Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Guest Roger Kint

He went straight into a Champions League game vs. Manchester United and did great. If he should struggle this time around, well, he wouldn't be much different from our current "left back". Santon should definitely start.

Straight in from where? That was his 3rd straight game for Inter and has no relevance to this considering its his fitness thats the main issue here.

The reality is: Raylor is adequately covering the LB position but is very limited, Santon is fast (Rayl's major downfall), skillful and can play left back as well as right back seemingly.

He should be played on Saturday, but there is the factor of "bedding in" or "pace of premiership" to take into account, for these reasons I can't see him coming on until we are a couple of goals up...

I would personally love to see him slot straight into LB, as the other options are gash!

He went straight into a Champions League game vs. Manchester United and did great. If he should struggle this time around, well, he wouldn't be much different from our current "left back". Santon should definitely start.

Straight in from where? That was his 3rd straight game for Inter and has no relevance to this considering its his fitness thats the main issue here.

I don't see the fitness being any problem tbh. He has played a couple of u21 games of late, and would assume he's ready to step in. If he's fit, which he seems to be, he should play.

Guest Roger Kint

I don't see the fitness being any problem tbh. He has played a couple of u21 games of late, and would assume he's ready to step in. If he's fit, which he seems to be, he should play.

Well his manager clearly does and he knows more than us so like i said originally i trust him to make the right choice.

Guest Roger Kint

The reality is: Raylor is adequately covering the LB position but is very limited, Santon is fast (Rayl's major downfall), skillful and can play left back as well as right back seemingly.

He should be played on Saturday, but there is the factor of "bedding in" or "pace of premiership" to take into account, for these reasons I can't see him coming on until we are a couple of goals up...

I would personally love to see him slot straight into LB, as the other options are gash!

No hope in hell of him playing Saturday ;)

hope santon plays....he is ready for the pace of the PL....which i think is silly to keep talking about! the lad is fast and its more down to his generel fitness!

Don't think people are talking about his pace, more the reading of game, which is hard for some foreign players as the game moves much faster.  That said, I'd still start him, he'll have to get used to it at some point!

I dreamt a Cabaye penalty got us a 1-0 win. Only saw it on Soccer Saturday. Even in my dreams I find out scores the boring way. Think it's meaning I'm sticking one last fiver on Cabaye to score, though, before I give up on the sexy motherfucker.

Whats the latest on Adebayor? For fantasy league purposes...

Reckon he's playing.

Everything i've heard has suggested that he's struggling to get back in time, and is unlikely to feature.

Whats the latest on Adebayor? For fantasy league purposes...

Reckon he's playing.

Who reckons that?

Me, myself and I. Just because it is Harry. And because it would be very fortunate for us. Really hoping he won't.

Guest kingdawson

So arrogant.

eh? what's arrogant about that? For real arrogance i point you to..

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=31657&st=0

i especially like this entry

"I generally expect to beat them for the same reasons I expect to beat Sunderland. They have a decent side, I can't deny that, but they ALWAYS freeze when they come to bigger grounds and bigger clubs. Can't remember them winning here, Man Utd or Chelsea in the last 6 or 7 years.

Was on there forum http://www.glory-glory.co.uk last night, most of them deluded fuckers think they'll win 1-3. Well if you're reading you utter deluded mongs, 1-3 would be your biggest win against us here for nearly forty years. They really are such cunts. They've won four in a row but I'm actually convinced we'll do the fuckers 3-1. "

or maybe your very own Greg's entry on our GG site where he linked a video of your 7-1 demolition of us then followed it up with ..

"Is Michael Dawson fit? Shame if not. I will never forget a 35 year old Alan Shearer outpacing him! :ross:

Dawson is a clown, has often gifted us goals over the years"

That's on our forum btw. If i had done a similar thing on here i wonder what the reaction would be.

So arrogant.

eh? what's arrogant about that? For real arrogance i point you to..

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?showtopic=31657&st=0

i especially like this entry

"I generally expect to beat them for the same reasons I expect to beat Sunderland. They have a decent side, I can't deny that, but they ALWAYS freeze when they come to bigger grounds and bigger clubs. Can't remember them winning here, Man Utd or Chelsea in the last 6 or 7 years.

Was on there forum http://www.glory-glory.co.uk last night, most of them deluded fuckers think they'll win 1-3. Well if you're reading you utter deluded mongs, 1-3 would be your biggest win against us here for nearly forty years. They really are such c***s. They've won four in a row but I'm actually convinced we'll do the fuckers 3-1. "

or maybe your very own Greg's entry on our GG site where he linked a video of your 7-1 demolition of us then followed it up with ..

"Is Michael Dawson fit? Shame if not. I will never forget a 35 year old Alan Shearer outpacing him! :ross:

Dawson is a clown, has often gifted us goals over the years"

That's on our forum btw. If i had done a similar thing on here i wonder what the reaction would be.

To be fair, Dawson has had some shockers against us. The first point is a load of rubbish though obviously.

Even though he was given compassionate leave, Walker has made himself available as Corluka is injured.  :smitten:

Thats a shame he looks some player.