Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

The main thing people are annoyed about is Parker being massively overrated by the press. I do think he's decent enough in what he does like.

But Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year ffs - didn't deserve that accolade last year man.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The thing with Parker is, because the press overrate him, people think they have to underrate him to even it out.

He's not totally s*** like some would make out.  He is a decent player, better than Barry and Carrick.

;D

Guest kingdawson

Parker has played 4 games for us so far and was MOTM in 3 of them (some might even say 4). He's been sensational.

He's probably looked sensational because its something your team desperately needed. He's nothing special.

No he's looked sensational because he's played sensational (besides we have Sandro so wasn't a position we desperately needed).

Honestly KD, there's no point. Everyone here has the blinkers on.

as is saying parkers been sensational. only saw the north london derby and he was good, a long way from sensational and also wasn't pressured.

He's also a long way from being 's****' which seems to be what everyone thinks. Christ, if you say Parker had a good game in here now and get shot down. Been like that ever since he left. It's tiresome.

to be fair to many saying that he did play a lot of very ordinary stuff at west ham that was lauded in the press. could it be a reaction to that ? he's certainly not a player that has me thinking "s***, they've got scott parker"

Mate you say "a lot of very ordinary stuff" but ask any Weest Ham fan who have actually watched him every game of the season and they'd tell you he was immense for them last season.

And tbh people rarely get intimidated by the oppositions defensive minded players no matter how good they are. It's the creative players that get people scared not the defensive ones (i'm not nearly as scared of Tiote as i am a player like Ba or Jonas even though i think he's far more talented).

Parker has played 4 games for us so far and was MOTM in 3 of them (some might even say 4). He's been sensational.

He's probably looked sensational because its something your team desperately needed. He's nothing special.

No he's looked sensational because he's played sensational (besides we have Sandro so wasn't a position we desperately needed).

Honestly KD, there's no point. Everyone here has the blinkers on.

as is saying parkers been sensational. only saw the north london derby and he was good, a long way from sensational and also wasn't pressured.

He's also a long way from being 's****' which seems to be what everyone thinks. Christ, if you say Parker had a good game in here now and get shot down. Been like that ever since he left. It's tiresome.

to be fair to many saying that he did play a lot of very ordinary stuff at west ham that was lauded in the press. could it be a reaction to that ? he's certainly not a player that has me thinking "s***, they've got scott parker"

Mate you say "a lot of very ordinary stuff" but ask any Weest Ham fan who have actually watched him every game of the season and they'd tell you he was immense for them last season.

And tbh people rarely get intimidated by the oppositions defensive minded players no matter how good they are. It's the creative players that get people scared not the defensive ones (i'm not nearly as scared of Tiote as i am a player like Ba or Jonas even though i think he's far more talented).

Yet. Wait till he breaks you just like he did Arsenal.

Tiote at Arsenal away was immense. He made Fabregas look hopeless.

Its been about fifteen pages, so I'll repeat that we've done Spurs many times with much worse than what we've got now, and absolutely threw the same fixture away last season. No need to be scared of them or the hype machine about em.

The main thing people are annoyed about is Parker being massively overrated by the press. I do think he's decent enough in what he does like.

But Football Writers' Association Footballer of the Year ffs - didn't deserve that accolade last year man.

This.  He's tidy in possession most the time, has a good engine and weighs in with the odd goal.  However, some of the comments from the press were ridiculous.  Our media does have a tendancy to over hype players.  Bale at the start of last season for example (not saying he's not a great player BTW!)

Tiote at Arsenal away was immense. He made Fabregas look hopeless.

Its been about fifteen pages, so I'll repeat that we've done Spurs many times with much worse than what we've got now, and absolutely threw the same fixture away last season. No need to be scared of them or the hype machine about em.

Your making me expect to win now. Killing me with optomism which being a Newcastle fan you cannot allow to go unchecked before the crushing dissappointment hits.

Must ...resist...Nooo,  yes we gonna win! Aaargh! damn you Stottie you fiend!!

If Pards had balls the size of water melons, he would put Santon on the left, Rayls on the right and marveaux in front of him...

But ....they are the size of maltesers so make do with the same team as last outing... Not bad tbh...

Guest Roger Kint

Depends if he can last the 90+ minutes with his liquid knee.

He played 90min for Italy U21 this week.

Hardly the same as a Premier League game against Tottenham

Guest Roger Kint

Keep hearing that foreign players need time to adjust to the pace of the premier league. Cabaye even said how fast he found it.

If that's correct, would there be much advantage throwing Santon in against Lennon?

Cant really judge all foreign players by the 'well Cabaye coped with the pace' rule sadly. I have faith that Pardew knows more than us fans about Santons fitness and readiness to start.

Keep hearing that foreign players need time to adjust to the pace of the premier league. Cabaye even said how fast he found it.

If that's correct, would there be much advantage throwing Santon in against Lennon?

Cant really judge all foreign players by the 'well Cabaye coped with the pace' rule sadly. I have faith that Pardew knows more than us fans about Santons fitness and readiness to start.

That's really what I was saying.

Cabaye is a very good athlete / footballer and even he found it hard.

I also trust Pardew on this.

Guest Roger Kint

That's really what I was saying.

Cabaye is a very good athlete / footballer and even he found it hard.

I also trust Pardew on this.

Was agreeing with you, many saying he will do a better job simply because he isnt Ryan Taylor, while it will be hard to do worse i trust Pardew to know when he is ready himself.

Guest Roger Kint

Depends if he can last the 90+ minutes with his liquid knee.

He played 90min for Italy U21 this week.

Hardly the same as a Premier League game against Tottenham

His knee still lasted for 90min of football.

Fair enough if you cant work out the difference.....

He went straight into a Champions League game vs. Manchester United and did great. If he should struggle this time around, well, he wouldn't be much different from our current "left back". Santon should definitely start.