Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wigan - 22/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

Lessons to be learned here if we want to keep up this run of form. Simpson and Obertan the weak links - even more frustrating knowing we've two solutions sitting on the bench. Sort it out Pards.

Blackburn could well show him, hopefully Santon/Marv both start on Wednesday down that side and play well.

Yes we didn't play as well as we could've, but this is the difference between us last season and this season. We are able to grind out the result even when we aren't playing at 100%. Well done Cabaye for his first goal, and what a goal it was. :thup:

Yeah the signs are there for Pardew, needs to shake things up for Stoke. Start Santon and Marv in the league cup so they have 90 mins under their belts then start them at Stoke.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Its been said but again, Marveauxs just contributed more in 14 minutes than Obertan did in the last 180

Seems a simple decision

Obertan is a joke.Marveaux is a great player

MY ALREADY EXCEEDINGLY HIGH EXPECTATIONS OF WINNING THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE THIS SEASON HAVE WENT EVEN HIGHER AFTER THIS WIN.

WE GANNA WIN THE WORLD CUP!

If we don't win the Champions Shield Play-off then Ashley needs to sack Pardew.

:lol:

Only Sam Allardyce could bring us the glory we deserve.

JFK as his number two and we're destined for glory man.

We're not going to get any plaudits this week though! More cries of "false position" - and if you'd watched just that game, not far off the mark.

Did you really expect us to piss all over them? Wigan are already fighting for their lives, they had reason to be a lot more motivated than us. Grinding out a result in a game like this is pretty encouraging if you ask me.

Krul  7

Simpson  6

Taylor  6

Coloccini  8

Taylor  6

Obertan  5

Tiote  7

Cabaye  7

Jonas  7

Best  6

Ba  6

HBA  6

Shola  6

Marveaux  6

Agree with this pretty much.

Not a daft post for once. Keep it up.

Guest Heneage

I'm running low on patience for Pardew with Obertan. He's clearly still learning the game and best suited to a more stretched and open game, a tight compact one like today was never ever going to suit his languid sloppy style.

It'll be a similar story at Stoke so for me Marveaux has to start.