Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Don't see anything concerning in Rafas comments tbh.

There's nothing there at all, this whole fuss is because a tabloid ran a story based on basically f*** all.

Plus the track record of Mike Ashley.

Exactly. [emoji38]

There's nothing there at all, this whole fuss is because a tabloid ran a story based on basically f*** all.

We went through all this before Rafa signed with most people unwilling to believe that Ashley would sanction making him our manager. It's always going to be likely that there is going to be a bust up down the road, but do we really need to bite every time a tabloid journalist throws us a line?

Guest reefatoon

It's the nature of the beast unfortunately. The majority of us are just waiting for him to f*** us up again for the umpteenth time. Because he will manage to do it, he can't help himself.

We went through all this before Rafa signed with most people unwilling to believe that Ashley would sanction making him our manager. It's always going to be likely that there is going to be a bust up down the road, but do we really need to bite every time a tabloid journalist throws us a line?

Not our fault really.

Erm, we're not losing our minds over just one article. The same news made it to Rafa's press conference and he had to address it. And his responses, going just by the transcript (I haven't seen the video so I have no idea about body language or telepathy, both popular forms of communication on this forum) were slightly concerning for those of us who err on the side of paranoia when it comes to Ashley. Saying we're being paranoid about Ashley is telling a lass who's finally escaped her abusive husband that she's paranoid when she keeps getting missed calls.

There's a difference between losing your mind over some random piece of completely unsubstantiated tabloid scuttlebutt and being concerned by "Club's official media partner suggests proven idiot owner is imposing exactly the same idiotic rules he has with other managers".

No quotes, no substance, rumour and conjecture if you ask me. Not worth getting wound up about until/if Rafa puts his foot down and leaves, then we can all lose our shit. Until that point I say we treat the Mirror with the contempt it deserves and usually gets.

Yep. They're acting as if before every single moment of self-destruction, the Keegan blow-up, the Hughton sacking, the Shearer ghosting, the Kinnear hiring (twice!), etc., we were all given ample quotes and long-form think-pieces in the Guardian with Ashley and his crew of bandits waxing lyrical about their vision of the football club.

We had as little information then as we do now. So forgive us for bricking it.

Guest Howaythetoon

I will donate 100 pounds to the Sir Bobby Robson foundation if he is still here come the first match of the new season next season, regardless of league we will be in. I'm not a gambling man. But I'm going to stick the same figure on the same outcome. This won't end well.

I will donate 100 pounds to the Sir Bobby Robson foundation if he is still here come the first match of the new season next season, regardless of league we will be in. I'm not a gambling man. But I'm going to stick the same figure on the same outcome. This won't end well.

Quoted. For Sir Bob's case. [emoji38] :thup:

Yep. They're acting as if before every single moment of self-destruction, the Keegan blow-up, the Hughton sacking, the Shearer ghosting, the Kinnear hiring (twice!), etc., we were all given ample quotes and long-form think-pieces in the Guardian with Ashley and his crew of bandits waxing lyrical about their vision of the football club.

We had as little information then as we do now. So forgive us for bricking it.

I'd almost wiped that particular episode from my memory.

On 16 June 2013 in a series of telephone interviews Kinnear claimed he had been appointed as Director of Football for Newcastle United. In a Talksport interview over the telephone on 17 June 2013, Kinnear claimed to have replaced someone called "Derek Lambesi" (sic) as the club's director of football, signed Dean Holdsworth at Wimbledon for £50,000 (actually £650,000), sold Robbie Earle (retired a year after Kinnear left), signed goalkeeper Tim Krul when he was previously manager (actually signed by Graeme Souness three years prior) and has been awarded the LMA Manager of the Year award three times despite only winning the award once, he also said he'd never been sacked in his life. Kinnear claimed to have signed John Hartson on a free when he in fact paid £7.5 million for the striker. He also mispronounced the names of Yohan Cabaye, Hatem Ben Arfa, Shola Ameobi, and others in the Talksport interview. The appointment, a three-year contract, was confirmed by Newcastle United on 18 June. The confusion around Kinnear's appointment to the role was criticised by former club chairman Freddy Shepherd in an interview with BBC Sport. Kinnear drew criticism when the 2013 summer transfer window closed with Kinnear failing to make a single permanent signing, lone recruit Loic Remy having been signed on loan from QPR. This criticism intensified at the end of the 2014 winter transfer window with Kinnear failing again to make a permanent signing, this after the £20 million sale of midfielder Yohan Cabaye, with Luuk de Jong having been brought in on loan from Monchengladbach.

On 3 February 2014, Kinnear resigned from his position of Director of Football at Newcastle United

:lol: :anguish:

Guest neesy111

HTT man.

Good on ye HTT  O0

"Strongly placed to win promotion from the Championship, Newcastle have ample cash reserves but Mike Ashley, their owner, has provided Benítez with a rather less generous budget this month than had originally been envisaged"

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/20/newcastle-andros-townsend-crystal-palace

And people are wondering why we're worried.

We sold so many fucking players in the summer, made a massive profit, and Ashley is still being a tight-fisted, miserly cunt.

Benitez may not be willing to walk till he's got us up but if we starve him from cash going up he'll surely walk. He's no fool and will have no intention of being in a club that doesn't back him. He's walked for less before.

Benitez may not be willing to walk till he's got us up but if we starve him from cash going up he'll surely walk. He's no fool and will have no intention of being in a club that doesn't back him. He's walked for less before.

He'll walk if he's been given promises about money and that's denied. For all we know he may have told when he came last summer what the budget's would be until we stay up.

I think you're right.  He's too honourable to walk away now.

Ashley will never change.  All he cares about is just being in the premier league.