Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Graeme Bailey is piping up that Graeme Carr has final say on all transfers. Ashley likes the fact he made money out of the sissoko, cabaye and winaljdum deals.

He's a fucking tosser Graeme Bailey.

Imagine if that pecking order was true, though. A Champions League winner beneath the cunt who was sacked from Maidstone United for being shit. :lol:

I'm cautious about everything involving Ashley but I'm not going to sit and speculate until it's all truly comes crashing down. There's no point wasting energy on guessing a vague article by 1 journo at this point.

You're free to be as emotive as you'd like, I didn't say anything otherwise than an observation of this forum in recent times.

While we're top of the league as well [emoji38]

Strictly speaking, we are top of the division. there are 20 teams above us, in the league.

Strictly speaking, you're a rectangle.

Looking forward to Champions League football next season?

No.

You know your name really doesn't suit you.

It does if you break it up.

A penis Stan

:lol:

Graeme Bailey is piping up that Graeme Carr has final say on all transfers. Ashley likes the fact he made money out of the sissoko, cabaye and winaljdum deals.

He's a fucking tosser Graeme Bailey.

Boro windup merchant on Twitter. Always at it.

What the fuck is this obsession with Graham Carr ffs the bloke who managed Northampton is more important and has the final say over a CL winner.

Some of his recommendations have been hugely profitable for the club. Which ultimately is what really counts in football.

I would have thought just being in the Premiership has now outstripped that in regard to money.

Exactly, funnily enough the fees made from our old transfer policy have been made redundant through being relegated again.  :lol:

My priority is to be sure that the team is strong enough to compete from now until the end of the season

after that I will coach the team until the end of the season

I will try now until the end of the window to do what I have to do. And after that it will be just coaching

Ah, fuck.

Rafa Benitez responds to reports Mike Ashley is taking a closer role in transfers

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-responds-reports-mike-12466747#ICID=FB-Chron-main

That doesn't fill me with positivity and confidence

“Nothing has changed. We talk about transfers, our scouts and agents.

Rafa sounds pretty ok to me.

Rafa Benitez responds to reports Mike Ashley is taking a closer role in transfers

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rafa-benitez-responds-reports-mike-12466747#ICID=FB-Chron-main

That doesn't fill me with positivity and confidence

“Nothing has changed. We talk about transfers, our scouts and agents.

Rafa sounds pretty ok to me.

hes probably looked at what Pardew was given, and thought Id have had that team in the latter stages of the champions league :lol:

I can't see what Ashley would have to be unhappy about with the transfers we have done.  Quite a few would not be good enough for the Premier League but we would get our money back on most of them and there would not be a huge loss for others compared to e.g. Riviere, Thauvin, Cabella and probably Saivet.  Virtually all of them have made a contribution.

The only dodgy one is probably Gamez but that is only because he has been injured a lot but from the little we have seen of him, he looked like a decent player.

I can't see what Ashley would have to be unhappy about with the transfers we have done.  Quite a few would not be good enough for the Premier League but we would get our money back on most of them and there would not be a huge loss for others compared to e.g. Riviere, Thauvin, Cabella and probably Saivet.  Virtually all of them have made a contribution.

The only dodgy one is probably Gamez but that is only because he has been injured a lot but from the little we have seen of him, he looked like a decent player.

Aye but he's a twat.  He's looking at Cabaye, Sissoko, Carroll, Wijnaldum, Debuchy etc and thinking we can do that regular.

The first five words would have probably been enough there like.

Guest neesy111

My issue is what will this be like in the summer.  I seriously think we'll need to bring in much better quality in a number of positions, will Ashley think he can do like what we did last time when we didn't even spend that much?

Guest Howaythetoon

Worrying comments if I'm perfectly honest. He's not going to rock the boat at this stage of the season, but next season? I honestly think he will take us up and then be off. That's his job to get us promotion. It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley looks at all that money spent on new players during the summer, players chosen by the manager, and thinks we should be promoted already. I'm worried and we all should be, this is fucking Mike Ashley we are talking about here!

My issue is what will this be like in the summer.  I seriously think we'll need to bring in much better quality in a number of positions, will Ashley think he can do like what we did last time when we didn't even spend that much?

Depends.  I can't really see Curbishley / Pardew / Pearson* pushing that hard for funds tbh.

*delete as appropriate

He drove Keegan out. He has learned nothing and he will do it to Rafa.

Ashley clearly has some sort of disorder - his repeated behaviour backs that up. He is not rational and I would much rather we sold to the Chinese at this point.

(The only hope is that it *might* relate to maximising assets in relation to this:

)

"Nothing has chanGed. We talk abOut transfers, Our scouts and agents. All that is in my heaD is signing the Best plaYErs for us.”

Says it all... .  ??? Apparently, if you play the audio backwards you can hear a ghostly voice wail "Winston Churchill"

My priority is to be sure that the team is strong enough to compete from now until the end of the season

after that I will coach the team until the end of the season

I will try now until the end of the window to do what I have to do. And after that it will be just coaching

Ah, f***.

:lol: Aye that worried me a tad.

If Ashley meddles again and Rafa feels he has to walk away, then there is no hope and the nob head has not learned a thing in his nearly 10 years as owner of the football club.  Leave it the fuck alone, you know nothing about football you useless fat cock. Leave it to the professionals.

Rafa walks, Pardew back, whats the odds?

If Ashley meddles again and Rafa feels he has to walk away, then there is no hope and the nob head has not learned a thing in his nearly 10 years as owner of the football club.  Leave it the fuck alone, you know nothing about football you useless fat cock. Leave it to the professionals.

Rafa walks, Pardew back, whats the odds?

Wouldn't care, I'd be done with it all tbh.

Did write this at the time I think, but met Graham Carr a short while back. Seen some of the NE journalists pushing the angle that he's never seen his influence decline, that is categorically not true. He sounded as if he was just waiting to end his time with the club, said he felt he was unfairly given blame for some of the signings that were then managed poorly (mentioned Ben Arfa as the most telling example, but also Yanga-M'biwa, saying how he was obviously good enough for Lyon but not us).

He also said, explicitly, that they'd given most of the control to Rafa and shrugged his shoulders at the signing of Murphy.

So, whether or not there has been any change now, control over transfers was undoubtedly shifted to the manager last summer.

Did write this at the time I think, but met Graham Carr a short while back. Seen some of the NE journalists pushing the angle that he's never seen his influence decline, that is categorically not true. He sounded as if he was just waiting to end his time with the club, said he felt he was unfairly given blame for some of the signings that were then managed poorly (mentioned Ben Arfa as the most telling example, but also Yanga-M'biwa, saying how he was obviously good enough for Lyon but not us).

He also said, explicitly, that they'd given most of the control to Rafa and shrugged his shoulders at the signing of Murphy.

So, whether or not there has been any change now, control over transfers was undoubtedly shifted to the manager last summer.

That's good to hear, thanks for sharing. I agree with him on those players being poorly managed, by and large he's identified some really good players but we've not had the coaching staff to extract the best out of them or give them time and the tools to adapt to the English game. He'll be proved wrong on Murphy though I feel, he could prove to be a priceless signing in the current injury plight. He's already scored two important goals that have almost repaid the small fee (by today's standards) we paid.

Rafa is in charge of this thing right now, unless we see evidence to the contrary people need to relax and enjoy it.