Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The worst thing Ashley has done in his time here is totally quash expectations in fans, particularly the younger ones. Tbf him and his cronies have done it spectacularly well. Kills me.

I'm just pleased I had the misguided years of Hall and Shepherd despite their absolutely massive flaws.

I have only really known an Ashley owned NUFC throughout my time supporting this club. I know what this club is capable of, and I know now one of the most vile, greedy bullshitters owns it. He just has to go for the all round health of the club, he doesn't want it, he won't put his money in, he needs to fuck off sharpish.

I'm not letting this dampen my enthusiasm for Sunday. That may be naive, it might be fucking stupid, but I don't care. This club is my club and always will be and that fat cunt is not going to take it away from me. Whether that's a 'super fan' approach or whatever, I don't know.

:thup:

The worst thing Ashley has done in his time here is totally quash expectations in fans, particularly the younger ones. Tbf him and his cronies have done it spectacularly well. Kills me.

I'm just pleased I had the misguided years of Hall and Shepherd despite their absolutely massive flaws.

2014:

Mate of mine just posted this on FB, just shows how much Ashley and co have succeeded in lowering fans expectations and ambitions.

"Just woke up, I see newcastle got beat, tbh I'm glad time to focus on what matters, the league!!"

We're heading towards a situation where a whole generation of fans will have joined us under Ashley's ownership, and unfortunately it seems to be the young ones who are the worst for swallowing the clubs lack of ambition.

We're also now in a situation where every rich man in the world knows that you can basically do what you want to NUFC and people will still pay to watch the team.

Ashley's ownership could end up fucking this club for decades.

Guest chopey

Sounds like the full interview is going to be a humdinger, apparently it was supposed to be for before the match on Sunday but it was that good they made a full program of it.

Sounds like the full interview is going to be a humdinger, apparently it was supposed to be for before the match on Sunday but it was that good they made a full program of it.

Usually with stuff like this the most interesting bits are shown first.

Most interesting or most contentious/provocative. 10 pages on here. God knows what the intelligentsia of social media are making of it. What did he actually say? In effect, the club will have to pay it's own way/be a viable business. Shock fucking horror.

Think I preferred when he didn't say anything.

Remember when he was supposedly notoriously secretive and never said anything in public?

For someone supposed to be "good mates" with the people at Tottenham, he has learnt ferk all about running a football club from them.

The more I think about it, the more I realise I was ruined growing up as a Newcastle fan under Keegan and Robson. Those dross years under Souness and Roeder seem almost wonderful in comparison to the last 10 years of nothing. At least back then we did try in the cups, even if we were knocked out in the third round every year.  :lol:

I just saw the intervju. Based on this summer/last 10 years why is everyone upset, it just confirm what we already know. 

He is a batshit cunt.  :lol:

That's exactly why everyone is upset. :lol: :lol:

I just saw the intervju. Based on this summer/last 10 years why is everyone upset, it just confirm what we already know. 

He is a batshit cunt.  :lol:

That's exactly why everyone is upset. :lol: :lol:

:aww: Agree.

But its hardly news we suddenly needs to get crazy about, its what we are until the cunt is gone.

Guest chopey

Stop being such a bunch of pussy's...... we've got the greatest manager we could possibly get, managing a young, hungry bunch of players that actually want to play for us, of course we will lose some games but we will give 100% in every game and Rafa has stayed for one major reason .................US FANS and what do we do twist, moan, complain,  winge  .........wind your necks in and support Newcastle FFS Ashley is a horrible wanker but at least he's leaving Rafa alone just now, when it gets to the point where he upsets him into leaving then you can complain but live in the moment and just enjoy it man.

"This is Newcastle United" bit really pissed me off.

This club despite having the parasite of Sports Direct sucking the life blood out of it has managed to attract one of the worlds top managers. All that is required is a little bit of backing, no £100 millions of pounds.. just enough to make us competitive. Big Mike has such very little respect and/or foresight to see what he has in his hands. If ran right we are a decent club who could punch above its weight, but the more I see of Ashley the more I realise its not his intention to do so.

Stop being such a bunch of pussy's...... we've got the greatest manager we could possibly get, managing a young, hungry bunch of players that actually want to play for us, of course we will lose some games but we will give 100% in every game and Rafa has stayed for one major reason .................US FANS and what do we do twist, moan, complain,  winge  .........wind your necks in and support Newcastle FFS Ashley is a horrible w***** but at least he's leaving Rafa alone just now, when it gets to the point where he upsets him into leaving then you can complain but live in the moment and just enjoy it man.

While I get and agree with your overall point there's always going to be anxiety with Ashley as owner, especially as a manager with the pedigree of Rafa's position is being threatened by the owner being a cunt; it's going to make people uneasy. They've got history for it with KK, Shearer and Hughton. Far too many media outlets have been saying he's unhappy/frustrated for him not to be unhappy/frustrated. Surely you can understand why people are so uneasy?

Stop being such a bunch of pussy's...... we've got the greatest manager we could possibly get, managing a young, hungry bunch of players that actually want to play for us, of course we will lose some games but we will give 100% in every game and Rafa has stayed for one major reason .................US FANS and what do we do twist, moan, complain,  winge  .........wind your necks in and support Newcastle FFS Ashley is a horrible w***** but at least he's leaving Rafa alone just now, when it gets to the point where he upsets him into leaving then you can complain but live in the moment and just enjoy it man.

You're forgetting just one thing and that Ashley is a gambling man who doesnt like to lose. Be it now or next season through lack of investment or even just waiting until Rafa leaves and sticking Pardew back in charge, things are not going to change. Its like f***ing groundhog day.

Guest chopey

I can but historically Newcastle United's fans have never had anything in common with the owners and directors, we are a force unto ourselves Sir John Hall took control of the club through the magpie group, that had the support of the fans in the Leazers, Paddocks and Gallowgate, nowt to do with the suits in the Milburn did he return the favour and give those fans a voice did he f***. Like every top club the true fans and the owners have nowt in common, just now we need someone to blame so we are blaming the bloke writing the cheques .................not the sick f***ers cashing them. ............Howay the lads

You can bury your head in the sand as much as you want but there will come a point when Rafa realises he is wasting his time and then what?

I honestly think we can get something on Sunday and this team might go on to shock people but again then what? We finished 5th under Pardew and had a chance to do something, then failed to invest and were nearly relegated. We are going around in circles.