Which one stupid rule would you get rid of?

Dave

For me it's the booking for taking your shirt off. Utterly ridiculous.

There are a few other contenders though, booking for running to the crowd, players having to go off for treatment even if they're perfectly fine etc etc.

That offside phases bollocks is pretty fucking stupid. Either you gain an advantage or you don't.

Yeah, and it's ruined a good joke about people not understanding a simple off-side rule too. If anyone advanced beyond the last defender when the ball is played, offside.

Taking the shirt off should only be a yellow if its completely taken off. Like Balotelli did doesn¨t deserve a yellow in my opinion. Problem is that if you take of your shirt might happen that you put it on wrong and delay the game and so on.

Taking the shirt off should only be a yellow if its completely taken off. Like Balotelli did doesn¨t deserve a yellow in my opinion. Problem is that if you take of your shirt might happen that you put it on wrong and delay the game and so on.

Pretty sure Balotelli could have get confused/trapped even trying to pull back his shirt on just then in fairness. The video of him struggling with a bib was brilliant.

There are a few other contenders though, booking for running to the crowd, players having to go off for treatment even if they're perfectly fine etc etc.

I'm sure the reasoning behind the shirtlifter rule is to avoid offending foreign cultures where it's socially unacceptable to do such a thing. Farcical really.

What difference does it make if it's completely taken off? If they delay the kickoff, book them then.

Not a rule as such but more of a clampdown on where someone commits a foul, play is allowed to go on and the referee forgets to book the player when play stops. Also I'd like to see a bigger clamp down on diving, we still see a case of where players dive and the referee waves them to get up but doesn't book them.

I have to agree though that the celebration of taking your shirt off shouldn't be a red card offence.

The six seconds for a goalkeeper to hold the ball is a daft one as well. Must have been enforced about twice, ever. Does some t*** really sit there and count? :lol:

At the Tottenham game at SJP the guy infront of me was counting it every time Friedel had the ball and then he screams "thats more than 6 seconds you fucking cunt, get it out!" or something to that effect :lol:

Stoppage time should be the same as in rugby, as in when a player is down injured, that time is stopped - not just 1 minute added on no matter how long they are down.  Annoys me a little.  Shirt rule is definitely the silliest though.

The six seconds for a goalkeeper to hold the ball is a daft one as well. Must have been enforced about twice, ever. Does some twat really sit there and count? :lol:

Thats a good rule, nowt worse when teams are beating you or getting a valuable point and they start taking forever, especially if it's a team who start doing it as early as they can into the game.

I'm sure the reasoning behind the shirtlifter rule is to avoid offending foreign cultures where it's socially unacceptable to do such a thing. Farcical really.

I think it's actually to do with sponsors not being happy about their ads getting less exposure at the point where they're supposed to get the most exposure.

The six seconds for a goalkeeper to hold the ball is a daft one as well. Must have been enforced about twice, ever. Does some twat really sit there and count? :lol:

Thats a good rule, nowt worse when teams are beating you or getting a valuable point and they start taking forever, especially if it's a team who start doing it as early as they can into the game.

When was the last time you saw the rule enforced though? Is it not meant to be an indirect freekick? Keepers get booked for timewasting all the time on goal kicks, pretty sure Krul has had a few.

When was the last time you saw the rule enforced though? Is it not meant to be an indirect freekick? Keepers get booked for timewasting all the time on goal kicks, pretty sure Krul has had a few.

Think he got booked at Wolves for it?

I can only ever remember seeing it enforced once and that was for us, can't remember which game it was but Shearer dispatched the free kick.