Newcastle 3 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 24/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 27

Disco

Saw the game through Viasat (some extra channel) and it was a english commentator, dunno if you had the same one, but fuck me he was an annoying negative fucker, seriously!

Aye. The first thing he said after Ba had scored his second - "It's too easy." What a cunt.

Saw the game through Viasat (some extra channel) and it was a english commentator, dunno if you had the same one, but f*** me he was an annoying negative f***er, seriously!

Aye. The first thing he said after Ba had scored his second - "It's too easy." What a c***.

Yep, nothing was good, everything was just too easy, trying to be calm when i think about it BUT I HATE HIM!

I just seen the interview with Kean on the beeb, haven't seen the game yet, 2 hours before they show here. But sounds like we were lucky, they would have won had it not been for a terrible decision by the ref ! Damn for once it would be nice to actually deserve a win, guess that decision really effected the match stats of 59% poss - 41 and 19 shots to 4 too. These referees really need to get themselves sorted out, they can't be influencing games to this degree :)

FFS man just say you were well beaten, you are gonna get f***ing sacked soon anyway, no matter what you say.

I just seen the interview with Kean on the beeb, haven't seen the game yet, 2 hours before they show here. But sounds like we were lucky, they would have won had it not been for a terrible decision by the ref ! Damn for once it would be nice to actually deserve a win, guess that decision really effected the match stats of 59% poss - 41 and 19 shots to 4 too. These referees really need to get themselves sorted out, they can't be influencing games to this degree :)

FFS man just say you were well beaten, you gonna fucking sacked as soon, no matter what you say.

its getting far too common from managers to just look for an easy excuse or not so easy in make something out of nothing just to try and save face-which always fails miserably just admit you were outplayed ffs

Part of the reason I like McCarthy at least he doesn't look for bullshit excuses like Bruce Kean Ferguson Wenger etc

Just watched Football First.

Tiote looked back to his best. Full of energy and confidence and that gave the whole team a boost.

Best may not be the most elegant of players, but his strength and fitness is causing defenders problems. Ba looked far more energetic. Obertan is giving us a threat on the break which we've previously been lacking.

I've got a real downer on Simpson though. His non-challenge on Olsson when he hit the bar was pathetic. He also did poorly for two of the goals against Forest. Basically, he looks frightened and he needs to get his act together quick.

Quite a smug celebration from Mr Hoilett, for someone whose team was losing.

Haha, I noticed that. Did it twice as well, like he wasn't sure if he was meant to be celebrating or not. Probably got an earful.

Guest optimistic nit

http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3938&start=210#p129743

theo, have you compared Newcastle's starting line up to ours? I would only take one of their players, perhaps two at a push. We also had a big mental advantage going into this game given our previous good form at St James'.

This was certainly a game we could have achieved a point in. Instead we rolled over and got dicked by a side which struggles to score. Normal service is resumed for Kean - had he produced something today I would perhaps have started to back him, however, last week's victory was merely a poisoned chalice.

:fool: :fool: :fool:

reading on, even a guy saying this guy is crazy doesn't mention colo or taylor, saying they'd have cabaye, tiote, Ba (understandably) an unfathomably ryan taylor. And thats after someone has already pointed out we've only conceded 3 in 6. i really dont know what we have to do for people to acknowladge we have a good defence (not that i'm complaining). there were people who still thought enrique was a clown until he signed for liverpool.

Looking at chalkboards stats Cabaye had a quieter game than against villa with less passing, but despite this still was extremely positive in his passing. He did however complete more tackles than Tiote whom out passed Cabaye, and yet only had one successfull cross into the box, which resulted in the goal.

Not to say Cabaye had a bad game, these two are f***ing magnificent.

http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3938&start=210#p129743

theo, have you compared Newcastle's starting line up to ours? I would only take one of their players, perhaps two at a push. We also had a big mental advantage going into this game given our previous good form at St James'.

This was certainly a game we could have achieved a point in. Instead we rolled over and got dicked by a side which struggles to score. Normal service is resumed for Kean - had he produced something today I would perhaps have started to back him, however, last week's victory was merely a poisoned chalice.

:fool: :fool: :fool:

reading on, even a guy saying this guy is crazy doesn't mention colo or taylor, saying they'd have cabaye, tiote, Ba (understandably) an unfathomably ryan taylor. And thats after someone has already pointed out we've only conceded 3 in 6. i really dont know what we have to do for people to acknowladge we have a good defence (not that i'm complaining). there were people who still thought enrique was a clown until he signed for liverpool.

tbf on the cbs they do have an excellent one in Samba and Danns alright though it looked like they didn't have a clue based on highlights today and also judging on that forum they really don't like their full back options

Great win, quality performance.

If Ben Arfa can stay fit and be even half as good as we all hope he is we're going to have a very nice little team for ourselves. Cabaye and Tiote are looking like the best CM partnership we've had in a long time, compliment each other so well. Colo is magnificent, and Taylor alongside him is playing as well as he's ever done. Very strong spine.

Great to see Ba get off the mark too, his first goal was absolutely top class.

Good stuff. :)

Seeing the replays over and over I don't really see what Robinson is complaining about for the third. Also pleased that there's nothing wrong with it. Just three players going for the ball in Robinson, Best and Rovers defender, and all three missing it completely.