Newcastle Utd vs Wigan Athletic pre-match thread (22/10/11 @ 3pm)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

As the Mackems would say, on paper this is a home banker. Just hope this doesnt turn out to be this season's Grimsby. They don't have anyone called "Dobbin" playing for them do they??

Aye. We should never forget the Grimsby "home banker". Great example. :thup:

seen dozens of the over the years. but i think pards has the players buzzing and not taking owt for granted.

Getting really excited for this, but really nervous too. The more I think we could do 'em, the more I expect to be let down

Howay the Lads!

It will happen at some point. Even if we finish 7th we'll slip up in at least 3-4 games like this over the season. Look at when we finished 4th and we drew with Ipswich & Sunderland who finished 17th & 18th and lost to mid-table Spurs.

Premier League:

Wigan (h): cash entry

for early arrivals

NUFC are advertising a cash turnstile for Saturday's game with reduced ticket prices - but only for supporters who arrive before 2pm (at which time the turnstile will close).

Cash prices: £20 adults, £15 OAPs/NUS and £10 U18s and entry is via turnstiles 87/88 at the North West corner which will only be open between 1pm and 2pm.

Just to clarify, these prices only apply to this turnstile at this time, they cannot be bought in advance and there will be no entry via a cash turnstile anywhere after 2pm.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was expecting us to win. Not even against West Ham last year when they were shite, or in the cup games against lower league opponents was I this confident of a win. I feel a bit like Tobias Funke when he's auditioning for the role of Frightened Inmate #2, when his confidence scarce him, which makes him confident again :laugh:

As the Mackems would say, on paper this is a home banker. Just hope this doesnt turn out to be this season's Grimsby. They don't have anyone called "Dobbin" playing for them do they??

Was gutted when he launched that rocket in. I nearly choked on a hazelnut from my Geordie chocolate (they really need to bring that stuff back).

Guest elbee909

I honestly can't remember the last time I was expecting us to win. Not even against West Ham last year when they were shite, or in the cup games against lower league opponents was I this confident of a win. I feel a bit like Tobias Funke when he's auditioning for the role of Frightened Inmate #2, when his confidence scarce him, which makes him confident again :laugh:

Let the EXPERIMENT BEGIN!

Bit worried about today, yes they're shit but they have some decent players going forward, Moses against either Simpson or R Taylor worries me a bit. The Blackpool home game from last season has ruined me, you just never know what could happen.

Everything points to a guaranteed win for us, we're a far superior team on paper and on the pitch, we're in great form and it seems like we can beat anybody, the confidence in the whole city is very high. They seem to be struggling to see where their next point is going to come from and are completely devoid of anything on and off the pitch.

We'll lose 3-0.

Everything points to a guaranteed win for us, we're a far superior team on paper and on the pitch, we're in great form and it seems like we can beat anybody, the confidence in the whole city is very high. They seem to be struggling to see where their next point is going to come from and are completely devoid of anything on and off the pitch.

We'll lose 3-0.

ok lads, we get it. these posts are getting a bit giggs

We'll lose 3-0.

ok lads, we get it. these posts are getting a bit giggs

:bluestar:

In all honesty, can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so it will only be a 5-1 win.