Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

More and more every day NUFC is an acronym for no use fucking crying.

I first attended games in my teens in the dark days of the late 80s when things were bleak.

We had the roller coaster 90s where we were able to far exceed expectations and the golden years of Robson where we again exceeded expectations.

Ashley has proven to be bad for us. He's struck gold in persuading Rafa to join in the first place, and sadly all of Ashley's chickens are coming home to roost after years of mismanagement. Players on wages that they wouldn't get anywhere else because they're dogshit and now we have to wait until their contracts run down or wait until someone is mad enough to take a chance on them.

Thing is, and I hate to say it but the snippets we've seen from Ashley's interview are right. We got promoted from the Championship by pretty much sustaining a Premier League operating model. We've probably now got a couple of years "transition" where we get rid of the deadwood and get back on a more level playing field with the rest of the division.

And anyone who doesn't think Rafa knows this is crackers. Yes I think he probably thought there would be more cash and it doesn't help that Penfold is inept but he sees it as a project. I do reckon the problem is more to do with the wage bill than anything else though.

Time to leave the bedwetting a few weeks. Get the transfer deadline out the way, see what we have then. For what it's worth I think we will be fine this season. Hopefully we will then kick on.....

This isn't a club that should ever think about 'just being fine'. Yes there is a lot of money at the top end of the league but also more modest sides that have over performed and let's not forget a tiny team winning the league. With modest investment and good management I have no doubt that we can punch above our weight. The message from Ashley is completely counter intuitive. He should be saying that he will put in some extra cash this season to make sure we don't struggle.

Going off .com, we have spent £31.4m this summer. That's before you take into account incoming fees, and reduced wage bill etc. (if any one has an official figure for our net spend this summer feel free to pipe up)

Of course, there's additional costs to every transfer, but that fucking cunt is trying to tell us that for a club like us in this day and age with all the money that's being pumped into the game, plus his fortune (whether he likes to admit it or not), that he can't invest £50m in a SINGLE fucking transfer window? Is this a fucking joke?

We haven't even spent £50m and we are a newly promoted side. We are not in the position that Spurs find themselves in whereby we have a number of academy players that can make the step up- not even close. NO ONE at NUFC is screaming for a mega-money transfer, NO ONE has been demanding we go back to the days of signing the Michael Owen's of this world. Bullshit. But we need a squad that can compete and right now it is piss poor.

I don't know what the exact figure of the Sky money we will receive is, but it is a substantial figure. ONCE A FUCKING GAIN our club is being beaten with that horrific 'we can't compete, I'm basically broke you cunts, you're just lucky to have a club and it's all because of me' stick. The man is one of the most detestable human beings on this planet, and he doesn't know how lucky he is being able to hide behind Rafa (for now). He is totally dragging our club to the ground.

Anyone who sides with him, believes him, 'see's his point' is a fucking numpty. Yes, we have Benitez as our manager (which is brilliant), but the fact is that for so many years under this cunt (nearly a decade) we have just put up with his abuse of our club. Our fan base has tried to scold those who rejected Ashley's horrific negligence of Newcastle United in the past, constantly invested into the Ashley regime and embraced the mediocrity thrown our way. Quite frankly, (not all of us, but in general) we have the club we deserve right now.

Last night's game also shows in an attacking sense we are well behind most of the PL imo, hence the need for investment in the playing squad.

Vardy and co cost peanuts though? If the approach is right from everybody then theres no reason you cant compete.

I agree we are still a striker imo short of being stronger though

I don't think Neesy mentioned the price on what was on show last night tbf, more so though the quality.

He's right though, we lack considerable quality in the final third. Even the ones we like (I.e the wingers)  are probably not good enough to compete with the top half of the PL.

We are going into the season as it appears so far with what is essentially a Championship side that has has some incremental improvements to the squad as a whole. Rafa due to the financial constraints being discussed hasn't been able to do anything else. It might well be that the quality of the man might be enough to bring the performance of the side up a notch but I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried about a season long struggle to get wins and points.

Seen a few posts on twitter and ashleyout is appearing again

You just know the media and other fans will run with this.

"Ashley says he can't compete with Man City, Newcastle fans want him out. Deluded geordies"

Last night's game also shows in an attacking sense we are well behind most of the PL imo, hence the need for investment in the playing squad.

Vardy and co cost peanuts though? If the approach is right from everybody then theres no reason you cant compete.

I agree we are still a striker imo short of being stronger though

I don't think Neesy mentioned the price on what was on show last night tbf, more so though the quality.

He's right though, we lack considerable quality in the final third. Even the ones we like (I.e the wingers)  are probably not good enough to compete with the top half of the PL.

Yes i get that. But being well behind would mean investment.  We would need to buy cheap and hope they work out like Leicester did was how i was gearing the comment.

When we last got promoted under Hughton, our incoming transfers that summer were:

- Dan Gosling (free)

- James Perch (£3m?)

- Sol Campbell (free)

- Cheik Tiote (£4m?)

- Hatem Ben Arfa (Loan)

That was in addition to January signings previously that year of:

- Danny Simpson(£750,000)

- Mike Williamson (£2m)

- Wayne Routledge (???)

- Leon Best (£1.5m)

Guest neesy111

When we last got promoted under Hughton, our incoming transfers that summer were:

- Dan Gosling (free)

- James Perch (£3m?)

- Sol Campbell (free)

- Cheik Tiote (£4m?)

- Hatem Ben Arfa (Loan)

- Mike Williamson (£2m)

- Wayne Routledge (???)

- Leon Best (£1.5m)

The 09/10 side were far better than last seasons lot.

- Dan Gosling (free)

- James Perch (£3m?)

- Sol Campbell (free)

- Cheik Tiote (£4m?)

- Hatem Ben Arfa (Loan)

- Mike Williamson (£2m)

- Wayne Routledge (???)

- Leon Best (£1.5m)

The 09/10 side were far better than last seasons lot.

Totally different makeup to the two teams imo. But yes, I think as a whole it was better, or at least far more effective in the way it played! A lot more direct, but with Carroll, Nolan, Barton that was a dream tbf.

Easy to forget we played a lot of games in that promotion season with Smith-Butt as a CM pairing- and we walked it. That's frightening!

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Enrique

Ben Arfa Barton Tiote Gutierrez

Nolan

Carroll

Best team from 10/11?

Elliot

Yedlin Lejeune Clark Dummett

Ritchie Shelvey Hayden Atsu

Perez

Gayle

Best team today?

Probably weaker now than in 8-10 places man-for-man when considering the abilities of that team at the time, we've also got less experience and general know how but a better manager and more professional coaching setup.

Think the only ones up for debate are Yedlin/Simpson, Lejeune/Williamson and Shelvey/Barton at the current time.

Contextually the league is possibly better now than it was then, although that's a hard thing to quantify.

IMO our defence is better and will be more organised under Rafa. Our current attack looks weaker in so much that Nolan and Carroll had a great understanding and we had Hatem frightening defences across the land. The first 5 games will be key in setting up the belief and confidence of the current side. We are still a Tier One striker and CM short. Probably get away with the left back thing for a while.

IMO our defence is better and will be more organised under Rafa. Our current attack looks weaker in so much that Nolan and Carroll had a great understanding and we had Hatem frightening defences across the land. The first 5 games will be key in setting up the belief and confidence of the current side. We are still a Tier One striker and CM short. Probably get away with the left back thing for a while.

Didn't Ben Arfa get his leg snapped after his third game?

Guest The Little Waster

All anyone has to do is remind themselves that whoever the manager happens to be is meaningless . Imagine you have the best car in the world but the driver wants to crash it every now and then ... same with Ashley ; it doesn't matter that we've got Benitez in charge ...it wouldn't fucking matter if we had Jesus in charge ...Ashley will not allow this club to be successful , he's making too much money out of it already to bother fucking with a winning formula ...every season 50 000 muppets turn up and make him richer ...

He's a liar and always has been.

And some people on here were actually "happy" with the sound bites coming out of the club in the aftermath of the Preston win.

I believe even Rafa has been mugged. So sad for someone who clearly feels deeply for this club, even though he's only been here for a relatively short time. :(

Guest neesy111

And some people on here were actually "happy" with the sound bites coming out of the club in the aftermath of the Preston win.

I believe even Rafa has been mugged. So sad for someone who clearly feels deeply for this club, even though he's only been here for a relatively short time. :(

It's the art of deception, people will believe stuff being said when everything is good.  I'll admit Ashley is very good at it.

The timing of this is damn right disgraceful.

Ben Arfa barely kicked a ball. Carroll was only there half a season.

This is right, of course, but any of our proposed strongest XI for this season could get crocked or sold as well.

That was our strongest team in 2010/11 player-for-player.

It's the art of deception, people will believe stuff being said when everything is good.  I'll admit Ashley is very good at it.

Yeah, it's easy to be positive when things are going well. It was obvious that the feel good factor at the time was one reason why the sound bites were sounding positive.

But it's no surprise, as it's Ashley, that it didn't turn out that way. When will people learn??

Yeah, it's easy to be positive when things are going well. It was obvious that the feel good factor at the time was one reason why the sound bites were sounding positive.

But it's no surprise, as it's Ashley, that it didn't turn out that way. When will people learn??

People learnt along time ago pal.