Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

This is why I gave up arguing the toss about Mike Ashley. Some people can't be helped.

Finally. I've been waiting for years for somebody to come and tell me we can't compete with Man City to dampen down my ludicrous expectations. Thanks Mike.

Why does nobody ever challenge him on anything?

Think they're intimidated by him tbh. That and he perpetuates the 'let's all laugh at Newcastle' narrative, so it's easy journalism.

"It's Newcastle United" doesn't he fucking realise that that can actually mean something. How he's using it as something to temper feelings I don't know. He could have the £40m naming rights given a bit of time and effort, wouldn't even need much on his part just not doing stupid things. Realise fully well that's asking way too much of the bloke

Guest The Little Waster

This is why I gave up arguing the toss about Mike Ashley. Some people can't be helped.

I'm speechless.

Stockholm syndrome

Went to find that twitter account (yes I know I could have clicked the link) and found that I already had them blocked. Fair play to me.

Good point, this:

https://twitter.com/craigwood20/status/896059412732760064

There's more. Now going on about selling before we buy and defending it. Some fans seem happy to lap up all the dog shit that is spouted by the club.

The worst thing Ashley has done in his time here is totally quash expectations in fans, particularly the younger ones. Tbf him and his cronies have done it spectacularly well. Kills me.

I'm just pleased I had the misguided years of Hall and Shepherd despite their absolutely massive flaws.

Guest firetotheworks

Get behind him after 10 years of this shite.  Some people fucking deserve him and league one.

I have to admit that pre-SackPardew and AshleyOut, I was completely blind to how many people in our support will defend to the death their right to proudly stand in the way of progress, like.

Anyone know where Ashley lives and have a picture of Justin Barnes?

Has a gaffe in Shirebrook and a mansion darn sarf. Places in Marbella and Barbados too iirc. He really is a poor billionaire - only has 1 helicopter.

The worst thing Ashley has done in his time here is totally quash expectations in fans, particularly the younger ones. Tbf him and his cronies have done it spectacularly well. Kills me.

I'm just pleased I had the misguided years of Hall and Shepherd despite their absolutely massive flaws.

I have only really known an Ashley owned NUFC throughout my time supporting this club. I know what this club is capable of, and I know now one of the most vile, greedy bullshitters owns it. He just has to go for the all round health of the club, he doesn't want it, he won't put his money in, he needs to fuck off sharpish.

I'm not letting this dampen my enthusiasm for Sunday. That may be naive, it might be fucking stupid, but I don't care. This club is my club and always will be and that fat cunt is not going to take it away from me. Whether that's a 'super fan' approach or whatever, I don't know.