gambler without morals, and SD is his baby. Always has been an agent saboteur when he has possessed enough of a stake & boardroom influence (when devaluing companies. He doesn't pull moves like this randomly just for the sake of providing entertainment.

Orchestrated move to further drive down investor confidence, and the share price, if his intention is to take it private again. He is a gambler without morals, and SD is his baby. Always has been an agent saboteur when he has possessed enough of a stake & boardroom influence (when devaluing companies. He doesn't pull moves like this randomly just for the sake of providing entertainment.

As a director of the company he is legally bound in the statements he issues.  If he's not telling the truth he'll have lawsuits so far up his arse even Charnley will need a team of Sherpas to read them.

They've brought him in to get them out of the s*** (ten games too late btw - typically, trying to do things on the cheap and gamble on SMc) and, if he does, they'll let him go.

I've always thought Rafa would be likely to leave even if we stayed up - he knows the situation at the club and as I said previously, I reckon he will be a target for a PROPER PL club in Arsenal during the summer.

Ashley's malign influence will wreck whatever progress the club looks like making and that aint going to change any time soon.

I've always thought Rafa would be likely to leave even if we stayed up - he knows the situation at the club and as I said previously, I reckon he will be a target for a PROPER PL club in Arsenal during the summer.

Ashley's malign influence will wreck whatever progress the club looks like making and that aint going to change any time soon.

I have not allowed myself to get too excited by his appointment because it is probably too late and who knows if they intend to honour the promises made to him in their desperation.  We know the club cannot be trusted.  For me it was always a case of let's see if he is still here at the start of next season and then I can start to get excited.

However, I am not sure that a Champions League club would be interested in him - he is slightly damaged goods there but I would think there would be a lot of interest from the next level of clubs vying for European places.

SDI issued a clarification to the market stating that earnings would be at the bottom end of previous guidance, presumably in an attempt to prevent Ashley being hauled up for disclosing such information in his interview, rather than through the proper channels.

Ashley is famously private about his business, now he is suddenly doing interviews on Sky News and sparring with MPs. His maverick style has always weighed down on the share price, and now he is using it to his advantage.

Guest Howaythetoon

This latest interview of his is very odd in its timing, not so much with SD but at least with NUFC. I personally think he is feeling the pressure from all sides and this is his way of coming out fighting so to speak.

This latest interview of his is very odd in its timing, not so much with SD but at least with NUFC. I personally think he is feeling the pressure from all sides and this is his way of coming out fighting so to speak.

He's done another interview purely for people to see he's 'Just an ordinary bloke' and for people to feel sorry for him in some way.  The bloke is a fucking cretin, and if we do go down I'll take some solace in the fact his grubby hamburger mitts ain't getting any of that cash, and his brand won't have the focus he desires.

I don't think he does any press stuff without an ulterior motive.  In this case it may be that he wants to take SD private again so he's trying to drive down the share price.  The bits about us were just an afterthought and smacks of trying to absolve himself of blame for it all going tits up.