Newcastle United 1 - 0 Wigan - 22/10/11 - Post-match reaction from page 28

Beren

When Wigan go down al habsi is going to have his pick of top clubs. Heard he had another good game today. Not that we need him, but if we did need a keeper he'd be my no1 choice right now (for our price range)

Made a few good saves but the one in the first half from Best (?) was outstanding. Can see him being a wanted man if Wigan go down.

Seems a really nice lad as well, scouted and brought to England by John Burridge.

Krul - 7

Simpson - 6

R. Taylor - 6

Coloccini - 7

S.Taylor - 6

Obertan - 5 (Marveaux - 6)

Jonas - 6

Tiote - 7

Cabaye - 7

Ba - 6 (Ameobi - 6)

Best - 6 (Ben Arfa - 6)

Definitely the sign of a top 8 team today, they had ten-men behind the ball all game, had a few good chances, but we still looked like we were going to win it for me. Bring on Stoke. Would be brilliant if Norwich could do us a favour here so we go into that one 4th no matter what. :lol:

You can't play well every week but we got there eventually. We rode out luck a little but had our chances,they simply didn't commit men forward do didn't capitalise on a few crosses into the box. We've struggled against teams that pack the midfield all season and Pardew needs to counter it next time it happens.

Ben Arfa once again gave us something different and we were a better team in the second half. Marveaux looks a very tidy player.

They don't half fucking whinge in the east stand mind,this actually happened....... 'what's all this tippy tally nonsense? All we've done today is tried to keep the ball, you don't win any games doing that!'

Unbelievable.

I'd have lol'd

Good win, thought the performance was a bit crap and were bit lucky in some ways but another win and 4th for another week so all good......

I just hope Obertan and Simpson are dropped for Marveaux and Santon because they are clearly the weakness atm......

Anyway onwards and upwards, howay the lads !

Krul was forced to make one good save, but we were never 'lucky'. Tbf, the rest of the report isn't far wrong.

Seems a common thing in footballing analysis nowadays. Good/important saves = 'they were lucky'.

Krul was forced to make one good save, but we were never 'lucky'. Tbf, the rest of the report isn't far wrong.

Seems a common thing in footballing analysis nowadays. Good/important saves = 'they were lucky'.

Aye, it's not like the goalkeeper is a member of the team and their performance can ever contribute to a victory or anything.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Krul 9 because he is in PL 

Ah! Thanks for clearing that one up.

I see pl 20 years

Beckham 1 because he is in MLS.

Beckham plays in L1 with PSG he is old

PL goalkeeper  is overrated 

Krul is top for PL

Lessons to be learned here if we want to keep up this run of form. Simpson and Obertan the weak links - even more frustrating knowing we've two solutions sitting on the bench. Sort it out Pards.

Simpson didn't have a bad game today.

I see pl 20 years

Krul is top for PL

:lol:

Just thought i'd drop by to say we were fucking shambolic and a half-decent team wouldve got 3 or 4. Not a single one of them played better than awful and that includes Tiote. Is there a worse footballer than Obertan? Honestly, he should be banished from the first team for that. But its another clean sheet, innit?

I see pl 20 years

Krul is top for PL

Spot on.