Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest chopey

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of fuck all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for fucks sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of fuck all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for fucks sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

I don't get it. What are we enjoying right now? Should we be grateful that one of the most fervently supported teams in the UK and literally one of the world's biggest money making clubs is back in the Premier League? When I see us actually match the ambition of the world class manager who I could see leaving any minute like Keegan, then I'll be happy. Or, ten years down the line are we still supposed to be waiting for the next transfer window because that's the true test?

Fucking sick of this shit. Sat watching the first match of the season with an Arsenal, Everton and Colchester United fan. Every single one of them managed to bait me tonight. :lol: We've not even played our first match of the season and football can fuck off.

Guest chopey

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of f*** all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for f***s sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

I don't get it. What are we enjoying right now? Should we be grateful that one of the most fervently supported teams in the UK and literally one of the world's biggest money making clubs is back in the Premier League? When I see us actually match the ambition of the world class manager who I could see leaving any minute like Keegan, then I'll be happy. Or, ten years down the line are we still supposed to be waiting for the next transfer window because that's the true test?

Football manager game fans are the worst

Ha Ha this forum really is pessimists united, just enjoy it man, believe me Rafa will leave one day and then what ......give up ?........stop supporting?........pack football in?........there are literally thousands of teams around the world that win nothing every year and achieve the grand total of f*** all, supporting your local team is your birth right and if its not your your local team and you support them because of some strange draw towards them then even better but for f***s sake take the good with the bad and right now its good.

Totally agree, I'm as cynical as the best if them, but ffs the amount of folks on here that seem to want to remove all possible hope from the season is crazy. Ashley is a dick, we have a squad with holes in it but we have a world class manager who can get the best out of players. Seriously this is about as good as it's been under Ashley, if you can't at least hope for a season where you can truly get behind the team, then why bother at all. Give up, go watch the darts or something.

The fact Rafa is a world class manager is the very reason (or one of them)  people are so pissed. You are wasting the best manager you can hope to get because you are a massive cunt (obviously referring to Ashley).

It's the same as when people got massively frustrated with Pardew wasting the talent he had, because it was a massive waste of potential.

Besides what is there to look forward to?  A frustrating season where we finish lower mid table with no real future past next summer when Rafa leaves because the owner keeps pissing him about?

Sounds awesome.

Stop being such a bunch of pussy's...... we've got the greatest manager we could possibly get, managing a young, hungry bunch of players that actually want to play for us, of course we will lose some games but we will give 100% in every game and Rafa has stayed for one major reason .................US FANS and what do we do twist, moan, complain,  winge  .........wind your necks in and support Newcastle FFS Ashley is a horrible w***** but at least he's leaving Rafa alone just now, when it gets to the point where he upsets him into leaving then you can complain but live in the moment and just enjoy it man.

While I get and agree with your overall point there's always going to be anxiety with Ashley as owner, especially as a manager with the pedigree of Rafa's position is being threatened by the owner being a c***; it's going to make people uneasy. They've got history for it with KK, Shearer and Hughton. Far too many media outlets have been saying he's unhappy/frustrated for him not to be unhappy/frustrated. Surely you can understand why people are so uneasy?

I understand the anxiety, even feel it myself but it seems more like Rafa is more frustrated with the market than the clubs playing of it and with Ashley coming out in public and still stating that Rafa has control over everything then I'm pretty sure our manager would put that straigh (and walk) if it wasn't so. Guess we'll find out on Septemeber 1st either way.

FWIW i think something will give in the market in general as it seems like what is stopping the likes of Hanley leaving here is a similar reason to blocking Gibbs, Perez and others moving on.

Guest chopey

The fact Rafa is a world class manager is the very reason (or one of them)  people are so p*ssed. You are wasting the best manager you can hope to get because you are a massive c*** (obviously referring to Ashley).

It's the same as when people got massively frustrated with Pardew wasting the talent he had, because it was a massive waste of potential.

Besides what is there to look forward to?  A frustrating season where we finish lower mid table with no real future past next summer when Rafa leaves because the owner keeps pissing him about?

Sounds awesome.

Your avatar is so fitting

Chopey, I'm a born and bred Geordie and I'll never support another team til the day I die. Kindly f*** right off, you absolute rectangle. There's not a chance I'm settling for now being 'good'. We've got an absolute cretin for an owner and he's trying to push his 'we're only Newcastle United', small-time rhetoric that some people will fall for. Not me.

We're Newcastle United and we deserve more. We deserve a club that at the very least tries to be better. We have the best manager we could possibly hope for and he's being shafted big time. How any true supporter can stand by and claim these are the good times is beyond me. Give your f***ing head a shake, man.

Guest chopey

Chopey, I'm a born and bred Geordie and I'll never support another team til the day I die. Kindly f*** right off, you absolute rectangle. There's not a chance I'm settling for now being 'good'. We've got an absolute cretin for an owner and he's trying to push his 'we're only Newcastle United', small-time rhetoric that some people will fall for. Not me.

We're Newcastle United and we deserve more. We deserve a club that at the very least tries to be better. We have the best manager we could possibly hope for and he's being shafted big time. How any true supporter can stand by and claim these are the good times is beyond me. Give your f***ing head a shake, man.

I gave my head a shake and a question came out would rather have a good owner and a shit manager ?

I gave my head a shake and a question came out would rather have a good owner and a s*** manager ?

Would rather have...? Give your head another shake and come back when you can ask a coherent question.

Ashley is a cunt but so is the interviewer letting him off with the straw man comparison to Man City. Any journalist who gave a toss would press Ashley why we are spending less than Bournemouth or Huddersfield. Why we have the lowest net spend of any club with tens of thousands of match going fans. Ashley only gets away with it (from a national perspective) because the established media narrative is that we are deluded (read: thick) Geordies who don't know their place. See the comments from Jenas too, someone who has a job on MOTD because his face and general image fit, not because of his insight into or fantastic career in football. According to pundits, there is a parallel universe where a club with top ten revenue and fans who turn up in spite of repeated disappointment carries a millstone of overexpections. Our failure to win silverware for decades is mocked, yet conveniently forgotten when discussing the fans and their loyalty. We are supposed to pity the poor billionaire instead.

I gave my head a shake and a question came out would rather have a good owner and a s*** manager ?

Yes, actually. 1000x yes. Managers come and go. If we had a good owner there would be long term hope.

The questions are all staged man. Ashley wouldn't allow himself to be put in an awkward position for a planned interview.

Yeah, I'm sure you're right. There's nothing stopping someone in the studio from giving a counter view though.

I see the merits in everyone's frustration, ffs Unbelieavable, MrMojo and myself (along with others) were one of the first posters on here to question Ashley's intentions, we took a lot of stick back then. The fact is though we are stuck with him for the foreseeable, he is absolutely fucking up this opportunity we have with the best manager we've had in a long time. But I'm personally not going to let him suck the enjoyment out of this season, I've been looking forward to this season since May and I have every faith that Rafa, even with the current squad (which believe it or not has some talent in it)  will have us tough to beat and competitive, obviously not at the top but somewhere not as far from there as all the doom mongers are predicting.

There is way too much negativity around this place right now, admittedly much of Ashley's making and not groundless.

This has little to do with where we'll finish. I'll take 17th this season. People being 'negative' and booting off are doing so because they want some competency and slick operation, not because they are bet setters and anarchists. If I'm going to invest time in something I want it to be looked after. If I can see my ferraris exhaust is going to fall off I'm not going to just enjoy it whilst I have it - you kick up about it. I want to enjoy life undercrafa as much as anyone and I'll challenge any defamation of this club when I see it. The man who is the custodian is causing a needless circus. Again.

Totally agree, I'm as cynical as the best if them, but ffs the amount of folks on here that seem to want to remove all possible hope from the season is crazy. Ashley is a dick, we have a squad with holes in it but we have a world class manager who can get the best out of players. Seriously this is about as good as it's been under Ashley, if you can't at least hope for a season where you can truly get behind the team, then why bother at all. Give up, go watch the darts or something.

Why should it be enough that we have a world class manager? Why can't we build a side to properly compete? Are you so worn done by Ashley overs the years that you happily accept finishing 17th? I don't expect millions snd millions spent i expect us to compete with West Brom, Watford et al for players. But now we can't afford a striker circa 15m or genuine quality to help keep us in the league and properly stabilise. Ashley's latest comments are just farcical. Comparing us to Man City??? :lol: Blaming a lack of stadium naming rights deals when his company is plastered all over the stadium.

I'm looking forward to the Spurs game and I'll be watching and cheering them on. It's the same old rubbish from up top though, the same rubbish that was happening TEN years ago to Keegan. So ofcourse people are going to be p*ssed off about this latest rubbish.

yeah i've been willing to look on the bright side until this point, if ashley was truly staying out of things and leaving rafa to use even a meagre budget how he wanted then so be it

this just confirms the man is a cunt and is presumably trying to get some kind of reaction from rafa after he's driven the narrative for the last few months

ashley can fuck off, when he ruins this we need to burn the whole thing down tbh

I've just seen a clip whereby he said that he regrets renaming SJP (I think he said he was warned not to as well) and then on the footage widely released yesterday he was bemoaning the fact that "It’s Newcastle United, it doesn’t have a £40m-a-year stadium naming rights deal"'.

The bloke is a lying gobshite tosser and we will never go anywhere near to realising our potential when he owns us. We've got to hope that we have new owners this time next year or else sadly Rafa won't be our manager.

Once a cunt, always a cunt!

Worn down by Ashley. Ashley lowering expectations. Is it an age thing, or an entitlement thing? Does anybody  really think Fat Mike has brainwashed the more recent generation?  How do you reconcile the rest of our history in living memory?to my mind,  we had a great promotion season with Keegan. Then we had hope and shared values and a sense (by and large/with moaning exceptions) of something building. We looked good for a year, equalled a record by finishing third. There was something coming, something we could be proud of. It amounted to one season where we looked like the best side in the country. We were setting records building/filling huge stands. Cranking up debt. The next season, looked good on paper; never really in it on grass (Barca excluded). Even with the slight Robson Renaissance, that is it. We are not entitled to be pushing into the top fours' noses. Five years out of 25 years, if you're a 92er, sounds a reasonable proportion of time to be in and around the top. Would be lovely to be there again. But add the previous 25 years and we have over 50 years with 5 of them top four bothering. 11 of them in a lower league. When Ashley says we are Newcastle  United  (with self/club depreciating undertones) why are we chucking toys out left right and centre?  Other than it is him, saying anything (other than here is some cash/gift/loan). I get ambition. I get pride. Growing up I never had expectations we would beat everyone or even play at the top level but I wouldn't be out sung and I wouldn't run away. Basically the things I could control I would try to, in support of the team. The city.  No point fretting over stuff we can't control. Times have been much worse.