Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Aye I can't wait now it has been far too long since our last home game against Blackburn. Hope we can sneak a win but it will be tight and hopefully it will be a good game, really enjoyed this one last year and Coloccini's goal was brilliant. Good test for Cabaye and co.

I was wondering if this is going to be the first game where I wouldn't be massively disappointed losing so can watch pressure off and hopefully enjoy a good performance, then realise we will score in first 10 minutes and I will be hugely nervous about holding on for the rest of the match  :fool:

Reckon we may need to score first, or spurs could get a grip on our defense.  This is the first really good attacking team we have played...it could get messy.

1-4 flanks exposed.

No chance.

If we do get beaten on sunday fair and square or spurs are simply too strong for us people will need to put it in perspective instead of the classic moaning and griping you see with football fans. We are going to lose at some point and we will sadly go through a bad patch but we've done fantastically so far.

If however we win......................all hell will break loose among the press,  :lol:

If we do get beaten on sunday fair and square or spurs are simply too strong for us people will need to put it in perspective instead of the classic moaning and griping you see with football fans. We are going to lose at some point and we will sadly go through a bad patch but we've done fantastically so far.

If however we win......................all hell will break loose among the press,  :lol:

People may be entitled to moan if we play badly, tbf. A fantastic start to the season will not exculpate anyone from failure further on down the line. Obviously, maintaining perspective and proportionality is important, but if we surrender to Spurs in a timid or uncourageous fashion manner I'll be a bit miffed!

We'll win though, so bit of a moot point.

:harry: just on SSN now, Adebayor seems like a major doubt. Says he won't risk him with the hamstring tear if it's not right.

We're gonna win 4-0  :cheesy:

Glad that it looks like Ade won't be playing. Still think Spurs will get goals though and it will probably end up a score draw. Reckon Defoe might bag a couple, he's a quality finisher (When on form)  :undecided:

Tottenham Lolzspurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor is in a race against time to be fit to face Newcastle United.

The Togolese marksman has been in fine form following his loan move to White Hart Lane from Manchester City with three goals in four appearances.

The former Arsenal man scored twice in a 4-0 win over Liverpool while he also found the back of the net on his debut against Wolves.

However, he sustained a hamstring strain in Tottenham's 2-1 success over North London rivals Arsenal 10 days ago.

Adebayor is now believed to have a 50-50 chance of playing at St James' Park on Sunday.