Newcastle 3 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 24/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 27

Disco

Its a bit strange going to St James again expecting to win, but that's the way its getting again.

Nice couple of pre-match drinks in the Forth and Tilleys before getting to the ground and putting down Ba as first goal scorer and the overall score as 3-1 or 4-1. (Collect that later).

Excellent crowd around us in the Leazes with a bit more singing than usual and some great craic around us.

Went to the loo and got lost on the way back trying to enter a row about 30 seats away.  :idiot2:

Was one of those games that very quickly never looked in doubt and just a case of how many we would get. Best played really well and should have had a few, Tiote looked commanding again, Obi looked great and tbf it was an all round solid performance.

Onwards and upwards.

Krul 6 - Not much to do.

Simpson 6 - Ok.

S. Taylor 8 - Solid yet again.

Coloccini 8 - Forming a very good partnership with Taylor.

R.Taylor 5 - Poor for Blackburn's goal, struggled against Hoilett

Obertan 7.5 - Very, very good. Direct running and a constant threat.

Tiote 8 - Looks back on top form, another assist in a combative display.

Cabaye 8 - Battles, superb range of passing and wonderful vision. Desperate for him to score.

Jonas 7 - Gorgeous reverse pass to Ben Arfa. Kept the ball well and was full of running as per usual.

Best 8 - Tireless worker, deserved a goal, good assist for our opener.

Ba 9 - Can't really ask for more, silenced the doubters in emphatic fashion.

HBA 7 - Decent cameo, could have scored if he'd been a bit more selfish.

Marveaux 6

You're very harsh on Ryan taylor who i thought had his best game of the season so far today.

Guest johnson293

For those with Sky/Virgin but no Sports Sub, remember Sky Sports/HD free this weekend, so Football First at 10:15pm will have the extended highlights available for our match.  O0

Following problems in the Arsenal and Fulham home games with persistent standing in the Strawberry Corner, we understand that around 40 season ticket holders were handed one match "bans" for this game.

In addition it's claimed that around 100 season ticket holders in the same section were issued with written warnings. At least five fans looked to be removed by stewards in the first half of today's game.

Noticed those getting binned.

Got told to sit down today in upper tier of Gallowgate, so fully expecting a letter.

Also got told to stop singing 'Sports Direct is fucking shit' as people may get offended at the language. :lol:

TBF Sports Direct is particularly nauseating for the ears.

Saw the game through Viasat (some extra channel) and it was a english commentator, dunno if you had the same one, but fuck me he was an annoying negative fucker, seriously! Considered turning the sound off but that would be like going to the cinema with your eyes closed.

All he did was complain and complain for 90 minutes, how does an idiot like that get this type of job? I remember the first two corners Cabaye took and he was almost enjoying saying how shocking they were and that it was third one lucky.

My first thought was that the two first ones was meant to be like that, to try something different (mostly because of Samba's aerial presence) And Tioté connecting to it was quite dangerous.

Saw the game through Viasat (some extra channel) and it was a english commentator, dunno if you had the same one, but f*** me he was an annoying negative f***er, seriously! Considered turning the sound off but that would be like going to the cinema with your eyes closed.

All he did was complain and complain for 90 minutes, how does an idiot like that get this type of job? I remember the first two corners Cabaye took and he was almost enjoying saying how shocking they were and that it was third one lucky.

My first thought was that the two first ones was meant to be like that, to try something different (mostly because of Samba's aerial presence) And Tioté connecting to it was quite dangerous.

Garry Birtles.