Wolves vs Newcastle United pre-match thread - 01/10/11 @ 3pm

Beren

Guest ToonUltra

Tough one to call. Boro let me down for £246 on Saturday afternoon after i took a gamble on not putting us on my coupon. Thought after Balckburns record at SJP, it could be an omen sticking us on the bet. How i regretted that. Ill take us this week, i reckon we could be in at evens (not checked that yet).

So long as we remain focused on Saturday, as we have enjoyably been so far, I can see us knocking a few in but our back line have to remeber to take their Berroca on the coach.

Blackburn game will have done Ba the world of good and with Ramadan finished, a nice chicken pasta bake pre match will hopefully make his right leg look like the contents of the M1's smoothbore. I really want this lad to do well.

0-2 (Ba, S.Taylor)

Can forsee the inevitable fuck-up after a few weeks of positivity.

It's coming, stands to reason. That's why I'm relatively relaxed right now, obviously I'm desperate for our run to continue but our excellent start allows for a little comfort. I'll be disappointed if we don't get anything from the game but the run has to end at some point.

The good thing is, the end of the un-beaten run will mark a sense of achievement and instead of moaning about losing a game we can feel proud of what we've done.

The game after we get beat,Pardew can re-jig the team and include Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon in the first team, which will revitalise us.

Down to Pards this one IMHO. Go and impose our game like Villa away and they're there for the taking. Set up like QPR away and we'll get beat. Confidence must be sky high, stick with the same team and tactics.

Guest firetotheworks

Purely because the run must come to an end I think we'll lose. If it weren't for the law of averages I'd predict and happily take a point.

Would take a draw here, although I wouldn't be totally shocked if we pulled off a win, the way we've played the last 2 games we're certainly capable of it, while they've lost 3 in a row.

Our record against Blackburn was shit, we won.  Records mean nothing.

Anyway, will not be any easy game but I think our quality should show through.  The big thing for me is that we do not go to conservative and at the same time, not believe we only have to show up.

Should be an entertaining game, and one I think we will win.

Guest ToonUltra

0-24

Ba 8

Best 6

Barfa 4

Cabaye 2

Tiote 1

Marveaux 1

Coloccini 1

Krul 1

Win tha leeg!

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,

When hope was high and life worth living,

I dreamed the run would never die,

I dreamed that we would still be giving.

For we are young and unafraid,

And dreams are made and used and wasted,

There is no stopping us today,

No pass, no man, no blood untasted.

I had a dream my life would be,

No different to this dream I’m living,

No different now to what I dreamed,

And on my lips my tongue is licking.

For when they see the black and white,

Their dreams are nothing but so fable,

As their breath slowly loses fight,

United clamber up the table.

Now since I dreamed that dream,

I want to live that dream I dreamed.

UNITED…..UNITED……UNITED…

Predict 0-0 or 0-1. Would rather have 0-0 than 2-2, just to keep the defensive tally solid. And I think 4-5-1 is the way to go in this away fixture.

-----------------Krul

Simpson - Colo - S. Taylor - R. Taylor

-----------------Tiote

---------Cabaye - Marveaux

Obertan----------------------------Jonas

------------------Ba

Subs: Elliot, Willamson (?), Santon, Best, Sa. Ameobi, HBA, Guthrie.

:snod:

HBA on the bench because I don't think Pardew will start him. Same with Santon of course. That XI is plausible though (depending on the formation).

It'd be frustrating/unfair heading into a two week long international break on the back of a loss.  Though it'd be irksome having that break after a win/draw too, I suppose.

Screw you, international break. :angry: We hate you!